We use a few different software where emails we send are piped into. This software looks for the different mime parts and parses the plain text version. Things like Thunderbird generally send both HTML and PLAIN versions of each message.

Does BlackBerry not do this? I inspected a sent message on my server and saw only an HTML version. Is there any way to send plain text messages? Either exclusively, or in multipart way?

Thanks.
    08-02-13 08:03 AM
    i dont think you can do plain text anymore on BB10. Someone hopefully has a more confident answer than me though!
    08-02-13 12:00 PM
    Wow. This is basically making my BlackBerry useless with our management system as all the HTML shows up and makes the message unreadable.

Sending plain text or multipart messages is one of the fundamental functions of a mail client. This is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:46 PM
    This is one of the few disappointments with my Q10. I subscribe to a group mailing list/digest that supports plain text only. Thus, if I want to answer a forum member's question or post a quick comment, I have to wait until I'm back at my desk and do so using Thunderbird. It would be nice if I could do this from my smart phone, because that's basically why I carry one.

The other (and as yet unresolved) issue is that I routinely lose the connection to my mail server. When this happens, I have to first go into System Settings + Network Connections, and turn off my wi-fi connection as the outgoing server associated with my internet service (Bell Aliant) is not the same as that of my cellular provider (Telus). Then go into Accounts, select my e-mail account, re-enter my account password which was stripped away for some unknown reason, save the changes, then go back into my wi-fi settings, turn this service back on, select the appropriate network from the list of available choices, wait until it re-connects, exit, and then go back to what I was originally doing. When you do this two, three or more times a day, it starts to wear a little thin.
    08-04-13 04:00 PM