I think you are right - the_nelik. Everybody who uses Whatsapp, knows about the issue because in OS10-Whatsapp it's written: This Version ends 31.12.2016. There are plenty people who use Whatsapp for daily conversation with family, friends, at work. If there isn't a solution for a proper working Android-Whatsapp-Version on OS10, people will get an iOS or android-mobile instead.

Blackberry it self will not care about it, because they jumped on the android train. There is only one way of keeping OS10 attractive: providing good working communication-apps - even if the basis is an android app.

I use Android-Whatsapp every day. I don't use WAA Fixer for sending media anymore because it did not work all time on my Q10. If I want to share pictures or movies, I upload them to my filehost and share the Link via Android-Whatsapp. Since Android-Whatsapp has no problems with sending text, it doesn't restrict me too much and it has one other advantage: I need less traffic while sharing only links. So my Q10 will work fine some more years.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 08-23-16 at 07:28 AM.
    08-23-16 06:55 AM
    Hi all, just discovered this thread.

I'm CellNinja, the developer of WAA Fixer. As someone here posted, I disliked the app from the beginning and felt I should have never done it in the first place, I personally think it's a bad idea to switch to WA Android right now while the BlackBerry 10 version is still working and is one of the best app on BlackBerry World. By providing WAA Fixer, people were abandoning the BlackBerry 10 version even more, sending the message to WhatsApp that they took a good decision by announcing end of support for BlackBerry 10, do you see how BlackBerry 10 is dying, the BlackBerry 10 app is not used anymore.

I don't want to start a discussion on that topic, that's my feeling about it and I couldn't stand being one of the reason for that new migration to WA Android. Also, the fact I don't use WhatsApp myself and only had one contact on my dummy account wasn't very helpful for testing the app as it needs to be tested when developing it.

That being said, what will happen with WAA Fixer?

I know some BlackBerry 10 users really want this app, so I asked to a group of developer I know if someone was interested in continuing the app. Someone reached out to me and took the project over, I just sent him the whole code yesterday. I don't know much about this developer, don't know his vendor account or what app he has developed. His company is called Jendorski Labs, a Google search will point you to his GitHub, but WAA Fixer doesn't seem to be there.

I don't know if Jendorski Labs plan to release the app in BlackBerry World or Beta Zone, if they will post it for free or as a paid app, if they'll be actively developing it or not, that's up to them.

I won't share the bar file myself but I don't care if I see the bar file being shared on CB by others, I just don't want to be linked to that app anymore. By the way, someone asked how some guy was able to get the bar file, the bar file was originally posted in WAA Fixer Beta Zone discussion thread, but that thread is now closed since the app was removed from Beta Zone.

Good luck with your preferred WhatsApp app, I'm out.

Posted via CB10
    Fair play to you mate, if you want to send me the source I'll upload it to github and leave it be, your choice mate.
    spiculated and mcmacerson like this.
    08-23-16 12:32 PM

I'm CellNinja, the developer of WAA Fixer. As someone here posted, I disliked the app from the beginning and felt I should have never done it in the first place, I personally think it's a bad idea to switch to WA Android right now while the BlackBerry 10 version is still working and is one of the best app on BlackBerry World. By providing WAA Fixer, people were abandoning the BlackBerry 10 version even more, sending the message to WhatsApp that they took a good decision by announcing end of support for BlackBerry 10, do you see how BlackBerry 10 is dying, the BlackBerry 10 app is not used anymore.

I don't want to start a discussion on that topic, that's my feeling about it and I couldn't stand being one of the reason for that new migration to WA Android. Also, the fact I don't use WhatsApp myself and only had one contact on my dummy account wasn't very helpful for testing the app as it needs to be tested when developing it.

I know some BlackBerry 10 users really want this app, so I asked to a group of developer I know if someone was interested in continuing the app. Someone reached out to me and took the project over, I just sent him the whole code yesterday. I don't know much about this developer, don't know his vendor account or what app he has developed. His company is called Jendorski Labs, a Google search will point you to his GitHub, but WAA Fixer doesn't seem to be there.

I don't know if Jendorski Labs plan to release the app in BlackBerry World or Beta Zone, if they will post it for free or as a paid app, if they'll be actively developing it or not, that's up to them.

I won't share the bar file myself but I don't care if I see the bar file being shared on CB by others, I just don't want to be linked to that app anymore. By the way, someone asked how some guy was able to get the bar file, the bar file was originally posted in WAA Fixer Beta Zone discussion thread, but that thread is now closed since the app was removed from Beta Zone.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for coming out and clearing up any and all speculation. I understand your decision and respect it and any attempt you made towards a solution for an app you didn't even use haha. My regards.
    08-24-16 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for coming clarify your position. In these days, when even more people do thinks without any reason to do it, and without even think of the reasons they are doing, is really nice to read your post. If people wants to continue development, it's up to them, the basis is here. And we have still 4 months to properly do so...

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Cheers,
    08-24-16 05:45 AM
    Downloading from OneDrive didn't work for me.

Could somebody please send me the .apk or .bar file?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-30-16 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Removed email
    08-30-16 08:55 AM
    Here it is on cloud mail:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/A7AF/j2qxiKkVy
    mcmacerson likes this.
    08-31-16 07:02 AM
    Thanks a lot!

I just recognized that I always need developer mode to sideload .bar Apps.
    The develper mode is blocked by my employers IT security restrictions.

Can anybody please provide an .apk file???

Regards,
    Martin
    09-09-16 03:44 AM
    You need not to worry at least up to 31 Dec 2016.
    09-09-16 03:51 AM

Regards,
    Martin
    I don't believe bar can be converted into apk.

You'll need somehow to enable that developer mode and to sideload it. With google chrome extension is the easiest method 😉

Precious Q5 ☀
    09-09-16 07:12 PM
    Thanks a lot!

I just recognized that I always need developer mode to sideload .bar Apps.
    The develper mode is blocked by my employers IT security restrictions.

Regards,
    Martin
    You don't need developper mod if you use Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 10:00 PM
    Thanks,

I will try to resolve the sideload/developper mode Problem by using Sachesi.
    09-16-16 05:56 AM
    I think you are right - the_nelik. Everybody who uses Whatsapp, knows about the issue because in OS10-Whatsapp it's written: This Version ends 31.12.2016. There are plenty people who use Whatsapp for daily conversation with family, friends, at work. If there isn't a solution for a proper working Android-Whatsapp-Version on OS10, people will get an iOS or android-mobile instead.

Blackberry it self will not care about it, because they jumped on the android train. There is only one way of keeping OS10 attractive: providing good working communication-apps - even if the basis is an android app.

I use Android-Whatsapp every day. I don't use WAA Fixer for sending media anymore because it did not work all time on my Q10. If I want to share pictures or movies, I upload them to my filehost and share the Link via Android-Whatsapp. Since Android-Whatsapp has no problems with sending text, it doesn't restrict me too much and it has one other advantage: I need less traffic while sharing only links. So my Q10 will work fine some more years.
    Hi, any chance u can share the WhatsApp apk u have running and tell us how u got past the "looking for backup " screen ? Every version I've tried won't get past that screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 07:10 AM
    Hi, any chance u can share the WhatsApp apk u have running and tell us how u got past the "looking for backup " screen ? Every version I've tried won't get past that screen.

Posted via CB10
    I use my Q10 with Whatsapp-Android for every day use and I'm not going to change the setup for any analyses. I have another Q10 and I will try to install Whatsapp-Android there and write a "how to" in the next days.
    09-19-16 02:13 AM
    I have this .bar file too, WAA Fixer version 1.0.0.2.

I put it on my OneDrive public folder. This is the link.

Sorry if this kind os post is not allowed here....
    Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    mcmacerson likes this.
    10-07-16 10:26 AM
    Who is using WAA-Fixer right now and is able to send pictures every time?

I used it but with a very low success-rate. Most of the time pictures where not delivered...

I installed it after installing Android-Whatsapp... it could be, it's better to install WAA-Fixer first.

Any expiriences?
    10-11-16 09:59 AM
    Whatsapp (Android version) works perfectly for me on my Z10.
    I installed WAAFixer-1_0_0_2.bar after installing everything else.
    Whatsapp sends images every time now.
    See some of my notes here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...tsapp-1088035/
    Last edited by mcmacerson; 10-11-16 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fix typo
    10-11-16 11:33 AM
    ...that's good news!

The first days I had no problems with sending Media too. But after some time it stopped working all time and receivers got just some parts of a pictures or nothing at all.

Please use it some time and it would be nice to hear, if you could give a feedback some days later. Thank you!
    10-12-16 12:10 PM
    Are you using Whatsapp unpatched from the Google Play Store?
    Also, I think I read above that you're not actually using the WAAFixer.
    Is this still the case? I think you mention that it doesn't work on your Q10.
    Last edited by mcmacerson; 10-12-16 at 12:55 PM.
    10-12-16 12:33 PM
    I'm using the Android-Version of Whatsapp out of the Playstore. The first view weeks I used it in combination with Whatsapp-Fixer. But after I realized it did not work all time I uninstalled WA-Fixer. Now I use upload-Links or Whatsapp-Web via Opera-Browser for sending Media.
    No problem, but it could be a bit better.
    10-13-16 12:47 AM
    OK. It sounds like WAAFixer doesn't work for everyone. As posted earlier in this thread, CellNinja (the developer of WAAFixer) abandoned the project. Whatsapp (Android version) works great for me on my Z10 with the much needed help of WAAFixer. I predict that a lot of BB owners are going to become VERY interested in WAAFixer in 2017!
    Last edited by mcmacerson; 10-13-16 at 02:46 PM. Reason: New information
    10-13-16 06:13 AM
    OK. It sounds like WAAFixer doesn't work for everyone. Maybe we could put the word out asking that someone adopt the WAAFixer project? My understanding is that the developer abandoned the WAAFixer project. I'm not sure why. It works great on the Z10. I predict that a lot of BB owners are going to become VERY interested in WAAFixer in 2017!
    Why would people become interested in an app to help an app that will not be supported by its developer after the end of 2016?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-13-16 10:51 AM
    Because in my experience it's the only app (WAAFixer) that fixes the media upload problem with Whatsapp (Android version). I should have phrased it differently: A lot of BB owners will be forced to use the Android version of Whatsapp. There is a serious flaw (sending images or videos) that seems to only be fixed (for some people) by WAAFixer. Maybe there won't be much interest in WAAFixer especially because it's no longer under development, but mark my word, there will be thousands more posts, adding to the already growing number, complaining about the Whatsapp media upload problem when running the Android version on BB. There's got to be a developer out there that would be interested in adopting the WAAFixer project.
    10-13-16 11:05 AM
    Because in my experience it's the only app (WAAFixer) that fixes the media upload problem with Whatsapp (Android version). I should have phrased it differently: A lot of BB owners will be forced to use the Android version of Whatsapp. There is a serious flaw (sending images or videos) that seems to only be fixed (for some people) by WAAFixer. Maybe there won't be much interest in WAAFixer especially because it's no longer under development, but mark my word, there will be thousands more posts, adding to the already growing number, complaining about the Whatsapp media upload problem when running the Android version on BB. There's got to be a developer out there that would be interested in adopting the WAAFixer project.
    I see your point now. However, the developer of Whatsapp has stated that BlackBerry 10 and a number of other device manufacturers' devices will not be able to access the app after the end of December this year (the way I read the notice). So what's the point? Two and a half months before the plug is pulled and the patient dies.

10-13-16 01:23 PM
    That's correct. Whatsapp is to end support for a number of operating systems including Blackberry 10, Nokia Symbian S60 and Windows Phone 7.1. This is precisely why, if you want to be able to use Whatsapp on a BlackBerry 10 after Dec 2016, you'll need to use the Android version, which now works on BlackBerry 10 (thanks to people like Cobalt's guidance) and will continue to work on BlackBerry, albeit quite crippled without the help of WAAFixer or some other fix appearing that deals with the issue of not being able to send images or videos.
    10-13-16 01:48 PM
    I see your point now. However, the developer of Whatsapp has stated that BlackBerry 10 and a number of other device manufacturers' devices will not be able to access the app after the end of December this year (the way I read the notice). So what's the point? Two and a half months before the plug is pulled and the patient dies.

How you arrived at that conclusion is beyond me. WA won't support Android on BB10, ie you got a WA Fixer type problem then don't bother WA, thats different than blocking WA Android on BB10.

No Whatsapp Android Fixer (WAA Fixer) in Beta Zone??-wykpte4.png
    10-13-16 01:50 PM
92 1234