I noticed yesterday when forwarding an email that the address of the original author isn't included in the forward. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks.
    08-14-13 03:03 PM
    I haven't seen any email client that pre-populates forward addressee from the original email. Forward is to send the message to people who were not original addressees. So yeah it is what I would expect.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:22 PM
    Every time I forward an email using Outlook it's included the original email.

Example:
    Forwarding a CrackBerry.com thread reply notification:

<this is where I would include text with the forwarded email>

-----Original Message-----
    From: BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: August-14-13 2:24 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Reply to thread 'No address when forwarding email?'

Dear ssbtech,

Richard Buckley has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - No address when forwarding email? - in the BlackBerry 10 OS forum of BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.
    08-14-13 04:36 PM
    Just you bud

No address when forwarding email?-img_00000427.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:41 PM
    I don't mean to be negative but... was it always the case that when a boss got an email that needed to be dealt with by an assistant, this boss had to take a moment, every time, with Outlook or BB, to copy and paste the person's email into the message body before forwarding?

Because were it not manually copied every time, wouldn't it follow that the assistant would respond saying - 'what's the email I should send my response to? It's not in our contacts because it's someone we haven't dealt with yet' Which would then lead to the boss — who isn't busy or technologically challenged, naturally — opening the email again, scrolling around, copying and pasting the actual email into the reply to the assistant who can then finish their task.

I don't remember my colleagues having to endure that with Blackberry or Outlook. Until now with Q10.

I can't find a workaround and it's been months since this feature came to light in the BlackBerry support community forums.
    11-08-13 10:19 AM
    Forwarding an email, would never never prepopulate the To: field.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:21 AM
    I can't find a workaround and it's been months since this feature came to light in the BlackBerry support community forums.
    A work-around to what? How would the email client know who to forward to?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:24 AM
    A work around that I use, which is also more polite, is to reply to the original email and add the person whom you wish to respond introducing the two people and ensuring each has the other ' s address.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:55 AM
    Some sort of workaround that doesn't require getting the original recipient to take time to spell out the third party's email address when forwarding. We don't need to automatically populate the TO: field. We just want a header on the third party's forwarded email that includes a useable email address.

Let me try to describe this effect a little differently.

For some reason, Q10 seems to forward only a flat text version of the originator's email like this:
    rather than a hyperlinked
    that any modern email client can make use of. Strange! Some sort of MAPI/POP3/Exchange/BES incompatibility perhaps? I have no idea, wouldn't know where to start, just want it to work.

A workaround that would suit everyone, Blackberry, is that if this metadata can't be forwarded for some reason, don't 'resolve' the email at all and let it appear thus:

Anything but a name with no email!
    Last edited by Beerman2000; 11-11-13 at 10:53 AM.
    11-08-13 01:20 PM
    Some sort of workaround that doesn't require getting the original recipient to take time to spell out the third party's email address when forwarding. We don't need to automatically populate the TO: field. We just want a header on the third party's forwarded email that includes a useable email address.

Let me try to describe this effect a little differently.

For some reason, Q10 seems to forward only a flat text version of the originator's email like this: From: Ford, Robert rather than a hyperlinked From: Ford, Robert that any email modern email client can make use of. Strange! Some sort of MAPI/POP3/Exchange/BES incompatibility perhaps? I have no idea, wouldn't know where to start, just want it to work.

A workaround that would suit everyone, Blackberry, is that if this metadata can't be forwarded for some reason, don't 'resolve' the email at all and let it appear this:

Anything but a name with no email!

sadly some outlook setups actually do the EXACT same thing. So if I forward to someone outside of my global address book, some email addresses may be lost in the same manor. I don't know if it is some new EAS standard or what, but I have ran into this at my day job and it is annoying.
    11-08-13 01:49 PM
    This is one of several reasons, why I think that OS10 is not designed for real work. On my old 9900 was possible to press button "Q" to show the sender's e-mail address when forwarding or hide it (by default).
    I deal with about 200 mails per working day. About 50-70 forwarding to different colleagues to respond or delegate work. Workflow by selecting sender's e-mail, copy then forwarding mail to colleague and pasting in the body sender's e-mail is IMPOSSIBLE.

Simply one of several reasons, why I had to return to old 9900 for work use. Keeping Q10 for personal use and waiting when finally somebody will fix those stupid missing features what people need every day many times for work.

I don't care that I can play games on Q10. I need robust work tool with at least same functionality in daily operations as old BBOS. OS10 seems to be designed by somebody, who is not using this device for work or is not using mail, sms and phone calls at all.

Try to copy e-mail address of any e-mail you get to a plain new e-mail what you compose. Not forwarding whole mail, just grab the sender's e-mail without creating new contact. I don't know easy way how to do it. Those are basic things.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:50 PM
    Try to copy e-mail address of any e-mail you get to a plain new e-mail what you compose. Not forwarding whole mail, just grab the sender's e-mail without creating new contact. I don't know easy way how to do it. Those are basic things.

Posted via CB10
    Just did exactly this. In an email press and hold the blue bar with the sender's name. Select copy name. Compose a new message and paste. I get the name and email address pasted into the message. This is new (to me) under 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:59 PM
    Just did exactly this. In an email press and hold the blue bar with the sender's name. Select copy name. Compose a new message and paste. I get the name and email address pasted into the message. This is new (to me) under 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    OK, when I open any mail and hold or tap on blue top bar with sender's name, I can just see hidden e-mail address under name and back, no chance to copy it. I have 10.2, so it should work. But I cannot find the way. There is no option to copy name.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:41 PM
    OK, when I open any mail and hold or tap on blue top bar with sender's name, I can just see hidden e-mail address under name and back, no chance to copy it. I have 10.2, so it should work. But I cannot find the way. There is no option to copy name.

Posted via CB10
    It seems that this is a context menu on the name lable so the press and hold must be over the name, not just anywhere on the blue bar.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:22 PM
    I spent quite some time to get what you mean and - it works! Thanks.
    I think those bits are so much "hidden" and user unfriendly, that is almost impossible to discover those easter eggs in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:39 AM
    I spent quite some time to get what you mean and - it works! Thanks.
    I think those bits are so much "hidden" and user unfriendly, that is almost impossible to discover those easter eggs in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    They aren't really hidden, but unless you are aware of how the UI works it can be frustrating. Just about anything you can see can have context behavior attached to it. I have found quite often if you want to do something to an element it will be on a context menu. This keeps the UI clean. But you do have to long press on the things you want to work with, not beside them.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:44 AM
    They aren't really hidden, but unless you are aware of how the UI works it can be frustrating. Just about anything you can see can have context behavior attached to it. I have found quite often if you want to do something to an element it will be on a context menu. This keeps the UI clean. But you do have to long press on the things you want to work with, not beside them.

Posted via CB10
    I've gotta say that one was pretty hidden, I was tapping all over the place trying to replicate what you were doing, didn't get it until this morning. I love BB10, but with the bar animation on a single tap anywhere, it is not intuitive for the tap and hold to get the menu to pop out from the side. Good to know it's there and works though.
    11-12-13 11:26 AM
    Press and hold is the gesture to get context menus to slide in from the right. The native development kit makes it very easy to include context menus on almost anything. The trick as a developer is to know what needs a context menu and what actions should be available. There should be a clue like an image, glyph or text. The active zone can be larger than the hint, but never smaller. So always try to press on something, expecially if you think you should be able to interact with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 11:37 AM
    Press and hold is the gesture to get context menus to slide in from the right. The native development kit makes it very easy to include context menus on almost anything. The trick as a developer is to know what needs a context menu and what actions should be available. There should be a clue like an image, glyph or text. The active zone can be larger than the hint, but never smaller. So always try to press on something, expecially if you think you should be able to interact with it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you, and that's what I've been doing all over the OS is tap and hold to see if there is an additional feature, just not intuitive in this instance where tapping anywhere in the bar causes an action, but only tapping a certain area gets you access to the actual contact. It's not a deal breaker for me, but did throw me off.
    11-12-13 11:54 AM