Can it unlock z10 with passcode with just one touch?
    Not with nfc tags.

Read mode of NFC (the mode needed for reading a NFC tag) is disabled by BlackBerry 10 OS when the device is locked.
    pvhunt likes this.
    04-13-13 03:55 PM
    Not with nfc tags.

Read mode of NFC (the mode needed for reading a NFC tag) is disabled by BlackBerry 10 OS when the device is locked.
    Thank you. Tht's my only plan for using nfc
    04-18-13 12:05 AM
    Thank you. Tht's my only plan for using nfc
    Understood.

BlackBerry might never enable NFC Read mode when the device is locked. That is for 2 reasons: 1- Conserving Battery power, 2- Security (When the device is locked BB don't want anyone being able to launch something, or do something by tapping a NFC Tag.
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-24-13 at 06:55 AM.
    04-18-13 10:49 AM
    Tapping to unlock would take more energy anyways.
    You would have to move your whole arm to teach the tag instead of one finger
    Unless the tag was your finger! Woah. Mind blown.
    04-18-13 04:19 PM
    I think he wanted the NFC tag to also enter his pass code, which would require more effort to unlock with your finger.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:28 PM
    +1 to this ... I've seen similar discussions on the Android forums about NFC security. Makes sense that tags shouldn't be able to over-ride the (locked) handset security but a facility to add "unlock my phone with <this code> then... turn on Bluetooth" (For example) should be a sensible feature. At least then it's adding two extra layers of security 1: NFC not working until your handset is unlocked 2: You have to type the passcode into the Macro/Shortcut, etc. Should prevent NFC Skimming and the like.
    04-24-13 02:54 AM
    +1 to this ... I've seen similar discussions on the Android forums about NFC security. Makes sense that tags shouldn't be able to over-ride the (locked) handset security but a facility to add "unlock my phone with <this code> then... turn on Bluetooth" (For example) should be a sensible feature. At least then it's adding two extra layers of security 1: NFC not working until your handset is unlocked 2: You have to type the passcode into the Macro/Shortcut, etc. Should prevent NFC Skimming and the like.
    Agree.
    I hoped that BlackBerry could turn on NFC Read mode when the backlight was on even when the device was locked and BlackBerry 10 could allow certain (user customizable?) type of actions when the device was locked.
    Specially now since BlackBerry Balance separates work from private, I would like to have more convenience than securiry for accessing the Private stuff on the phone.
    04-24-13 07:06 AM
    Hey, guys, I'm getting tired of entering my email address and password to log in to apps (BB World, etc.). Is there a way to put my email address on an NFC tag so that I can simply tap on the tag and my email address is entered where the cursor is. I've managed to get my email address (as text) onto a tag, but when I tap on it, I get "Open with" with some app options. I just want the tag to spit out my email address. Any clues? TIA
    05-11-13 10:55 AM
    interesting thread. I try at the moment to write to brand new NFC tags and when trying to use SmartTags it tells me that the NFC tag is locked. So bought ShortCutMe but that reminds me more of a PS3 game than a program. So currently checking the web for an explanation on how to use that thing.
    05-11-13 11:54 AM
    Hey, guys, I'm getting tired of entering my email address and password to log in to apps (BB World, etc.). Is there a way to put my email address on an NFC tag so that I can simply tap on the tag and my email address is entered where the cursor is. I've managed to get my email address (as text) onto a tag, but when I tap on it, I get "Open with" with some app options. I just want the tag to spit out my email address. Any clues? TIA
    This could be done using ShortcutMe 6 running on legacy BB OS.
    I don't think that is possible to do using current BB10 APIs..
    05-12-13 01:57 AM
35 12