We should make a difference here:

Android-Version works not 100 percent but it works. And this version will work also in 2017! This version will not die at all. It will work as it works right now.

Only the right-management of the Android-Sandbox in blackberry 10 makes it a bit difficult to sent media. Sending text and using every other function except sending media works in the same way as it does with the OS10-Version of Whatsapp.

So it's possible to use the android version of Whatsapp also in 2017 when the OS10-Version is not supported anymore.

Many people here believe Whatsapp is dead on Blackberry in 2017 but this is not the case.

We can use the android version because it works already quite good. And it's possible to fix the 'Sending-Media' problem with changing the right managment of the sending folder of Whatsapp-Android like WAA-Fixer does it already - but it has limitations on my Q10, now let's see, if it's possible to make it work 100 percent.

I'm quite sure there will be someone, who is able to fix it and will do it.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 10-13-16 at 02:10 PM.
    10-13-16 01:58 PM
    Good point: Although Whatsapp (Android version) will continue to work on BB, it won't be supported.
    And yes, let's get Whatsapp (Android version) working perfectly on all OS10 BBs.
    10-13-16 01:58 PM
    ...I would say it's half-supported because OS10 has Android 4.3-Sandbox in it's System integrated. As long as Whatsapp Supports Android 4.3, it will work - like now - on Blackberry OS10 too. If this Android version is not supported in future, than Whatsapp definitly is dead on Blackberry.
    10-13-16 02:09 PM
    As strange as it seems, this problem is linked to the date and time on your BlackBerry phone.
    In order to solve the problem of pictures not sending from the Android version of the Whatsapp running on your BlackBerry 10 phone do the following -:
    Go to
    Settings - Date and Time - switch Auto Update Time Zone to off and toggle the Set Date and Time to automatically to Off.
    Your problem will be solved and you will be able to send pictures on the Android version running on your BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    mcmacerson likes this.
    10-13-16 09:41 PM
    ...okay thanks for your information about the timezone. I'll install WAA-Fixer again and try it out.
    10-14-16 12:58 AM
    Jenserm, try it first without WAAFixer. rawkerboi doesn't mention that WAAFixer is necessary. Maybe it's not.
    10-14-16 06:06 AM
    ...no, just changing the time and timezone settings will not work. I already tried it.
    10-14-16 06:11 AM
    How you arrived at that conclusion is beyond me. WA won't support Android on BB10, ie you got a WA Fixer type problem then don't bother WA, thats different than blocking WA Android on BB10.

Attachment 409971
    How you read that I said anything about support is beyond me.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    10-14-16 07:43 PM
    How you read that I said anything about support is beyond me.

So you still believe in relation to Android WA
    the developer of Whatsapp has stated that BlackBerry 10 and a number of other device manufacturers' devices will not be able to access the app after the end of December this year (the way I read the notice). So what's the point?
    you can't be serious.
    10-14-16 09:19 PM
    ...there are other manufacures like windows phone and so on including the whatsapp version of blackberry OS10 that loses support end of the year. Even Android with version 2.3 loses support. But Blackberry has - as I said and everybody usually knows - Android 4.3 sandbox so it will work as it works right now.

I just re-installed WAA-FIXER on my Q10 and it works a bit better if I change the time-settings as recommented. Sometimes sending process stops and the receiver gets Only 2/3 of the picture. Anyway thank you for this information!

So I can send pictures but still no video. Video will be send over Opera with whatsapp-web, thats a bit slow on Q10 but it works too for every media!
    Some pictures in specific android folder will not be send at all. If you copy them to a usual OS10 folder, than it's possible to send them.

Still no reason why I should not use Android Whatsapp as solution for not buing a new phone in 2017.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 10-15-16 at 08:24 AM.
    10-15-16 07:48 AM
    Jenserm, glad to hear WAAFixer is working a bit better for you on your Q10. Interesting that the time settings helped.
    10-15-16 07:53 AM
    So you still believe in relation to Android WA

* I don't believe in Android period.

you can't be serious.
    I certainly am serious. What part do you not understand?

10-15-16 10:08 AM
    I certainly am serious. What part do you not understand?

I have a question in Relation to your opinion: I don't understand why Whatsapp-Android should not work in 2017 too. Android 4.3 is still supported and it works already with the known limitations on OS10. So what - in your opinion - will change in 2017 with this Android version on OS10?
    10-15-16 11:02 AM
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I've send WAA Fixer code to another developer, as I was concerned the first one who took on the project would not finish the app in time before WhatsApp ends support for their BlackBerry 10 app. The other developer is one of the most active developer lately, bringing a lot of new apps in the past year or so : HugSoft.

You can see his other apps here if you want to support his work :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/93915

Please note that the developer can decide if he wants to publish the app as a paid app or a free app, I don't know what he will decide to do. Also note that it's very unlikely that WAA Fixer will return to Beta Zone as Beta Zone is broken for the past two months and BlackBerry ain't fixing sh*t anymore.

I also let HugSoft know about the timezone thing, he'll be able to investigate if it's a proper solution or not, or at least maybe just let his users know that it might help them getting the app to work more reliably.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 09:02 AM
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I've send WAA Fixer code to another developer, as I was concerned the first one who took on the project would not finish the app in time before WhatsApp ends support for their BlackBerry 10 app. The other developer is one of the most active developer lately, bringing a lot of new apps in the past year or so : HugSoft.

Please note that the developer can decide if he wants to publish the app as a paid app or a free app, I don't know what he will decide to do. Also note that it's very unlikely that WAA Fixer will return to Beta Zone as Beta Zone is broken for the past two months and BlackBerry ain't fixing sh*t anymore.

I also let HugSoft know about the timezone thing, he'll be able to investigate if it's a proper solution or not, or at least maybe just let his users know that it might help them getting the app to work more reliably.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much!
    I know you feel that we're sending the wrong message to Whatsapp by using Android-Whatsapp (that Whatsapp made the right decision to end support for BB10). But I think Android-Whatsapp and your WAA Fixer is actually helping to keep BB alive.

Thank you again for creating WAA Fixer and for handing it off to someone who will maintain it. Very much appreciated.
    Last edited by mcmacerson; 10-16-16 at 06:49 PM.
    Jenserm likes this.
    10-16-16 09:11 AM
    Hello all, just as Roger LeBlanc said about the WAAFixer to be given to myself and now HugSoft, i have been able to upload a version of the WAA Fixer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...TliMWp3RkFrNUU

Please send your reviews here, so changes/improvements can be made.

Thank you all.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    10-16-16 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think if people are holding on to BlackBerry 10 for dear life, they should be willing to pay for it.

Hello all, just as Roger LeBlanc said about the WAAFixer to be given to myself and now HugSoft, i have been able to upload a version of the WAA Fixer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...TliMWp3RkFrNUU

Please send your reviews here, so changes/improvements can be made.

Thank you all.
    Thank you for your continued support...

PS: let me know if you think it is beneficial to have your own thread for beta testing waa fixer before it goes live?
    10-16-16 08:11 PM
    I think if people are holding on to BlackBerry 10 for dear life, they should be willing to pay for it.

Thank you for your continued support...

PS: let me know if you think it is beneficial to have your own thread for beta testing waa fixer before it goes live?
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...1hhT3I0T3ptMDg

This is the modified version.
    Also, a new thread will allow users to comment on the beta version.
    10-17-16 05:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    How does that fix exactly work. Can it be achieved with an android app (that of course would have to be written)?
    10-17-16 08:54 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/ new thread, please carry on discussing ...
    jendorskiLabs likes this.
    10-17-16 09:21 AM
    I have a question in Relation to your opinion: I don't understand why Whatsapp-Android should not work in 2017 too. Android 4.3 is still supported and it works already with the known limitations on OS10. So what - in your opinion - will change in 2017 with this Android version on OS10?
    I believe that when the developer put out the notice that the end of the year would see the end of WA on BB10 and other devices that they have the ability to 'turn off' whatever platforms access that they deem unworthy of continued support on their end.

10-17-16 02:36 PM
    I believe that when the developer put out the notice that the end of the year would see the end of WA on BB10 and other devices that they have the ability to 'turn off' whatever platforms access that they deem unworthy of continued support on their end.

...yes, but the target of Whatsapp is not to lose as much customers as possible. The target is only saving development costs.
    That's why, it's just your opinion and will never happen.
    anon(5597702) and mcmacerson like this.
    10-17-16 04:58 PM
    Right now it probably will work for awhile. The future is uncertain, Whatsapp has said major changes are coming in 2017. One reason to EOL so many platforms is to make the change easier for the company. From what I understand they are going to be adding a lot of security including encryption. The big question will be what is the minimum version of android they plan on supporting after these changes. Android 4.3 is really old.
    10-17-16 05:34 PM
    ...Whatsapp has already encryption. And for the new functions in 2017 they dropped Andoid Version 2.3 which is not supported in 2017. You are right - Version 4.3 is quite old too but it's clear for me that it is for now still supported because there are still many smartphones with this version in use and whatsapp would lose to many customers.

But yes - there will be a time, when version 4.3. will lose support as well
    anon(5597702) and mcmacerson like this.
    10-18-16 12:33 AM
    ...Whatsapp has already encryption. And for the new functions in 2017 they dropped Andoid Version 2.3 which is not supported in 2017. You are right - Version 4.3 is quite old too but it's clear for me that it is for now still supported because there are still many smartphones with this version in use and whatsapp would lose to many customers.

But yes - there will be a time, when version 4.3. will lose support as well
    4.3 will be supported until at which time Whatapp requires functions like 'tap to pay' that need 4.4. Even then WA could put out a basic version of the app like Facebook does for Messenger for just chat functions. WA hasn't outlined their future plans, but chat apps are getting more complex all the time with things like chat bots so I agree at some point WA Android won't work on BB10, but I think thats at least a year away.

Read this article on WeChat and how it dominates China with its messaging-app-that-does-all. Thats the model I predict WA and Facebook will use for their respective markets.
    10-18-16 09:40 PM
92 1234