Soooooo after a year plus with the z10 my contacts are still disappearing.

I'm really pissed off today because I need to contact my boss and all of a sudden her number isn't in my address book.

Last night I notice my house number was no longer listed as well.

Was there ever a fix for disappearing contacts?

Oh please for folks who haven't ever lost a contact this thread isn't for you.

Don't need 10 answers saying "never happened to me " -_-

Thanks for any help cb nation.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    08-08-14 01:49 PM
    My fix was to alway do a fresh install and never restore anything.

All my contacts are on an Active Sync Account that stays synced - one is for work, one if free from outlook.com.
    08-08-14 02:07 PM
    I do a device reset at least once a week. If I don't do that things tend to disappear.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:09 PM
    The contacts app is a joke. Whoever worked on that should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    08-08-14 03:13 PM
    NEVER had an issue with my contacts app. Then again I NEVER connect it to facebook or any social media. When I add a new contact I do so manually. Ive never had any of these issues people seem to have.
    08-08-14 03:14 PM
    NEVER had an issue with my contacts app. Then again I NEVER connect it to facebook or any social media. When I add a new contact I do so manually. Ive never had any of these issues people seem to have.
    So you've got like 10 contacts that aren't connected to Social Media. No surprise that you're not seeing any issues when you're using the app like it's the 1990s.

Posted via CB10
    theonecid likes this.
    08-08-14 03:28 PM
    I got 1600 contacts, 200 from Facebook, 100 from linked in, a few from twitter and BBM, but most of them from Gmail. Never had anything disappear.

The problem is that if you try to add info to a Facebook contact, it won't accept it or it will eventually be crush by the info you have on Facebook (or another source).

The solution is to make sure your contacts are at least all on Gmail or Outlook or Local (or even a corporate server). Then their info will never be crushed.

Also please, there are so many contact threads, just use an existing one

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:36 PM
    I do a device reset at least once a week. If I don't do that things tend to disappear.

Posted via CB10
    I'll try this.

It's really bad especially when u have Na emergency.

The other day I wanted to check on my friend who is in the police academy.

Her number was.gone I was so.pissed!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:57 PM
    I had posted a ways back when 10.2 was still new. One of the leaked versions then all of them thereafter did this. I had to search and found your post as this is starting up again with the pushed update from Verizon. I am losing my Exchange Active Sync contacts. Not sure what is causing this as this is the second time since the release they are gone. Very frustrating.

For those that this does not happen to don't naysay the others as it became evident with the previous issue many people did not have the issue then more and more people discovered they had it. I am in the same boat as the original poster, am very tech savy, and have had blackberry's since my first beeper version with scroll wheel. Also, why tell a user to hijack another poster's thread? Get real. This hasn't been posted about specifically as it is just starting up again.

In any case the only way I can recover my contacts is delete the account in settings and take the 5 minutes to reenter the account set up information (user name, server, etc) and then let it repopulate emails, calendar, and contacts. I am doing this right now as I write this.

In any case, this is once again real. I have a feeling they let that same code in as previous. Pain in the @ss and makes having a blackberry very unreliable and frustrating. Time for me to go look in the leaked versions...
    08-12-14 03:18 PM
    I had posted a ways back when 10.2 was still new. One of the leaked versions then all of them thereafter did this. I had to search and found your post as this is starting up again with the pushed update from Verizon. I am losing my Exchange Active Sync contacts. Not sure what is causing this as this is the second time since the release they are gone. Very frustrating.

For those that this does not happen to don't naysay the others as it became evident with the previous issue many people did not have the issue then more and more people discovered they had it. I am in the same boat as the original poster, am very tech savy, and have had blackberry's since my first beeper version with scroll wheel. Also, why tell a user to hijack another poster's thread? Get real. This hasn't been posted about specifically as it is just starting up again.

In any case the only way I can recover my contacts is delete the account in settings and take the 5 minutes to reenter the account set up information (user name, server, etc) and then let it repopulate emails, calendar, and contacts. I am doing this right now as I write this.

In any case, this is once again real. I have a feeling they let that same code in as previous. Pain in the @ss and makes having a blackberry very unreliable and frustrating. Time for me to go look in the leaked versions...
    I'm done with BlackBerry I can't take this **** anymore.

Another important contact is freaking gone .

Saved to the sim yet contact is no where in sight.

I'm going somewhere and I need to call him but his number isn't in my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:34 PM
    Make a habit of making backups of contacts. I dont face the problems that you are facing, but still I backup my contacts once a week as im always adding new people to my phone book.
    It literally takes 5 to 10 minutes.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-27-14 04:38 PM
    Make a habit of making backups of contacts. I dont face the problems that you are facing, but still I backup my contacts once a week as im always adding new people to my phone book.
    It literally takes 5 to 10 minutes.

Back up what? Doubles?

They are already saved to my sim that is a back up.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:41 PM
    Back up what? Doubles?

They are already saved to my sim that is a back up.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe its your software? What version you running. When I was on the previous os version, there were times when I lost all my contacts on 3 occasions. But then I received a new official update to Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 and since then I am not facing any issues.

You should make some external backups as well with this native BlackBerry app called Backup Contacts. Its quick, and should be with you just for safety.

09-27-14 04:54 PM
    My contacts database has gone fuzzy may times too. I concur with the OP that there is a problem. It's not good to have to scamper for workarounds when you need need need a contact.

What has worked for me has been to search for a keyword from a conversation from the past 30 days.

This isn't how it's supposed to be. A professional company has to make contacts databases that don't make individual contacts disappear for a few days, randomly here and there.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:03 PM
    Please delete all posts that say "no problem experienced"

Focus on the problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:08 PM
    Please delete all posts that say "no problem experienced"

Focus on the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Patience, grasshopper. While they may not be providing an actual fix, people noting what they're not doing and having no problems may help in giving some indication of what could be causing the problem.
    09-27-14 06:37 PM
    When mine disappear, it's because they linked to another contact. I can rarely manually input a contact without it automatically linking to a different contact and changing the name.

I am guessing the poster discussing Facebook has something smart. But, if you have Facebook, how do you not have the Facebook contacts?

It is irritating that I must use a workaround to save a new contact but, I do.
    09-30-14 12:48 AM
    When mine disappear, it's because they linked to another contact. I can rarely manually input a contact without it automatically linking to a different contact and changing the name.

I am guessing the poster discussing Facebook has something smart. But, if you have Facebook, how do you not have the Facebook contacts?

Exactly. I have never heard of a way to not have Facebook contacts in the Contact app on BB10. It is my biggest issue with BB10, basically my only issue. I have over 1000 Facebook contacts, and with that number, I have some duplicate names. This led to one of my normal contact's details, being mixed with a Facebook contact's details. What a mess. It took a while to discover it.

The "turn off Facebook" contacts in the settings does not stay turned off after a reboot any longer as well. I do not want my Facebook contacts included in the contact app at all. I have no need for that. It only makes a mess of the contacts in the app.

In past OS's you could deselect the addition Facebook contacts in the app, but not in BB10. This "feature" has basically rendered the contact app useless for me.
    10-01-14 03:22 PM

Same for me. It most often happens when I add a new contact on my Z10. If you search contacts for the missing entry you will find the contact that it incorrectly linked with and then manually unlink the two. I have about 500 contacts. I have Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. turned off. Facebook contacts do occasionally turn back on from time to time all by itself!

When I search contacts from the call screen, all of the Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Contacts show up even though they are turned off.

By the way, I have only ever used official OS versions from my provider. This has been an issue since day 1 for me and it continues on 10.2.1. I have only one Exchange account set up on the phone that shares contacts.

Those who say there isn't anything wrong I am very happy for, but too many of us have reported similar symptoms on these forums and elsewhere. This is without a doubt my biggest BB 10 bug.

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile USA - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    10-01-14 05:10 PM
    Exactly. I have never heard of a way to not have Facebook contacts in the Contact app on BB10. It is my biggest issue with BB10, basically my only issue. I have over 1000 Facebook contacts, and with that number, I have some duplicate names. This led to one of my normal contact's details, being mixed with a Facebook contact's details. What a mess. It took a while to discover it.

The "turn off Facebook" contacts in the settings does not stay turned off after a reboot any longer as well. I do not want my Facebook contacts included in the contact app at all. I have no need for that. It only makes a mess of the contacts in the app.

In past OS's you could deselect the addition Facebook contacts in the app, but not in BB10. This "feature" has basically rendered the contact app useless for me.
    100% correct I have my fb contacts turned off and every reboot **** is on again smh.

So frustrated with this bs smh.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:25 PM