Is it possible to perform non-destructive upgrade method from 10.2.0.1803 to 10.2.1.1055? Or is it not advised due to the jump in the software version and thus different underlying system?

Posted via CB10
    ryshhh likes this.
    11-13-13 08:02 AM
    There would be no problem doing it, but the upgrade files are simply not available.

Posted via CB10
    ryshhh likes this.
    11-13-13 08:04 AM
    There would be no problem doing it, but the upgrade files are simply not available.

Posted via CB10
    Bar files can be extracted using Darcy's tool right? If so then it is just a matter of installing those files over for the non-destructive method.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:46 PM
    I asked thurask about this in the 1055 thread. He said it isn't possible to extract from the autoloader for that purpose. I had the same thoughts and hopes.
    11-13-13 02:00 PM
    No -- it cannot at present be done as the required files are not available. I looked into reconstructing the headers necessary to do it from a split-up autoloader months ago and ran into a number of brick walls.
    11-13-13 02:01 PM
    thanks guys, so it is back to installing from scratch and hoping the restoring process goes well, but i think all the new features in this latest leak make it all worthwhile

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:05 PM
    Bar files can be extracted using Darcy's tool right? If so then it is just a matter of installing those files over for the non-destructive method.

Posted via CB10
    Bar files can be extracted, the core OS files cannot. That's why sometimes you see certain apps from a new build or the android runtime made available for an OS that you can't run.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-13-13 03:12 PM
    Bar files can be extracted, the core OS files cannot. That's why sometimes you see certain apps from a new build or the android runtime made available for an OS that you can't run.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mate. How do we know in advance whether an OS build can be upgraded using non-destructive method or not? Are there any specific extracted bar files that we need to look for before deciding to do the non-destructive way?
    11-14-13 03:17 AM
    How about if we split the autoloader into OS + Radio files and then compressed the files into ZIP and rename it to BAR. Is it possible?

Because, if we download the debrick files, it will be in two parts of BAR files and if we renamed the BAR to ZIP, we will be able to extract the signed files. So, is it possible to do it the other way around?

And we can sideload those BAR files just as we sideload debricks files to do a non-destructive upgrade.
    11-14-13 03:36 AM
    Thanks mate. How do we know in advance whether an OS build can be upgraded using non-destructive method or not? Are there any specific extracted bar files that we need to look for before deciding to do the non-destructive way?
    When they are close to release, we can sometimes get them off the carrier servers using Sachsei. That's the only time a non destructive upgrade can be accomplished. Never from an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:57 AM
    how does one do a "non-destructive" upgrade anyway? is Sachesi the only way or what others are there? I know what they mean that one wipes your data and other doesn't, but I'm not fully clear on HOW to do destructive vs. non-destructive... but I don't think i'm doing it right lol...

I'm actually just trying to upgrade TO .1803 but I'm on AT&T so when I search for OS' on Sachesi using STL-2, it only finds a lower version of 10.2... it actually doesn't find anything using a US code, so I used UK O2 and the highest it gave me was 10.2.0.1791...

sidenote:: does anyone know/remember if Link shows you what version it's offering when it shows a software update available BEFORE it installs it? I have the red spark but I want to see what version it is before I install cuz if it's showing .1803 there I can just do it that way... but otherwise I don't want to install through Link...
    11-17-13 01:59 AM
    how does one do a "non-destructive" upgrade anyway? is Sachesi the only way or what others are there? I know what they mean that one wipes your data and other doesn't, but I'm not fully clear on HOW to do destructive vs. non-destructive... but I don't think i'm doing it right lol...

I'm actually just trying to upgrade TO .1803 but I'm on AT&T so when I search for OS' on Sachesi using STL-2, it only finds a lower version of 10.2... it actually doesn't find anything using a US code, so I used UK O2 and the highest it gave me was 10.2.0.1791...
    UK Vodafone 015 will give you the 10.2.0.1083 update, set mode to debrick and download the two files (click on the circle behind the install tab for advance options) then just sideload them to your phone.
    11-17-13 02:32 AM
    UK Vodafone 015 will give you the 10.2.0.1083 update, set mode to debrick and download the two files (click on the circle behind the install tab for advance options) then just sideload them to your phone.
    hah, never even realized that lil circle took you to more options... so "debrick" does non-destructive? and for future reference, does "upgrade" wipe everything and do destructive or no?

and awesome thank you for the code too, cuz I saw vodafone is in like a million countries...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 11-17-13 at 02:57 AM.
    11-17-13 02:40 AM
    hah, never even realized that lil circle took you to more options... so "debrick" does non-destructive? and for future reference, does "upgrade" wipe everything and do destructive or no?

and awesome thank you for the code too, cuz I saw vodafone is in like a million countries...
    If u choose upgrade it will not need to wipe as well, because I'm using that way...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:13 AM

Actually debrick files are the destructive ones. To use sachesi for a non-destructive upgrade you need the upgrade bars.

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    11-17-13 09:03 AM
    Actually debrick files are the destructive ones. To use sachesi for a non-destructive upgrade you need the upgrade bars.

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    No blackscorpion, debrick files aren't destructive. I always use debrick for non-destructive upgrade. It's easier too since no need to download the files one by one because i always use Internet Download Manager (faster download). Took sometimes to download using sachesi, IDM is a lot faster.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:25 AM