Not this again. Are you sure its THIS February not 2016?
    February for sure! Date is unknown.
    01-26-15 02:46 PM
    We will find out in 24 hrs or so if 10.3.1 is launching tomorrow or not

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:02 PM
    It isn't. So keep waiting.
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-26-15 05:00 PM
    People are gonna do what they wanna do man. Chill. I been telling people to avoid leaks for years because of the issues with some of them and I'm pretty sure not a single person has listened ever. They're the same people who come back posting 'why doesn't this work?', 'how come this is broke?' etc etc. I believe you yourself have run into the same thing lol.
    I install leaks quite a bit. I know the dangers and that they're not all daily drivers but I'd hardly consider myself one of the "why doesn't this work?" people. I expect things not to work properly. I'll post my issues in the proper threads in case some one else has the issue but I know the deal with leaks and I think a lot of others do as well.
    But yes, the people who jump in a cry when things don't work are very annoying. Read read read!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:07 PM
    Nominated for silliest thread ever. When has an official OS been perfect? Never. There are more variables then could ever be tested and inevitably something falls through. Could be a spelling error or grammar like in the current official FB app, or an odd confluence of 3rd party apps, BES setup and installed official OS that cause the camera to crash while at 100% zoom in landscape. Anyone who thinks for a split second that a carrier released OS is somehow intrinsically better than any leak has either not read these forums or has a learning block.
    Uzi, kbz1960 and Legal Eagle like this.
    01-27-15 06:34 AM
    Many times, leaks are actually stable than the official.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:55 AM
    The OP was a newbie and dove right into the leaks without reading much first and unsurprisingly, encountered a number of issues.

I think he's just warning others not to get involved with leaks thinking his issues had less to do with his own troubles and more to do with the leaks themselves.

That said, his advice is probably not bad for anyone new, or anyone less technical, or anyone with little tolerance for hiccups.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-27-15 08:13 AM
    The OP was a newbie and dove right into the leaks without reading much first and unsurprisingly, encountered a number of issues.

I think he's just warning others not to get involved with leaks thinking his issues had less to do with his own troubles and more to do with the leaks themselves.

That said, his advice is probably not bad for anyone new, or anyone less technical, or anyone with little tolerance for hiccups.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Like I said. Helpin someone out. But people will do whatever they want

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 10:26 AM
    I have made it official for myself by installing the leaked os 2072...

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-27-15 11:21 AM
    Too late... I've just done so on my Classic.

From experience, I've come to realise that the leaks are often more newer than the one pushed by the carriers.

Also, I was fed up with the bugs found in my Classic running the original OF (1154 I think).

Posted via CB10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2072)
    01-27-15 11:29 AM
    As long as you have everything in the cloud (contacts, calendar, email), have your media on an sd card, and sync your remember with Evernote, there's no risk.

If you don't like the new leak, then just run your autoloader of choice.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I do this and in fact it's the most practical way. The only extra I wish could exist is to backup individual app data for both native and android apps, that way you can avoid the initial personalization or start native game progress from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 03:48 PM
    I do this and in fact it's the most practical way. The only extra I wish could exist is to backup individual app data for both native and android apps, that way you can avoid the initial personalization or start native game progress from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It would be nice to be able to do this without firing up Link.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-27-15 04:04 PM
    Yes, but there are limitations depending on the hardware configuration. It is called "unlocking" the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not asking about unlocking the phone so I can use another carrier's SIM card. I'm asking about getting my IMEI to no longer be associated with my original carrier so when check for new software via the handset, it looks for the latest software that blackberry has officially released rather than the software that my original carrier supports. The reason I want this is my original carrier was T-Mobile in the US - they no longer provide software updates for blackberry phones so my phone will never find new updates (nor will blackberry link since it also only looks for the latest version T-Mobile has made available)
    01-28-15 03:09 AM
163 ... 567