What does this even mean....BB10 worked on cellular data plans like any other iphone or android.
    now it work with cellular data. But in earlier days wen the share of smartphone is in BlackBerry under. At that time they started loosing customers because we have to pay for BlackBerry plans. N its too costly for people in all regions. I m not talking about a particular country I m talking about world.

Its costly in india also around ₹400 for a monthly pack. In those days. People are not soo much rich in india at that time that they can afford ₹400. N in this way the lower class is always untouched by BlackBerry & they lost there presence in the market.

Khursheed
    04-05-17 10:39 AM
    Lol each to their own, you asked for people's views.

Posted via CB10
    I m not blaming but saying that if u be with BlackBerry that will b the best part for u. As I share my opinion as u share your opinion.

Well thanks for ur views.

Khursheed
    04-05-17 10:40 AM
    Well I don't like this BlackBerry behaviour to stop manufacturing BlackBerry 10 os device.
    You're more than 2 years late - the last BB10 device was manufactured at least that long ago, and all of the staff let go that long ago. That should have been your first clue that it was over.
    04-05-17 10:50 AM
    That's not what Virgin Mobile Canada toldme. I had a great plan for my z10, Q10 and finally Passport. When I pickled up an iphone, the plan did not work (data wise) on the iPhone. So now I pay more for less data. Not impressed with VMC.
    Did you have the same plan prior to your Z10 - on a BBOS phone? If so, then what really happened is that VMC let you keep an obsolete BBOS plan when you switched to the Z10, even though at that time they should have moved you to a standard (non-BB-specific) plan. If that is the case, then you simply got very lucky for a while that they screwed up.
    04-05-17 10:54 AM
    Heart breaking news

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 11:11 AM
    That's not what Virgin Mobile Canada toldme. I had a great plan for my z10, Q10 and finally Passport. When I pickled up an iphone, the plan did not work (data wise) on the iPhone. So now I pay more for less data. Not impressed with VMC.

Posted via CB10
    I think they are lying to you.

I have had some experience with my carrier (MTS - Manitoba). They keep changing plans.
    For instance, I had a Classic on a 2 year plan with unlimited data Canada-wide.

I bought out the contract early so that I could move to a PRIV. I was told that MTS no longer offered the unlimited data plan at all. So, now I have 6G / month, which is adequate, fortunately about the same price.

Like I said, I think that they're lying to you. Maybe look at a different carrier.
    04-05-17 11:28 AM
    Imagine the scene:

A large group of people, sitting around in a field a few dozen yards from the half rotten corpse of a once beloved horse. There are crows milling around picking at the carcass, cawing, flapping, etc.

Some of the people have made trinkets from the bones of the horse, and at least one person is wearing a horse skin jacket.

Someone pulls up on a bike, waving a piece of paper. "Guys, guys!! I've got the coroners report! It turns out, the horse is dead!!"

. . .

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 01:18 PM
    Word??

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 01:39 PM
    1)
    1)

Classic!

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.3.2205 
    04-06-17 12:28 AM
    Its ok bro. Well its really a bad news. I personally luv this os n windows mobile os they both are almost similar as in my opinion. Actually I like the easy to use features. There is a lot of features list. As u guyz knew it very well.

I just don't wanna move on other devices. They can go for both the os like hybrid os we are having in passport n leap n all. They can do much better in this hybrid os. If they want then only but they moved to Android. Shah..

Khursheed
    bb10, yeah its a bit sad no doubt. Especially for classic and passport owners! But windows, well there you are in luck then.

There are new windows mobile devices without doubt, and the OS receives its most major update ever this year, Redstone 3 & win32 on ARM (late 2017), preceded by a more minor UI update the Creators update.

They announced and demo'd win32 on ARM dec 2016. Creators update has been in the insider program, includes updates like folders on the tiles screen.

There are also strong signals windows 10 mobile will also be coming to the x86 architecture, which of course would also have win32 capability I assume, like a tablet.

The exact details are blurry on redstone 3. exact dates of releases (some of the above are leaks) but major things are afoot, win32 is coming. I would hold off on buying a phone will win32 on arm is released.

Microsoft is changing gears on its mobile strategy, and that's going to leave some peoples devices behind. Within a year, everything should be clear. Either way, if you like windows 10 on a phone, you can take some consolation in that. It's not going anywhere. It's changing form.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-06-17 at 07:26 AM.
    04-06-17 07:11 AM
    bb10, yeah its a bit sad no doubt. Especially for classic and passport owners! But windows, well there you are in luck then.

There are new windows mobile devices without doubt, and the OS receives its most major update ever this year, Redstone 3 & win32 on ARM (late 2017), preceded by a more minor UI update the Creators update.

They announced and demo'd win32 on ARM dec 2016. Creators update has been in the insider program, includes updates like folders on the tiles screen.

There are also strong signals windows 10 mobile will also be coming to the x86 architecture, which of course would also have win32 capability I assume, like a tablet.

The exact details are blurry on redstone 3. exact dates of releases (some of the above are leaks) but major things are afoot, win32 is coming. I would hold off on buying a phone will win32 on arm is released.

Microsoft is changing gears on its mobile strategy, and that's going to leave some peoples devices behind. Within a year, everything should be clear. Either way, if you like windows 10 on a phone, you can take some consolation in that. It's not going anywhere. It's changing form.
    Yeah I know my bro. I just personally luv the UI of both OS BlackBerry n windows. They just did awesome work '& I m a fan of both os. It feels like we have something new in our hand all the time. You don't feel outdated or bored.

Khursheed
    04-06-17 07:36 AM
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! This is SAD. RIP BlackBerry.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-06-17 08:07 AM
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! This is SAD. RIP BlackBerry.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Noo bro BlackBerry is not RIP. Now u can get BlackBerry in Android. Version. BlackBerry still exists.

Khursheed
    04-06-17 10:31 AM
    Noo bro BlackBerry is not RIP. Now u can get BlackBerry in Android. Version. BlackBerry still exists.

Khursheed
    His point exactly. Since BlackBerry decided to go Android, it's officially dead.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 10:52 AM
    This thread has made me laugh, once I checked to make sure someone didn't revive a thread from two years ago. Obvious there is massive communication issues throughout.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-06-17 11:09 AM
    I think they are lying to you.

I have had some experience with my carrier (MTS - Manitoba). They keep changing plans.
    For instance, I had a Classic on a 2 year plan with unlimited data Canada-wide.

I bought out the contract early so that I could move to a PRIV. I was told that MTS no longer offered the unlimited data plan at all. So, now I have 6G / month, which is adequate, fortunately about the same price.

Like I said, I think that they're lying to you. Maybe look at a different carrier.
    Data plans offered by VMC do change, but they also allow you to stay grand fathered until you change the plan. A BB10 device can use a BIS account as long as it is still offered. I believe Bell will still open a BlackBerry account, but that won't last much longer. When BB10 came out VMC because of their parent Bell would only support BB10 on a BlackBerry plan had to follow suit. So I put my Z10LE on Rogers until they decided that was a loosing proposition. As soon a Bell started supporting BB10 on standard data plans VMC did as well.

So it may not be what a customer wants, but someone using a BBOS device on VMC, that changed to BB10 could keep their BIS account. People that went iOS or Android would have had to change accounts then. This person kept their account as long as they had a device that could use it (BBOS or BB10). Now that they're on iOS they have to change which means picking from plans available now.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-06-17 04:31 PM
    Imagine the scene:

A large group of people, sitting around in a field a few dozen yards from the half rotten corpse of a once beloved horse. There are crows milling around picking at the carcass, cawing, flapping, etc.

Some of the people have made trinkets from the bones of the horse, and at least one person is wearing a horse skin jacket.

Someone pulls up on a bike, waving a piece of paper. "Guys, guys!! I've got the coroners report! It turns out, the horse is dead!!"

. . .

Posted via CB10
    Now, why didn't you say so in the first place. It clears up everything for me.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-08-17 03:01 AM
    This thread has made me laugh, once I checked to make sure someone didn't revive a thread from two years ago. Obvious there is massive communication issues throughout.
    Rest easy! If you didn't hear it from Oprah or read it in The National Enquirer.... it ain't true!
    04-08-17 03:04 AM
    Re: BB10 devices, didn't they also swear that they would never make a tablet again (after the BB Playbook - because tablets were a short term phenomenon ), and yet here we are today, and they're thinking of coming out with a new Blackberry tablet.
    04-08-17 03:37 AM
    Don't worry about security guys, BlackBerry built most secure android smartphones, ofcourse bb10 still the best.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-08-17 04:05 AM
    Re: BB10 devices, didn't they also swear that they would never make a tablet again (after the BB Playbook - because tablets were a short term phenomenon ), and yet here we are today, and they're thinking of coming out with a new Blackberry tablet.
    BlackBerry won't be making it. They're out of the hardware business. Someone else will make it and BlackBerry's brand will be on it, with their Android flavor.

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    04-08-17 04:15 AM
    Fake news.

Alternative facts?
    04-08-17 03:54 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I don't think I'll ever be buying a BlackBerryAndroid. I've picked up an iphone7 and was surprised to find that it's not bad. Sad there won't be some kind of BlackBerry with IOS 10 or for that matter the iPhone with BlackBerry's wonderful vkb So now I use the iPhone (sporting BlackBerry wallpapers) along with my Passport . Best I can do in this situation

Posted via CB10
    I feel ya.

I think I will be doing the same if Jolla-Sony Sailfish does not work out for me.

Peace.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport with NO CURE in sight.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-08-17 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry won't be making it. They're out of the hardware business. Someone else will make it and BlackBerry's brand will be on it, with their Android flavor.

Semantics....blackberry never physically ever made any of their hardware.(well at least not in the last recently known history , don't know if RIM did either)...outsourced it. So now they license it, okay. Can't imagine the Billion(s) they spent on BB10 would go to complete dust, other than maintainence support...maybe there will never be another bb10 device, but I don't see where it has been completely, and definitively ruled out (including that screen shot answer), the future of OS'es take surprising turns sometimes.
    ...maybe they'll be a knight-rider device associated with someones ride? LOL. After all why just leave all that tech in the car, when you lock it....or ...there are many-markets on the globe with diff't requirements and price-points...and qnx (BB10) and android share much in common, except qnx is more robust.
    04-08-17 10:43 PM
    So I guess another legacy device out of the question then? Yawn!

Nothing new to see here. It is the same thing a lot of us have been say for a couple years now.
    04-08-17 11:20 PM
64 123