So I've been looking through various demo videos, and one thing struck me as a touch disappointing: I saw absolutely no mention nor hint that there is an option for reminders in BlackBerry Remember. I currently use reminders in the Tasks app on my 9810 all the time, they're a very important feature to help keep me organized. So, are there really no reminders in Remember or am I just mistaken? And if there are no reminders, is there an app alternative on BlackBerry World?
    02-01-13 10:36 AM
    Put them in the calendar?
    02-01-13 10:40 AM
    Put them in the calendar?
    I suppose that's a possibility if worst comes to worst, but I prefer to have a "To-Do" list of sorts like I have in Tasks right now, and like Remember offers.
    02-01-13 10:42 AM
    I would assume they would add a Tasks-like feature like on current BlackBerry's. Would be surprised if they didn't.
    02-01-13 11:33 AM
    I would assume they would add a Tasks-like feature like on current BlackBerry's. Would be surprised if they didn't.
    From what I've gathered, Remember is supposed to be the alternative to Tasks on BlackBerry 10. My issue is with the lack of reminders in the app. I could be wrong however, as I don't have the Z10 in my hands yet, but I can't find any mention of reminders anywhere.
    02-01-13 11:36 AM
    From what I've gathered, Remember is supposed to be the alternative to Tasks on BlackBerry 10. My issue is with the lack of reminders in the app. I could be wrong however, as I don't have the Z10 in my hands yet, but I can't find any mention of reminders anywhere.
    Currently you can add a reminder/task (at least on BB7) directly from the calendar app (not a calendar event). So maybe they just moved all the reminder/tasks features to the calendar and the Remember app is more of a to-do/note taking app since it's integrated with Evernote.
    02-01-13 11:46 AM
    Currently you can add a reminder/task (at least on BB7) directly from the calendar app (not a calendar event). So maybe they just moved all the reminder/tasks features to the calendar and the Remember app is more of a to-do/note taking app since it's integrated with Evernote.
    Oh I see what you mean, I forgot about the ability to add tasks through the Calendar. I'll have to look into that. Maybe someone with a Z10 here can look for it?
    02-01-13 11:52 AM
    Ok I rewatch the part on the BB 10 event showing the Remember app...they mention Outlook, Evernote, notes, and tasks are integrated. Also bookmarks, voice memos, and other things.

So it's a lot better than I expected.
    02-01-13 12:05 PM
    Ok I rewatch the part on the BB 10 event showing the Remember app...they mention Outlook, Evernote, notes, and tasks are integrated. Also bookmarks, voice memos, and other things.

So it's a lot better than I expected.
    It's a very powerful app, no doubt, but missing a key function that I find very important. In any case, I doubt the Z10 is going to disappoint me overall, I'm just looking for workarounds for this particular issue. Can't find any mention of tasks in the Calendar app so far.
    02-01-13 12:30 PM
    It's a very powerful app, no doubt, but missing a key function that I find very important. In any case, I doubt the Z10 is going to disappoint me overall, I'm just looking for workarounds for this particular issue. Can't find any mention of tasks in the Calendar app so far.
    But I just mentioned the Remember app on BB10 does include a task/reminder feature.
    02-01-13 12:34 PM
    But I just mentioned the Remember app on BB10 does include a task/reminder feature.
    I saw tasks, but nothing about reminders for those tasks. Where did you find mention of reminders in the Remember app?
    02-01-13 12:41 PM
    I saw tasks, but nothing about reminders for those tasks. Where did you find mention of reminders in the Remember app?
    The term task and reminders are interchangeable. For example, Apple calls it reminders, BB calls it tasks. Tasks has reminders built in, like on current BlackBerry's.
    02-01-13 12:56 PM
    The term task and reminders are interchangeable. For example, Apple calls it reminders, BB calls it tasks. Tasks has reminders built in, like on current BlackBerry's.
    By reminders I mean specifically an audible/LED/toast notification. During the demos I've seen, I haven't see any option to add reminders to any tasks being added in Remember.
    02-01-13 01:01 PM
    By reminders I mean specifically an audible/LED/toast notification. During the demos I've seen, I haven't see any option to add reminders to any tasks being added in Remember.

The current tasks on BB 7 does, I'm assuming it would be the case with BB 10.
    02-01-13 01:12 PM
    It does have a reminder option. It works like Google Tasks, your due date is your reminder.
    02-01-13 02:09 PM
    It does have a reminder option. It works like Google Tasks, your due date is your reminder.
    The due date being the reminder seems a little redundant - the task already needs to be done by then. I use my reminders to ensure I remember to finish things before they are due. Guess I'll have to seek out a third-party solution, or just (rather annoyingly) set the due dates early.
    02-01-13 02:20 PM
    Yes, I know how you feel. When I switched to Android last year (which by the way has NO native task management app), I had to get used to having the due date be the reminder. That's because Google Tasks doesn't even have reminders, so the only way third party apps can have an alarm set is when the task is due. There are others that have more than one alarm and such, but they don't sync with Google Tasks. I imagine that would be the same with BB10 and Blackberry Protect.
    02-01-13 02:27 PM
    I now have my Z10 and have been getting used to it over the last couple of days. While the Remember app's integration with Evernote is useful, it isn't as fully realised as I would have liked and the task management is missing the ability to set a reminder for it in advance of the due date. For me, this is a huge disappointment as it not only makes coordination of tasks a major chore, but it drops existing functionality from OS 7 and earlier. Hoping that this will be resolved in the purported OS 10.1 update, but I'll now have to source a 3rd party app to work around this situation.
    02-03-13 06:56 AM
    I now have my Z10 and have been getting used to it over the last couple of days. While the Remember app's integration with Evernote is useful, it isn't as fully realised as I would have liked and the task management is missing the ability to set a reminder for it in advance of the due date. For me, this is a huge disappointment as it not only makes coordination of tasks a major chore, but it drops existing functionality from OS 7 and earlier. Hoping that this will be resolved in the purported OS 10.1 update, but I'll now have to source a 3rd party app to work around this situation.
    Is there an option to add a Task reminder directly from the calendar app?

If not, seems like a major oversight almost as if they forgot to add it. I wonder who's the best contact at BB about this kind of stuff?
    02-03-13 07:08 AM
    Is there an option to add a Task reminder directly from the calendar app?

If not, seems like a major oversight almost as if they forgot to add it. I wonder who's the best contact at BB about this kind of stuff?
    I've been sifting through more reviews, demo videos, and even the User Guide. Absolutely no mention of adding a task in the Calendar, there appears to be only one button to add anything at all, and that of course adds an event. Definitely an oversight, here's hoping we see it in an OS update in the near future.
    02-03-13 11:44 AM
    If you switch from Folders to Entries view, you should be able to see all the listed tasks sorted by due date and divided in three sections; due "Today", due "Tomorrow" and "Later". Checking off that list should help you keep organized.
    02-04-13 08:09 PM
    Hmmm, so I guess no recurring tasks either? I live by these to keep myself organized (because I'm anal that way)!
    02-04-13 09:59 PM
    Sooo, no reminders in entries into Blackberry Remember (checked on my Z10)... kind of disappointing as I used that functionality a lot on my Bold 9900. I don't like seeing small reminders in my calendar so I liked having them in the Notifications app.
    02-06-13 06:20 PM
    Hmmm, so I guess no recurring tasks either? I live by these to keep myself organized (because I'm anal that way)!
    Nope, no recurring tasks either. Now that I have my own Z10, I can confirm: BlackBerry Remember is better in quite a few ways (easy to use, plenty of integration), but it does unfortunately lack a lot of core functionality. No reminders, no recurring tasks. There is no way to post tasks in the Calendar, but events added to the Calendar can have reminders, notes, and recurrence, so if you don't mind putting down your tasks as events, that can be used as a workaround. It's not such a bad idea per se in fact, seeing as your next task will appear on the unlock screen this way.

And I have tried sifting through BlackBerry World for a third-party substitute, but absolutely nothing has come up that was worth using for me. Nothing with any reminders, and most of the apps were actually quite low-quality (though a select few were good, and I think at least one had recurring tasks, if you don't need reminders you might want to look around).
    02-06-13 06:25 PM
    can you export your calendar to remember... or import remember to calendar?
    02-06-13 06:44 PM
29 12