People are gonna do what they wanna do man. Chill. I been telling people to avoid leaks for years because of the issues with some of them and I'm pretty sure not a single person has listened ever. They're the same people who come back posting 'why doesn't this work?', 'how come this is broke?' etc etc. I believe you yourself have run into the same thing lol.
    I listened

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    01-24-15 02:25 PM
    Actually I have had issues with Sachesi non-destructive updates in this regard as well, requiring a security wipe without a restore to correct - again mainly involving leaks.

I think it's as simple as BlackBerry never intended people to use leaks, regardless of the methods used. I think that's pretty obvious, but it seems so many out there don't quite understand that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    True about leaks, although every official OS started out life as a leak to someone. But the argument for trying a nondestructive load first is that you lose nothing. If it works fine, you're golden without all the hassle, and if not, you do the wipe or re-autoload.
    01-24-15 02:39 PM
    If it's for 10 days & your device works fine then no need.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 02:56 PM
    By "clean install," do you mean that you also don't restore? And if not, why back up? Or do you restore selectively, and if so, what do you restore?
    I only restore data that I've entered and need on my phone, such as contacts and calendar events. Other things, such as pictures, music, and downloads are moved to a card or to a cloud service. Tasks, notes, etc. are stored in Evernote.

I don't use link, but use third party apps for my backups.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 04:43 PM
    Leaks made me love BlackBerry, I started on smartphone world late 2010 with a used Torch 9800. Learned to use BlackBerry desktop manager due to its constant boot loop after installing APPS. After doing it so many times I felt that I have become and expert on fixing it, then I discovered Crackberry and learned a lot of tricks for my BlackBerry and got me hooked up on testing things on my phone. Then came BB10 and after reading a lot of info I installed my first leak on my Z10 and everything changed for me, I have installed all that has came out and loved each one of them. Some with more or less bugs but still usable as daily drivers. As every leak comes out and is installed more confident I am of my ability to fix any error, it has become my passion and my hobby. I have bought Android phones just to install custom ROM, WP to test developers OS. I have jailbreak IPhones my son drop to buy the newest Iphone that comes out every 2 years. (yes I have being cursed with an ISheep in my house). Of all that I have learned I can tell you one thing, I am sure no other OS is half the fun BlackBerry is, and as long as BlackBerry still makes phones I will buy them and install every leak that is available because of the way it makes me feel and the way it makes me read more and learn more of this wonderful world of mobile platforms. Thanks to all of you at Crackberry who have the time and the passion to teach us new tricks every day.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.1949
    rayporsche and extisis like this.
    01-24-15 08:15 PM
    It is nice to have official one, but leak always have something else like, after official one... there's a new item in leak that me or others wait to try even me know leak not guarantee anything but leak offer fun to try to me..... keep leak move forward .
    Love leak and make having BlackBerry not just buy the smart phone but experience with communities.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:41 PM
    Always have a new point installing new leaks bro

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 09:23 PM
    As long as you have everything in the cloud (contacts, calendar, email), have your media on an sd card, and sync your remember with Evernote, there's no risk.

If you don't like the new leak, then just run your autoloader of choice.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    How do you sync remember with evernote?

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072
    01-25-15 12:00 PM
    How do you sync remember with evernote?

Z30 on 10.3.1.2072
    Just make sure all of your folders in Remember are Evernote folders when you create them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    James Blight likes this.
    01-25-15 12:16 PM
    there was never a point to it. people have experienced the same if not different (or MORE) issues with officially released OS's. this argument has no winner.
    01-25-15 03:43 PM
    Leaks made me love BlackBerry, I started on smartphone world late 2010 with a used Torch 9800. Learned to use BlackBerry desktop manager due to its constant boot loop after installing APPS. After doing it so many times I felt that I have become and expert on fixing it, then I discovered Crackberry and learned a lot of tricks for my BlackBerry and got me hooked up on testing things on my phone. Then came BB10 and after reading a lot of info I installed my first leak on my Z10 and everything changed for me, I have installed all that has came out and loved each one of them. Some with more or less bugs but still usable as daily drivers. As every leak comes out and is installed more confident I am of my ability to fix any error, it has become my passion and my hobby. I have bought Android phones just to install custom ROM, WP to test developers OS. I have jailbreak IPhones my son drop to buy the newest Iphone that comes out every 2 years. (yes I have being cursed with an ISheep in my house). Of all that I have learned I can tell you one thing, I am sure no other OS is half the fun BlackBerry is, and as long as BlackBerry still makes phones I will buy them and install every leak that is available because of the way it makes me feel and the way it makes me read more and learn more of this wonderful world of mobile platforms. Thanks to all of you at Crackberry who have the time and the passion to teach us new tricks every day.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.1949
    i started like you (with the same 9800) and i'm with ya. 10.3.1 (leak) was definitely a nice holiday gift as i'm still finding out more new things with this OS. I love it and can't wait to see what comes next.
    01-25-15 03:46 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a handset bought from a carrier to be "detached" from that carrier so it can get software updates as if it was bought directly from blackberry?
    01-25-15 05:16 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a handset bought from a carrier to be "detached" from that carrier so it can get software updates as if it was bought directly from blackberry?
    Yes, but there are limitations depending on the hardware configuration. It is called "unlocking" the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:43 PM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    Update; Oops, BB10.3.0.908 was the Software Release, the actual OS Version is.... drum roll.... BB10.3.0.1418, gotta love sachesi, time to head over to sachesi website to contribute, heck of an App!

Because we can! Boo-Ya, haven't been on BB for over two years and last OS that I loaded from the wild was on a Torch OS7.

I downloaded sachesi and installed it, then hooked up my Z30 STA100-5 running on 10.2 to USB, booted up sachesi, sachesi automatically determined the phone OS and files, then with one click it found and downloaded the new files to my phone, Yep, just that easy, Got my Z30 Friday and now I'm rock'n BB10.3.0.908!!!

We do it because we can! Yeah baby!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 01-26-15 at 02:23 PM.
    01-25-15 09:36 PM
    Yes, but there are limitations depending on the hardware configuration. It is called "unlocking" the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Unlocking a device has nothing to do with getting updates straight from blackberry.

Only possible way is to buy straight from blackberry and then it would be questionable

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    01-25-15 10:39 PM
    Because we can! Boo-Ya, haven't been on BB for over two years and last OS that I loaded from the wild was on a Torch OS7.

I downloaded sachesi and installed it, then hooked up my Z30 STA100-5 running on 10.2 to USB, booted up sachesi, sachesi automatically determined the phone OS and files, then with one click it found and downloaded the new files to my phone, Yep, just that easy, Got my Z30 Friday and now I'm rock'n BB10.3.0.908!!!

You are waaay behind. 10.3.1 is much better than 10.3.0 you installed!!

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    extisis, Paul86 and anon(55900) like this.
    01-25-15 10:40 PM

You can install 10.3.1.1154 for Classic/Z30 via Sachesi. Try codes 302/720 for Rogers , Canada. That OS was alright. Probably runs better than any 10.3.0.xxxx

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-25-15 11:16 PM
    You are waaay behind. 10.3.1 is much better than 10.3.0 you installed!!

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    LOL, I'm happy now! Now I can patiently wait for the OTA.
    MrDoreth likes this.
    01-26-15 05:24 AM
    You can install 10.3.1.1154 for Classic/Z30 via Sachesi. Try codes 302/720 for Rogers , Canada. That OS was alright. Probably runs better than any 10.3.0.xxxx

Posted via CB10
    Oh stop it, LOL, stop teasing me, Oh shoot, I might try that tonight, darn trouble makers you people are, I do like to tinker....
    MrDoreth likes this.
    01-26-15 05:26 AM
    Unlocking a device has nothing to do with getting updates straight from blackberry.

Only possible way is to buy straight from blackberry and then it would be questionable

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    I know my Z30 (purchased from BlackBerry) will get updates without a carrier's involvement. The only way I can get updates on this phone is through BlackBerry, or by installing a leak, since the phone is not supported by my carrier.

I don't remember the process I went through on my T-Mobile branded Z10 (unlocked), but I seem to remember updating it without carrier involvement (I'm on AT&T). It's been close to a year since I updated that phone, so I'd have to try it again, to be sure.

Posted via CB10
    delroyj likes this.
    01-26-15 05:38 AM
    My carrier will probably NOT be rolling out the 10.3.1.
    So that's why I choose to install leaks.
    None of the 10.3.1 OSes work with VZW radio so I doubt they will be releasing to us.
    Some rumours say this one won't be carrier dependant

Check Out TechCraze
    01-26-15 05:56 AM
    So here we are @27th January, Lets See if it officially is Rolled out.......

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:30 PM
    So here we are @27th January, Lets See if it officially is Rolled out.......

Posted via CB10
    Lol still some hours away for some folk

Check Out TechCraze
    01-26-15 12:40 PM
    Waterloo is eastern time. Currently 2 pm Jan 26 :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:47 PM
    Bad news: There will be no official rollout on the 27th.

Good news: My predictions are always wrong. (See old posts.)

If nothing happens tomorrow, when it's tomorrow everywhere (an impossibility, of course, since it can never really "be" tomorrow anywhere), I'm going to bite the bullet and do a 2072 autoload, or at least a nondestructive autoload of the 2073 radio, since 1154/1949 apps is pretty close to 2072.
    01-26-15 01:03 PM
163 ... 4567