You can also open the phone app and switch to the dial pad and you will have the letters on each key to help you out dialing the phone numbers spelled as words.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.3442)
    Yes, so I have to do 2 steps, then stare at my phone for a minute to figure out the numbers. Such a worthy replacement for simply typing it out and hitting call for sure...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-26-14 09:30 PM
    Really? So you all just kept posting examples of what I wasn't talking about just to troll me then?

No, we've tried our best to offer simple alternatives. Here's a one step alternative for you. Go back to BBOS.
    11-26-14 09:41 PM
    Yes, so I have to do 2 steps, then stare at my phone for a minute to figure out the numbers. Such a worthy replacement for simply typing it out and hitting call for sure...

Yes, that takes lots of brain power.

See, I can be sarcastic too.

Time to chill, and accept it doesn't work exactly the same for you anymore. You can write BlackBerry and suggest they bring it back. Fighting with CrackBerry members is accomplishing zero.

Here - https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    Post it and believe!
    11-26-14 09:45 PM
    10.3.1 hasn't even released yet. Give BlackBerry a break... if it's not in the final os then you can complain. Anyway I'm sure it's just an overlook on their part since the new assistant

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-27-14 01:05 AM
    No, we've tried our best to offer simple alternatives. Here's a one step alternative for you. Go back to BBOS.
    Alternatives? You mean, like not dialing the number at all as per the example I gave? I was talking about alpha-numeric phone number like 1-800-40-fedex and the examples I were given were like 1-800-123-4567... Ok, great "alternatives." If by alternatives you mean just dialing a total different number...
    11-27-14 02:19 AM
    Yes, that takes lots of brain power.

See, I can be sarcastic too.

Time to chill, and accept it doesn't work exactly the same for you anymore. You can write BlackBerry and suggest they bring it back. Fighting with CrackBerry members is accomplishing zero.

Here - https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    Post it and believe!
    I don't even get why it has to be a "fight" anyway. I'm merely bringing up a completely legitimate point that I am sacrificing my screen real-estate in order to have a full physical keyboard, so I expect for that keyboard to be utilized fully. And for a "new" OS to not figure out how to handle something an "old and obsolete" OS figured out how to do, is definitely a point that should be brought up. If you think it's OK to just accept whatever is given to you, then fine, talk to you later, nobody is forcing you to be here to try to talk-down to my concern like I have no right to demand to have convenient features and that I'm somehow being unreasonable. If you don't find it important, move on, and there won't be any "fight."
    11-27-14 02:22 AM
    10.3.1 hasn't even released yet. Give BlackBerry a break... if it's not in the final os then you can complain. Anyway I'm sure it's just an overlook on their part since the new assistant

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Who's talking about assistant? Why does 10.3.1 need to be out for me to discuss this topic? I don't use the voice control, don't really care much about it, and am not at all talking about assistant... Others brought it up as an alternative, not me. 10.3.1 isn't even the "final" OS, so when can we discuss issues we are having with our OS??
    11-27-14 02:23 AM
    You are absolutely correct, you have a right to complain. We've gone through every possible option for you. I'm sorry you took them as offensive. You've made it abundantly clear there is no option you're interested in.

The thread has run its course. I hope for you slag, that BlackBerry reads this thread, and brings this option back for you. There's no point in continuing this discussion, since there's no solution left, but to complain.
    DLewis13, MobileMadness002 and Uzi like this.
    11-27-14 06:38 AM
58 123