I & my friend have been constantly having calls attending issue in10.2.1 branch, and decided to install leaks and installed, and running now is 10.3.1.1949 on both the phones, and now having only issue is Internet disconnecting while downloading big files like 1GB or so, though it shows full signal strength, carrier advice me to test with other phones, so problems in installing leaks if u r ready to face issues here and there, and it s purely my opinion

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:42 PM
    I prefer an older but a bug free OS than the unreleased buggy OS. I am not saying leaks are bad, but this is my personal opinion.
    Loool, let me know when you find any bug free BB10 OS.
    All of them back to 10.0 regardless if official or leaked have a bug or something that requires a work around.

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    kbz1960 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    01-22-15 09:08 PM
    I must be the only one on Verizon that is not having text messaging issues. The last time I had such issues, I think I was running 10.3.1.800 or the 10.3.0 build that was BEFORE 1418. Since that time, my text messages have been coming through without a problem.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2072

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I am not having any issues on vzw either

STL-4. 10.3.1.2072
    GPuba likes this.
    01-22-15 09:14 PM
    Hey guys! The 10.3.1 is officially rolling out in the first week of feb so just wait for approximately 10 days. I've been going through the forums and I can see some people who can't wait. We all have been waiting since April last year. So why not wait for another 10 days??

Posted via CB10
    You're close, the date is 27 Jan for the new OS roll-out
    01-22-15 09:53 PM
    Been waiting for the OTA updates since I got my Z10 a couple months back, been loading the leaks on that, and my new Q5. To hear that we're just that much closer to the OTA is great to hear.
    01-22-15 11:11 PM
    What custom ROMs did you guys use LOL.

Depends on which one I'd guess. In my experience, custom ROMs are rock solid -- but then again, I'm very picky. I typically root, flash a stable ROM and stick with it. I haven't even updated my current one.

Never had a problem, but then again, I tend to use premium stuff from the same crew.
    The great problem I had is that Cyanogen do not support the devices I have/had officially (Ace2 and SIII Mini). I didi install it on a SIII, but haven't tested it because the phone was lent only for rooting and installation. That was the main problem, because it wasn't even made by Cyanogen but an independent group of devs from Poland (Maclaw Studio). Although the ROMs did a good job sppeding up the phone, stability was something that lacked horribly. There was always a bug to ruin your day on an emergency. Sure, I suspect that your experience was different because your devices were officially supported by Cyanogen and the premium stuff, but mine was different (and a trigger to migrate to BB).

This is the reason I only consider Nexus devices coming straight off Google Play when looking at Android-based ones. The stock ROM on Nexus devices is about as stock as it can be I suppose.
    Yep, all Nexus are AOSP (Android Open Source Project), the "pure" Android, only extra Google things to torment your launcher. Still, I installed ParanoidAndroid on my N7, but no differences at all. But yeah, for Android-based devices, the Nexus are recommended (only the price is scary).
    01-22-15 11:36 PM
    Any official source? Just to clean my tears of happiness.
    01-22-15 11:37 PM
    The great problem I had is that Cyanogen do not support the devices I have/had officially (Ace2 and SIII Mini). I didi install it on a SIII, but haven't tested it because the phone was lent only for rooting and installation. That was the main problem, because it wasn't even made by Cyanogen but an independent group of devs from Poland (Maclaw Studio). Although the ROMs did a good job sppeding up the phone, stability was something that lacked horribly. There was always a bug to ruin your day on an emergency. Sure, I suspect that your experience was different because your devices were officially supported by Cyanogen and the premium stuff, but mine was different (and a trigger to migrate to BB).

Yep, all Nexus are AOSP (Android Open Source Project), the "pure" Android, only extra Google things to torment your launcher. Still, I installed ParanoidAndroid on my N7, but no differences at all. But yeah, for Android-based devices, the Nexus are recommended (only the price is scary).
    Makes sense.

On Android, the availability of solid ROMs is a huge factor in what device I upgrade to.

I really, really wanted the G-Flex, but didn't find enough ROMs to justify it.
    01-22-15 11:39 PM
    This is just another rumour. Nothing official.

Either way, carriers have to approve it anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-22-15 11:49 PM
    Screw official! There better be a leak higher than official when that finally hits. I've only been on official when getting my phone from my provider. As soon as I got home-----loaded a leak. I like many others like to be on the bleeding edge.

Typed on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Hmm.
    01-23-15 06:07 AM
    Those of us installing leaks are usually technically inclined and able to resolve many issues or at least locate the answers we need to resolve. I agree, those that still have the flashing vcr clock should stay away from leaks, and by some of the questions asked here there are a lot of them.

ps. hope your vcr clock is not flashing.
    What's a vcr?

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-23-15 06:28 AM
    What's a vcr?

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    You haven't read about them in history books? Must be a youngster.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-23-15 06:41 AM
    Leak OS and official OS IF the number is the same, it is the same file

0 different, no one can tampered BlackBerry OS

For example OS 10.3.1.1154 there is charging bug when you can't charge your phone in off condition

The bug is present too in official OS

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    ronfc likes this.
    01-23-15 07:21 AM
    I'm guessing those who even still own a vcr shouldn't bother whether the clock is flashing or not. Lol

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    I'm not sure whether I should be a proud VCR owner/user or be ashamed VCR owner/user. But none the less, I run leaks and really enjoy my current leak of 1154 on my Q10. I have learned to adapt to the lowered volume on the notifications.
    01-23-15 09:02 AM
    I don't get this VCR thingy. Captain?

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.3.1.1949
    01-23-15 09:35 AM
    I don't get this VCR thingy. Captain?

Video jaman dulu bro model kaset

01-23-15 09:45 AM
    This is just another rumour. Nothing official.

Either way, carriers have to approve it anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    This has been confirmed by sources and in one year they have yet to be wrong. And no it does not have to be approved by carriers. Does Apple get every carrier to test their latest attempt at getting iOS8 to work (i think they've tried 7 versions and still can't get it right) - the answer is NO. And there is nothing to prevent BlackBerry from rolling out updates in the same manner
    01-23-15 09:49 AM
    This has been confirmed by sources and in one year they have yet to be wrong. And no it does not have to be approved by carriers. Does Apple get every carrier to test their latest attempt at getting iOS8 to work (i think they've tried 7 versions and still can't get it right) - the answer is NO. And there is nothing to prevent BlackBerry from rolling out updates in the same manner
    Argh. For the tenth time, BlackBerry requires the carriers to provide technical support. The deal with the carriers is that they get to train on and test any new OS before they are expecting to provide said support.

If, in fact, it releases on the 27th, then either 1) BlackBerry is deciding to go it alone in support, or 2) the carriers have all agreed to have it fully tested by that date.

I know the sources of the 27th date too. Very reliable. But it's still not official, and even if it was correct two weeks ago, things could have changed in the interim.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-23-15 09:58 AM
    Argh. For the tenth time, BlackBerry requires the carriers to provide technical support. The deal with the carriers is that they get to train on and test any new OS before they are expecting to provide said support.

If, in fact, it releases on the 27th, then either 1) BlackBerry is deciding to go it alone in support, or 2) the carriers have all agreed to have it fully tested by that date.

I know the sources of the 27th date too. Very reliable. But it's still not official, and even if it was correct two weeks ago, things could have changed in the interim.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    They can still bypass the carriers. Seriously, how much support does a carrier really provide now? When you walk into a store they tell you BlackBerry is out of business or doesn't make handsets anymore. Either that or they just ignore you and tell you an android is what you really need. How does that fall under the definition of required technical support?

In addition, when I call TMO for technical support 9 times out of 10 they tell me it's a BlackBerry issues and to contact them. SMH

Guess we'll know more in the next week.....
    Last edited by RazrRob; 01-23-15 at 10:33 AM.
    01-23-15 10:18 AM
    They can still bypass the carriers. Seriously, how much support does a carrier really provide now? When you walk into a store they tell you BlackBerry is out of business or doesn't make handsets anymore. Either that or they just ignore you and tell you an android is what you really need. How does that fall under the definition of required technical support?

Guess we'll know more in the next week.....
    When you call your carrier support line, it's a bit different than walking into a store. Don't forget, BlackBerry is in dozens of countries speaking almost as many languages.

Anyway, yes, we'll see how it goes on the 27th. I hope it comes out then too.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-23-15 10:34 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Want to put a wager on it? Verizon will not release the OS update in the U.S. On that date..

BlackBerry hates America!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 10:55 AM
    Want to put a wager on it? Verizon will not release the OS update in the U.S. On that date..

BlackBerry hates America!
    I'm the one agreeing with you. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-23-15 10:58 AM
    Video jaman dulu bro model kaset

OK sip bro

01-23-15 11:36 AM
    I prefer an older but a bug free OS than the unreleased buggy OS. I am not saying leaks are bad, but this is my personal opinion.
    Unless Donald Knuth wrote it, don't hold your breath.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 11:38 AM
    The great problem I had is that Cyanogen do not support the devices I have/had officially...
    Wrong device choice. Cyanogen supports directly about 200 popular devices, including incremental OTA updates.

But yeah, for Android-based devices, the Nexus are recommended (only the price is scary).
    Google Nexus 5 is $350 unlocked off-contract on Google Play. One of the best price/performance devices currently available.
    01-23-15 12:59 PM
163 ... 23456 ...