Hi, recently I changed carrier to the only one in my country that doesn't support BIS on any of their plans. But, since their plans are half the price of the cheapest of the competition, I said to myself "who cares, BB10 doesn't need BIS".

Now, BBM can send and receive messages only on WiFi, and the BlackBerry logo next to signal only appears on WiFi. I did about>network>register blackberry, but nothing changed.

It's really that my carrier needs to support BIS, or they just block all ports except port 80, making the connection impossible?
    What I can do?

Last year I tried BBM on BB10 with China Mobile and China Unicom (both they not officially support BIS on their plans) and BBM worked perfectly...
    03-13-14 04:25 AM
    BBM on BlackBerry 10 does not require a BIS plan

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:26 AM
    But on 3G I don't have the BlackBerry logo next to the signal...
    03-13-14 04:36 AM
    Depending on the carrier they may block the ports you need for BBM. Sometimes there's a lot of truth to the saying 'you get what you pay for'.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:21 AM
    I just checked, all ports are open, I can even call over voip/skype and other stuff that other carriers in my countries are banning for obvious reasons. (who is going to pay 0.30 euro /minute on vodafone if can call for free on skype/sip?)
    Probably they blacklisted some blackberry servers, and I can see why. They are a MVNO, and the base network supports BIS. My theory is that they put a wild ban on some *.blackberry.com domains to avoid paying BIS fees...
    03-14-14 05:06 AM