Apparently OP#2 wants to carry 14 devices. I think that person represents 0.00000000000000000000001% of BB users. Most people buy a phone, use it, and then get a new one when it stops working effectively for them. This is kind of like going to see a movie 14 times and then blaming the movie studio when they don't match your enthusiasm and don't make a sequel.
    What's wrong with you? Do you have a problem reading? This is my exact quote "I had more than 14 BB10 devices over the last couple of years."
    Did I say I want to carry 14 phones around with me? I like to buy phones and tinker with them. All types of phones. It's a hobby.
    Your analogy is completely stupid too. Do you think your post was supposed to be funny? I hope it was a joke because if you were serious, then you are a moron.
    01-06-16 08:14 PM
    We kept BlackBerry's head above water these past 3 years by buying into their brand new OS10 phones. But now that they realize they'll never be profitable, we're left in quite the lurch. I know these phones won't "stop working" because of ended support aside from security updates, but man it upsets me, how we receive no official message from BlackBerry that BB10 will not be developed and improved anymore. It leaves some people wondering and hoping for a cool new update with new features and a new look, because some people are less informed about what's going on. Anyone who isn't a member of a site like CB pretty much won't know that their phone is now on its way to being outdated even if they just bought it yesterday!

Posted via CB10
    Actually for the first half it was BBOS users who kept BB10 and Blackberry users afloat.

Also BB10 hasnt officially died yet so why expect an official statement of that kind?
    It would be incredibly stupid for them to make that statement even by Blackberry standards.
    Worse then the BB10 and Playbook statement they made
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-06-16 10:23 PM
    Samsung and other Chinese device maker
    Hsss
    01-07-16 12:35 AM
    To be dead honest about it,

Even android phones would be not selling well after this Priv.

Simple, BlackBerry apps aren't great except maybe hub. Don't mention BBM it still lacks basic features.

Regards to BlackBerry 10, while android runtime upgrade is not possible but maybe making it perfect is possible with opening more api for developers to use for official apps.

But don't expect to see any BlackBerry 10 phones after 2016 and probably no BlackBerry phone after 2017.

First Co. I saw that had a following, backing, money and talent but still fail to understand what is wrong (Apps?)

Android isn't crap. You can have your own version and provide the experience. Just that they accepted android quite late.

Posted via CB10
    Android is crap and that is MY opinion. For me, it's two things: I don't like the directions Google is taking and their services (like Docs and Drive) aren't working intuitively IMHO. And I don't like Android's interface/workflow.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    lift likes this.
    01-07-16 12:38 AM
    Android is crap and that is MY opinion. For me, it's two things: I don't like the directions Google is taking and their services (like Docs and Drive) aren't working intuitively IMHO. And I don't like Android's interface/workflow.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    I don't disagree but you know what I meant. We can always make our version with all those smart *** things but BlackBerry did it quite late and offering at such a high price.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 01:08 AM
    I have all the BBRY devices since 2008 . This includes z10 , z30 , passport black , red and silver . I am a fan of BBRY and have supported the products till last . But unless other people buy the devices a handful of customers like us cannot change the fortunes of the company . BB will continue to do the business with me or without me and they have changed the gears with the Android . I have also two days back purchased the android Priv and am thoroughly enjoying the device . The Passport will and shall always continue as my first device .
    01-07-16 03:09 AM
    So OP, what is the alternative? You want BlackBerry to keep making BB10 phones and developing the BB10 OS, at staggering losses, for a small group of people?

They've already agreed to provide support and security patches.
    In the short run, yes. Pretty much no one other than Apple makes money *directly* in smart phones these days. Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, even the best Android brand, Samsung, have all been known to post some embarrassing results in regards to smartphone profits -- or lack thereof. But, BlackBerry properly conceived never had a "hardware" division. That's just Chen. BlackBerry device sales helped make money in all sorts of indirect ways like BES licenses, BIS fees, licensing, app store sales, advertising, etc. BB10 has much greater potential for much greater long-run rewards on this front.

I'm not sure why people think it was a good business move to go Android. Ultimately, it lowers costs while still bringing in revenue for the market's expectations while Chen transitions to enterprise software. That's fine for investors, but I'd thought we might have greater vision. Certainly, greater vision than John Chen!
    lift likes this.
    01-07-16 04:22 AM
    I will be satisfied if s/w updates provided (unlike playbook). Android runtime should be lolipop or marshmallow
    01-07-16 04:38 AM
    What's wrong with you? Do you have a problem reading? This is my exact quote "I had more than 14 BB10 devices over the last couple of years."
    Did I say I want to carry 14 phones around with me? I like to buy phones and tinker with them. All types of phones. It's a hobby.
    Your analogy is completely stupid too. Do you think your post was supposed to be funny? I hope it was a joke because if you were serious, then you are a moron.
    Yeah! I know what is that. :-) I have tons of BB10 phones. Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, Passport SE, Classic, Leap..... Even the pesky Priv.

Passport and Q10 are my preferred. On a daily basis, Passport SE and an iPhone 6 are my two phones used as have two lines.

Priv replaced all other test Android phones I had...they will be all gone soon. But as a main phone, my Passport is my choice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 04:50 AM
    I have all the BBRY devices since 2008 . This includes z10 , z30 , passport black , red and silver . I am a fan of BBRY and have supported the products till last . But unless other people buy the devices a handful of customers like us cannot change the fortunes of the company . BB will continue to do the business with me or without me and they have changed the gears with the Android . I have also two days back purchased the android Priv and am thoroughly enjoying the device . The Passport will and shall always continue as my first device .
    :-) good choice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 04:51 AM
    BlackBerry still felt it's a contender in the markets when in fact it's a product that is placed last in amongst today's competition.

I too am very pissed off at BlackBerry.

This reminds me of my BlackBerry Torch days when I gotbthebv5 and Not even two months later v7 comes out and my version is not upgradeable and worse yet BlackBerry 10 comes out and we were forced to switch phones to experience the new and now soon to be a thing of the past bb10.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 05:36 AM
    Still waiting for an apology for shutting down commodore in 1994 - And leaving us with those no keyboard gaming thingy's
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-07-16 07:16 AM
    That said I'll continue to use BB10 till the end of the service updates or even longer. The idea that the Priv would somehow safe BB10 is also stupid beyound believe and only posted by fans of Priv / Android. The way things look now BB will probably leave HW business. So if BB10 should be continued you'd need Good salesnumbers for the Priv (this is not the case - ) And then some magical traction and even better sales for the old BB10 devices - Go figure.
    01-07-16 07:20 AM
    That said I'll continue to use BB10 till the end of the service updates or even longer. The idea that the Priv would somehow safe BB10 is also stupid beyound believe and only posted by fans of Priv / Android. The way things look now BB will probably leave HW business. So if BB10 should be continued you'd need Good salesnumbers for the Priv (this is not the case - ) And then some magical traction and even better sales for the old BB10 devices - Go figure.
    The Priv is no magic pullet, or a guarantee of success by any means. But...

We can all agree that having devices rounds out BlackBerry's EMM offering by providing an end-to-end solution. At least with Android, they can dump OS development and get away with selling around 3 million devices instead of 10 million BB10 devices to break even. If they are willing to take a small loss to help other lines of business, that may even go down to 2 million.

We'll know in 6 months.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-07-16 07:33 AM
    We kept BlackBerry's head above water these past 3 years by buying into their brand new OS10 phones. But now that they realize they'll never be profitable, we're left in quite the lurch. I know these phones won't "stop working" because of ended support aside from security updates, but man it upsets me, how we receive no official message from BlackBerry that BB10 will not be developed and improved anymore. It leaves some people wondering and hoping for a cool new update with new features and a new look, because some people are less informed about what's going on. Anyone who isn't a member of a site like CB pretty much won't know that their phone is now on its way to being outdated even if they just bought it yesterday!

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is not selling well enough and Blackberry is not making money on it. If you were in charge of Blackberry would you contentiously order to keep supporting platform that cost company millions in annual loses ? Android is the only good alternative blackberry has now. I do not think Blackberry can drastically improve BB10 sales at this point. So either Android with decent sales or stop making BB10 altogether and become exclusively software company. I like blackberry phones so i am willing to go with priv because i still get the best features of BB10. Priv will only get better over time.
    01-07-16 08:37 AM
    I'm glad I moved to Windows Phone (now Windows 10 Mobile) more than 2 years ago. I only had 1 BB10 device, the Z10, but after BBRY did not keep the promise of updating the Playbook to BB10, I realize that we were used as beta testers. Now BBRY itself has dumped its own BB10 OS, and that move just confirmed that I was right. In a couple of years, and after countless (and futile) hole fixes and security concerns, maybe BBRY will return to BB10 (or maybe they will adopt Symbian or LG's webOS or whatever), then they will dump Android users as well. So, the only strategy BBRY will keep over the years is pissing off their customers base over and over. Brilliant!!!
    Asvertus and lift like this.
    01-07-16 08:44 AM
    It's no guarantee, but it's still an attempt. Most people are too preoccupied with OS to consider this could be it for hardware.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:13 AM
    I'm glad I moved to Windows Phone (now Windows 10 Mobile) more than 2 years ago. I only had 1 BB10 device, the Z10, but after BBRY did not keep the promise of updating the Playbook to BB10, I realize that we were used as beta testers. Now BBRY itself has dumped its own BB10 OS, and that move just confirmed that I was right. In a couple of years, and after countless (and futile) hole fixes and security concerns, maybe BBRY will return to BB10 (or maybe they will adopt Symbian or LG's webOS or whatever), then they will dump Android users as well. So, the only strategy BBRY will keep over the years is pissing off their customers base over and over. Brilliant!!!
    You people are taking this way too personally. They tried with BB 10 but it didn't work. And now they're trying to do android to save the hardware division and a bunch of people's jobs. I just don't see why people are criticizing them over this. By the time Chen took over BB 10 was long past viable in the minds of most people looking at it correctly. I think he's done a great job and trying to save the hardware part of the company and helping the company as a whole.

"Hogans Heroes" is a different matter though. Those scum!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-07-16 10:43 AM
    It is the interpretation that people keep putting on things that is frustrating. For example only one or two security / maintenance patches... rather than quoting what was published by BlackBerry and letting your reader interpret that for themselves. The semantic drift of one person interpreting the official message in their own words, then a second person re-interpreting the first person, and so on, starts to look like the childrens' game of broken telephone.

BlackBerry has committed to two releases of security and privacy enhancements. Maybe to you that means the same thing as security / maintenance patches, but to me it doesn't.
    This.

Similarily, many people "read between the lines" that BBRY has already decided the end of BB10, but what JC actually said and says is that this decision will depend on the business case.
    According to CNET John Chen "hopes the Priv will help improve the company's viability, repair the brand and eventually make it possible to produce another phone running BlackBerry 10"
    http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/

For me personally there seems to come another improvement in 2016.
    My home router is an AVM Fritzbox and apparently VPN connections between OS 10.3.2 and Fritzbox will be possible with the next Fritzbox firmware release:
    http://blog.duisberg.net/?p=416

So, for some BB10 was doa, but for others it may never die.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:03 AM
    At least tell us if there will be or will never be another BB10 device from this point on. That's what we want to hear, so we can go and buy another Passport or another Classic or another Z30 or whatever and keep it as back up on the side when our devices break or drop or die..
    01-07-16 11:05 AM
    You people are taking this way too personally. They tried with BB 10 but it didn't work. And now they're trying to do android to save the hardware division and a bunch of people's jobs. I just don't see why people are criticizing them over this. By the time Chen took over BB 10 was long past viable in the minds of most people looking at it correctly. I think he's done a great job and trying to save the hardware part of the company and helping the company as a whole.

"Hogans Heroes" is a different matter though. Those scum!
    Every "try" implies customers spending money on that "trial" platform. Something like: "ok guys, we know all of you spent money on BB10, but it's time to move on and spend even more money on Android". A couple of years later: "sorry again, but, guess what? forget about Android. We need you to spend money again on that new cr@p we're launching now"
    Velocitymj likes this.
    01-07-16 11:22 AM
    Every "try" implies customers spending money on that "trial" platform. Something like: "ok guys, we know all of you spent money on BB10, but it's time to move on and spend even more money on Android". A couple of years later: "sorry again, but, guess what? forget about Android. We need you to spend money again on that new cr@p we're launching now"
    Isn't that what every company does. "Hey, glad you bought the iPhone 6, but here's our new 6S that blows it out of the water", or "glad your enjoying your 55" Sony Smart TV, but we're replacing it with a new 60" running Android TV". That's kind of how a business works.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:34 AM
    Okay, maybe a few miles of track. It gets you and other "works for me" types from point A to point B, but other platforms can go from point A to point Z and everything in between any way they want to.

And if BlackBerry demote BlackBerry 10 from a general purpose OS to the OS of the businessmen, the wide variety of apps necessary would rapidly dilute their manpower. Unless BlackBerry decides to force their users to use the specific messaging/file sharing/notation/database/etc. apps under their umbrella, then BlackBerry would have a hard time managing to grab the "must have" apps for the variety of professions out there. There's medical imaging, social media, legal references, stocks, corporate IM and others that come to mind, all with various competing apps within their respective spheres. For BlackBerry to develop every single one of those, competently, would require the infinite monkeys at infinite typewriters of their marketing department. Assuming they can even wrangle the legal right to develop those from their respective owners.

But wait, I thought you were happy with not having apps? Why should BlackBerry port them if they are, and I quote, meaningless?
    By that "meaningless for me apps" comment I meant that others may demand certain apps. I happen to have all the apps I "need" (i.e., use sometimes like banking,, maps, and weather), plus some that I don't need and just downloaded to check them out. I was only trying to suggest a way that BB could serve a niche market by internally developing a few key professional apps, and developing other BB10 enhancements with a core team - at a profit.

I am very happy with BB10 - the Hub, true multi-tasking, Blend, RFA, and the file manager. The camera?? - my wife's S6 is a lot better......but could the camera (Z30) be improved via software? I don't know.
    01-07-16 11:39 AM
    Well getting back to your bullet train analogy, thanks for giving me some track. BB can get you from point A to Point B without you having to make any transfers. Using Android you have to transfer multiple times. And as far as going from point A to point Z - I am in the transportation business and NEVER heard that discussed !!!. I'd better retire now !
    01-07-16 11:45 AM
    I'm still not sure what this all means for BB10 going forward from here, which is what we are talking about.
    No, the topic title is "No Official Apology or Thanks for us BB10 Users" and the OP established the topic as "BB screwed us" and people like yourself chime in with "but it's unsustainable" as if it's pertinent. I suppose my mistake was responding. I just don't like letting incorrect conclusions based on no evidence stand as "fact", even on CrackBerry.com.
    01-07-16 11:49 AM
174 ... 34567