I was hoping someone can help me understand this.

Previously to hearing that the only real change for bb10.3.3 was going to be NIAP Certification, I had never heard of it. But in looking at the website, it lists many devices, and some really old ones as having it.

How is it then, that BlackBerry is only getting it now if it's the most secure device readily available. Or am I just mis-understanding NIAP and it's usefulness?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 11:58 AM
    I was hoping someone can help me understand this.

Previously to hearing that the only real change for bb10.3.3 was going to be NIAP Certification, I had never heard of it. But in looking at the website, it lists many devices, and some really old ones as having it.

How is it then, that BlackBerry is only getting it now if it's the most secure device readily available. Or am I just mis-understanding NIAP and it's usefulness?

Posted via CB10
    Its just a piece of paper.
    There may be little or no code changes required to achieve the certification.
    Getting the certification is mostly about providing documentation and passing the required tests.
    If that piece of paper is on some bureaucrat's check-list, then it is better to have that certification.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-05-16 12:12 PM
    M$ have had it since Windows 8. . .

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 01:07 PM
    M$ have had it since Windows 8. . .

Posted via CB10
    Because they applied for it. Now Blackberry is for BB10.
    04-05-16 01:13 PM
    So why has everyone else had it for years, and BlackBerry just getting it now?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 02:48 PM
    So why has everyone else had it for years, and BlackBerry just getting it now?

Posted via CB10
    Because it is a make-work project for the sustaining team.
    04-05-16 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD