As the title says, there isn't WAA Fixer in Beta Zone anymore! I downloaded my own copy and I was letting my friends with BlackBerries know there was still hope for their Whatsapp with this fixer. I told them they could download their own copies to augment their Android Whatsapp versions but it's no longer available! I just checked as of 2:20 AM 8/18/16 (I know I don't sleep) and it's gone.

Is it going to come back, or is it still there for some others? Is it discontinued or is there any news about its disappearance? Please help me to know. Thank you.
    mcmacerson likes this.
    08-18-16 01:22 AM
    I see, somewere in Beta zone discussions (discussion about whatsapp) that the developer dislike his own app.
    And he'll remove it from Beta Zone and BB World.. Really bad...

I'll search for an bar file (or apk file), if I have to secure reset my Z10....
    08-18-16 05:04 AM
    Hey guys I would post about it right now: no more WAA Fixer in Beta Zone.

Anybody still have the APK file to share?

PS: Hey gurx, weird to talk with you in English, man! God save globalization, rs.

Cheers,
    08-18-16 01:03 PM
    I see, somewere in Beta zone discussions (discussion about whatsapp) that the developer dislike his own app.

Really bad... I follow in case someone will manage to find a solution
    08-18-16 01:04 PM

Oh no! Just as I feared. I hope this means he would put a better version later on. I just downloaded it on my phone for safekeeping in the nick of time before he removed it. Thanks for your answer.
    08-18-16 03:38 PM
    can someone post it here please? or send it me as pm? thanks
    08-19-16 05:59 AM
    Hey, I don't have the file uploaded to a cloud server (nor do I really use them much). I downloaded the file to my device for safekeeping. PM me your email address and I can send it to you that way, if you wish. Cheers!

*Edit: it's a .bar file so you will need to sideload it from your computer.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-19-16 06:41 AM
    Hey, I don't have the file uploaded to a cloud server (nor do I really use them much). I downloaded the file to my device for safekeeping. PM me your email address and I can send it to you that way, if you wish. Cheers!

Pls. send it to my mail: [email protected]
    Thank you.

NB: would you pls. guide me on how to send PM to any member in this forum. I do not see the option to send PM to you when I visited your profile.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 08:48 AM
    Thank you.

NB: would you pls. guide me on how to send PM to any member in this forum. I do not see the option to send PM to you when I visited your profile.

Posted via CB10
    You're using CB10, it doesn't have PM support; use the website or the Android CrackBerry forums app

Posted via CB10
    bukarmada likes this.
    08-19-16 08:57 AM
    You're using CB10, it doesn't have PM support; use the website or the Android CrackBerry forums app

Posted via CB10
    Noted.
    Thaks.
    08-19-16 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    sorry Paul, what is that, than?

No Whatsapp Android Fixer (WAA Fixer) in Beta Zone??-pm.png

I just wrote a PM to the user that offered to send the sw via email ...

KR,

Nelik
    08-19-16 10:04 AM
    ok got it, actually I did it through the website , sorry
    bukarmada likes this.
    08-19-16 10:05 AM
    ok got it, actually I did it through the website , sorry
    Haha, don't worry I jump at stuff all the time
    the_nelik likes this.
    08-19-16 11:02 AM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Just sent!
    08-19-16 12:14 PM
    I have this .bar file too, WAA Fixer version 1.0.0.2.

I put it on my OneDrive public folder. This is the link.

Sorry if this kind os post is not allowed here....
    08-19-16 01:05 PM

Downloaded, thank you very much

Nelik
    08-19-16 02:56 PM

Thanks guys for having our backs! I had downloaded it to my phone but I don't know how to get the file and put it up for share.

I have a question. My friend doesn't have a working computer to sideload. Is there any way I can just send the file to him and it works out the box? Can I convert the file somehow from my end so he doesn't have to sideload it?
    08-19-16 05:48 PM
    Question bump?
    08-20-16 12:26 PM

Does this mean you know how to extract .bar files from a device? Or did you acquire it from the developer?

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-20-16 02:45 PM
    Does this mean you know how to extract .bar files from a device? Or did you acquire it from the developer?

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    I would like to know that too, in addition to my previous questions.
    08-20-16 04:38 PM
    Better can someone contact the developer to have him place the source code up for others to continue his work?

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    08-21-16 10:25 AM
    I reached out to him for comment about the app. I hope he responds so I can also ask him this too.
    08-22-16 12:40 AM
    Hi all, just discovered this thread.

I'm CellNinja, the developer of WAA Fixer. As someone here posted, I disliked the app from the beginning and felt I should have never done it in the first place, I personally think it's a bad idea to switch to WA Android right now while the BlackBerry 10 version is still working and is one of the best app on BlackBerry World. By providing WAA Fixer, people were abandoning the BlackBerry 10 version even more, sending the message to WhatsApp that they took a good decision by announcing end of support for BlackBerry 10, do you see how BlackBerry 10 is dying, the BlackBerry 10 app is not used anymore.

I don't want to start a discussion on that topic, that's my feeling about it and I couldn't stand being one of the reason for that new migration to WA Android. Also, the fact I don't use WhatsApp myself and only had one contact on my dummy account wasn't very helpful for testing the app as it needs to be tested when developing it.

That being said, what will happen with WAA Fixer?

I know some BlackBerry 10 users really want this app, so I asked to a group of developer I know if someone was interested in continuing the app. Someone reached out to me and took the project over, I just sent him the whole code yesterday. I don't know much about this developer, don't know his vendor account or what app he has developed. His company is called Jendorski Labs, a Google search will point you to his GitHub, but WAA Fixer doesn't seem to be there.

I don't know if Jendorski Labs plan to release the app in BlackBerry World or Beta Zone, if they will post it for free or as a paid app, if they'll be actively developing it or not, that's up to them.

I won't share the bar file myself but I don't care if I see the bar file being shared on CB by others, I just don't want to be linked to that app anymore. By the way, someone asked how some guy was able to get the bar file, the bar file was originally posted in WAA Fixer Beta Zone discussion thread, but that thread is now closed since the app was removed from Beta Zone.

Good luck with your preferred WhatsApp app, I'm out.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 10:24 PM
    Hi all, just discovered this thread.

I'm CellNinja, the developer of WAA Fixer. As someone here posted, I disliked the app from the beginning and felt I should have never done it in the first place, I personally think it's a bad idea to switch to WA Android right now while the BlackBerry 10 version is still working and is one of the best app on BlackBerry World. By providing WAA Fixer, people were abandoning the BlackBerry 10 version even more, sending the message to WhatsApp that they took a good decision by announcing end of support for BlackBerry 10, do you see how BlackBerry 10 is dying, the BlackBerry 10 app is not used anymore.

I don't want to start a discussion on that topic, that's my feeling about it and I couldn't stand being one of the reason for that new migration to WA Android. Also, the fact I don't use WhatsApp myself and only had one contact on my dummy account wasn't very helpful for testing the app as it needs to be tested when developing it.

That being said, what will happen with WAA Fixer?

I know some BlackBerry 10 users really want this app, so I asked to a group of developer I know if someone was interested in continuing the app. Someone reached out to me and took the project over, I just sent him the whole code yesterday. I don't know much about this developer, don't know his vendor account or what app he has developed. His company is called Jendorski Labs, a Google search will point you to his GitHub, but WAA Fixer doesn't seem to be there.

I don't know if Jendorski Labs plan to release the app in BlackBerry World or Beta Zone, if they will post it for free or as a paid app, if they'll be actively developing it or not, that's up to them.

I won't share the bar file myself but I don't care if I see the bar file being shared on CB by others, I just don't want to be linked to that app anymore. By the way, someone asked how some guy was able to get the bar file, the bar file was originally posted in WAA Fixer Beta Zone discussion thread, but that thread is now closed since the app was removed from Beta Zone.

Good luck with your preferred WhatsApp app, I'm out.

Posted via CB10
    Finally...! There's a good man on earth.. not just thinking about profit, just use his heart to feels.. as a BlackBerry lover *not just a user*... FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.. I salute you..!! Let this OS continue to live...

No Whatsapp Android Fixer (WAA Fixer) in Beta Zone??-320657_2146497594517_2052373392_n-1-.jpg

Posted from my Q10 w/ CB10
    Jake2826 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-23-16 01:07 AM
    Hi,

even considering that I don't want to start a discussion about your choice, I have to say that doing that, in my opinion, you will obtain the exact opposite result, i.e. having even more people abandoning BB.

Since WA is a de-facto standard for messaging and considering that WA has officially announced that they'll abandon its development on BBOS, those two elements are getting more and more people leaving BB, moving on other OSs.

The only chance to keep people in the BB boat, is to give them an alternative, a solution, a hope ... like WAA Fixer.

Now that also that one is gone ... many people will think that there are no other reasons to keep on struggling with a BB smartphone
    08-23-16 05:38 AM
92 123 ...