(Thurask, back me up here) If I'm correct. Once the OS is officially released, you can search for the country code/carrier code for your phone using Sachesi and download the files from the carrier site. Once downloaded you can then side load the OS via Sachesi by dragging them over. So if you don't mind the carrier bloat (and if daring enough you can remove that prior to the side load) getting the new OS via USB should be a walk in the park. Too much worry as to when it will be available in the US. Any carrier file will work.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-23-15 03:16 PM
    (Thurask, back me up here) If I'm correct. Once the OS is officially released, you can search for the country code/carrier code for your phone using Sachesi and download the files from the carrier site. Once downloaded you can then side load the OS via Sachesi by dragging them over. So if you don't mind the carrier bloat (and if daring enough you can remove that prior to the side load) getting the new OS via USB should be a walk in the park. Too much worry as to when it will be available in the US. Any carrier file will work.
    You are correct. Although you are downloading it from BlackBerry. The carrier does not actually host the OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    01-23-15 03:21 PM
    Correct! The search sometimes takes a bit of time but someone will be using in somewhere-LOL. I personally would prefer a leak any day, as long as it is in a Blitz file format-lol. Though I like autoloaders too, just getting lazy and appreciate the hard work putting a Blitz file together.
    01-23-15 03:26 PM
    People are gonna do what they wanna do man. Chill. I been telling people to avoid leaks for years because of the issues with some of them and I'm pretty sure not a single person has listened ever. They're the same people who come back posting 'why doesn't this work?', 'how come this is broke?' etc etc. I believe you yourself have run into the same thing lol.
    It's not that we don't listen but we understand the risk in running them and generally like myself a lot of us go for it. Also for most of the people who do use them. We can usually resolve issues with some troubleshooting and experimentation but very valid point my friend

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:51 PM
    1+ ^

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:53 PM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    Not this again. Are you sure its THIS February not 2016?
    ppeters914 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-23-15 04:00 PM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes a person just can't wait and they have to take a leak...
    ppeters914 and Doggerz like this.
    01-23-15 04:02 PM
    I prefer an older but a bug free OS than the unreleased buggy OS. I am not saying leaks are bad, but this is my personal opinion.
    Reluctantly I'm with you on this. I used to load up all the leaks and was pretty happy doing it. But my BlackBerry is my business phone so when I don't get texts, visual voicemail, clear calls, I had to draw the line and take a ride in the wayback machine and reinstall 10.2.1.2991. My BB works flawlessly now. I gotta say from what Im reading Im not missing much by not riding the bleeding edge.
    01-23-15 04:06 PM
    What source do you have?
    01-23-15 06:55 PM
    I had three BB's from OS7 and further back, I always installed leaks but then they were leaks from another country which BB just happened to release the update before the USA, soo, they were solid, what are these 'leaks' for BB10 from? This BB10 stuff is new to me, just got a Z30 yesterday, so I figured things were the same but it sounds like a leak ain't whay a leak used to be?
    01-23-15 07:06 PM
    I always install leaks. I like living on the edge and screwing things up
    01-23-15 08:22 PM
    Not this again. Are you sure its THIS February not 2016?
    Man I can see how much frustrated you are. Everyone is! Idk why is bb delaying it :/
    01-24-15 01:57 AM
    Sometimes a person just can't wait and they have to take a leak...
    I agree
    01-24-15 01:57 AM
    I prefer to wait for the official version although I've been tempted a few times, I've never installed a leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 02:20 AM
    I prefer to wait for the official version although I've been tempted a few times, I've never installed a leak.

Posted via CB10
    Good call!

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-24-15 04:35 AM
    Well during my walk of life I haven't found myself in a situation in which I wouldn't try a thing because of................................................ ..........whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?
    Imo anything and everything needs to be tinkle with, just push the envelope to the next possible level, if it is a car it will probably go faster, stick better and then some, same goes for everything else and when it comes to phones, well iPhones will be jailbroken and modded the first day, Androids will get rooted, s-offed, super-cid and molested in every possible way......so yes as long as there are Blackberry leaks I'll probably be one of the first ones in line to try it, then again that's just me. Long live the leaks !!!!! and a huge THANK YOU to all the developers who make it all happen !!!

01-24-15 07:30 AM
    Used to never install leaks - it was too scary for a phone that I needed. Then I purchased this Z30 - now all I run are leaks.

A new leak comes out, give it a week and see what people are saying. Looks good? Go for it.

I back up data and prefer an autoloader. Clean installs seem to work better for me.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-24-15 07:34 AM
    I back up data and prefer an autoloader. Clean installs seem to work better for me.

Posted via CB10
    By "clean install," do you mean that you also don't restore? And if not, why back up? Or do you restore selectively, and if so, what do you restore?
    01-24-15 12:58 PM
    There's always point installing leaks!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 01:01 PM
    By "clean install," do you mean that you also don't restore? And if not, why back up? Or do you restore selectively, and if so, what do you restore?
    I think he must be referring to using a 3rd party app like Ultimate Backup, and backing up what he can.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-24-15 01:01 PM
    I think he must be referring to using a 3rd party app like Ultimate Backup, and backing up what he can.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    You're probably right about the backup--maybe he'll answer.

In all my experiences with installing OS 10 leaks and official OS's in the past two years, and having done it every which way, autoloaders with and without full or partial restores, nondestructive loads, including hybrids, both on the Z10 and now the PP, I can't honestly say that I've noticed any consistent differences in results, only in the increased work time required with autoloaders, especially without restores.

About the only thing I've found to be consistently true is that if I stay long enough with a basically good OS or hybrid (see my config below), the phone seems to stabilize over time and some of the annoyances go away. For example, with the config I have now, I used to get failures of my POP emails to receive messages at times, random wifi dropouts, and frequent flickering of apps and of the camera. None of that seems to happen any longer, and I haven't made any changes in my configuration in over three weeks. I don't know how to explain this apparent maturing or "self-settling-in" of the OS beyond the initial period right after the OS install.
    01-24-15 01:15 PM
    You're probably right about the backup--maybe he'll answer.

In all my experiences with installing OS 10 leaks and official OS's in the past two years, and having done it every which way, autoloaders with and without full or partial restores, nondestructive loads, including hybrids, both on the Z10 and now the PP, I can't honestly say that I've noticed any consistent differences in results, only in the increased work time required with autoloaders, especially without restores.

About the only thing I've found to be consistently true is that if I stay long enough with a basically good OS or hybrid (see my config below), the phone seems to stabilize over time and some of the annoyances go away. For example, with the config I have now, I used to get failures of my POP emails to receive messages at times, random wifi dropouts, and frequent flickering of apps and of the camera. None of that seems to happen any longer, and I haven't made any changes in my configuration in over three weeks. I don't know how to explain this apparent maturing or "self-settling-in" of the OS beyond the initial period right after the OS install.
    To me, it seems the fussiest component is the Android app environment. I usually use the ability to launch android apps from their hub notifications and the ability to share to android apps as the acid tests of a successful OS install.

If these work, usually everything else will work too.

It seems that this component is also most susceptible to corruption in a Link backup/restore - particularly when moving from one leak to another.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-24-15 01:36 PM
    To me, it seems the fussiest component is the Android app environment. I usually use the ability to launch android apps from their hub notifications and the ability to share to android apps as the acid tests of a successful OS install.

If these work, usually everything else will work too.

It seems that this component is also most susceptible to corruption in a Link backup/restore - particularly when moving from one leak to another.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I agree. It's sort of an argument for nondestructive (=OTA) loads, isn't it? I don't think Blackberry ever intended for end users to upgrade via autoloaders.
    01-24-15 02:15 PM
    Every leak I've installed has never been problematic enough that I felt the need to downgrade to a more stable OS. I also like knowing that my device is running a bleeding edge, unreleased OS. That's just personal preference though.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2072)
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-24-15 02:19 PM
    I agree. It's sort of an argument for nondestructive (=OTA) loads, isn't it? I don't think Blackberry ever intended for end users to upgrade via autoloaders.
    Actually I have had issues with Sachesi non-destructive updates in this regard as well, requiring a security wipe without a restore to correct - again mainly involving leaks.

I think it's as simple as BlackBerry never intended people to use leaks, regardless of the methods used. I think that's pretty obvious, but it seems so many out there don't quite understand that.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-24-15 02:25 PM
163 ... 34567