Hey all you peeps that have a Z10. I have a quick question on what functions or features are allowed to be written on NFC tags using the Z10. I plan on writing some once the phone is available in the US but want to know if the capabilities are limited or restrictive from the device itself. If thats the case, I may have to borrow my daughters S3 because I have seen some programs for it that have lots of features and capabilities.
    02-03-13 11:24 PM
    they actually have a baked in nfc tag app that allows you to program the tags to do a variety of phone functions (saw them in the bgr screenshots from a while back, I was pretty impressed)
    02-03-13 11:27 PM
    I know that...but my question is how intensive are the functions you can program??? Just basics or can it get down and dirty and program several things onto one tag??? I need specifics from someone with a Z10.
    02-03-13 11:32 PM
    Can anyone check this out and update here?
    02-04-13 01:14 PM
    The options available for creating tags are:
    Web
    Text (sms)
    Phone
    Email
    Text(plain text)
    Other (URI)

Hope this helps you
    02-06-13 02:09 PM
    I know that...but my question is how intensive are the functions you can program??? Just basics or can it get down and dirty and program several things onto one tag??? I need specifics from someone with a Z10.
    NFC standard allows you to program one thing in the tag (URI).
    3rd party apps on Android (NFC Tasker, etc) and BB OS 7 (NFCShortcuts + ShortcutMe) allow you to program almost anything you want and launch it with a single NFC tag.

I have ported part of the functionality of the NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe to BB10 by creating MyProfilesPro for BB10.

With MyProfilesPro you can program a profile (set of tasks) and launch it by tapping a single NFC tag: For example when you come home, you can just tap a NFC tag at front door to set the BB10 device Volume to %80, turn Wifi On, turn Bluetooth Off (if you have used hands-free system in your car), send email to your partner that you are home, update your BBM avatar to Home icon, update your personal BBM message to �I am Home�, etc.

Mainpage of MyProfilesPro:

02-06-13 11:40 PM
    That looks good man. Where can we get it and for a newbie like myself, where can we buy the NFC tags themselves?
    02-07-13 05:10 AM
    3rd party apps on Android (NFC Tasker, etc) and BB OS 7 (NFCShortcuts + ShortcutMe) allow you to program almost anything you want and launch it with a single NFC tag.

I have ported part of the functionality of the NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe to BB10 by creating MyProfilesPro for BB10.

With MyProfilesPro you can program a profile (set of tasks) and launch it by tapping a single NFC tag: For example when you come home, you can just tap a NFC tag at front door to set the BB10 device Volume to %80, turn Wifi On, turn Bluetooth Off (if you have used hands-free system in your car), send email to your partner that you are home, update your BBM avatar to Home icon, update your personal BBM message to �I am Home�, etc.

http://shortcutme.com/screenshots/sc...P_MainPage.png

Downloading right now
    02-07-13 05:18 AM
    That looks good man. Where can we get it and for a newbie like myself, where can we buy the NFC tags themselves?
    An early version of it is available on BB World.

Just google
    "Mifare Ultralight" buy Germany
    (replace Germany with your country).

Any Mifare Ultralight or Mifare Ultralight C is fine.
    02-07-13 07:48 AM
    It would be cool if we could pass our contact information to other nfc enable devices. Is this possible with tags?
    02-07-13 07:51 AM
    Downloading right now
    Please be aware that the version of the app on BB World is an early version.
    The latest submitted version is 1.0.6, and it is waiting to get approved by BB World.
    It looks like the BB World guys are very busy after 15000 and then 17000 apps got submitted in 2 weekends alone. So, it might take some time before they can approve new versions of the apps.
    02-07-13 07:52 AM
    It would be cool if we could pass our contact information to other nfc enable devices. Is this possible with tags?
    Yes, this is possible with BB Tag, (NFC peer2peer) to share your (or any other contacts you have in your Address Book) with other NFC enabled BBs (it even works between Z10 and devices running BB OS 7+).
    JTG81 likes this.
    02-07-13 07:56 AM
    FYI:

- BB Tag is the Peer2Peer mode of the NFC standard.
    BB Tag is a default BB feature that is nicely integrated with other apps in BB10. Almost any item you select can easily be shared using NFC. If you tap another active NFC device, BB Tag kicks in and does the job. If you tap a NFC Tag, an instance (Card) of Smart Tags app kicks in and writes to NFC tag. You just need to select NFC when you share something. The rest is done seamlessly by BB 10.

- NFC Tag is a battery-less, memory- or CPU- based unit with antenna tuned at 13.56 MHz (the NFC frequency).
    JTG81 likes this.
    02-07-13 08:12 AM
    I'd like to be able to set a tag to turn bluetooth on and off in my car is this possible?
    03-26-13 09:55 PM
    I'd like to be able to set a tag to turn bluetooth on and off in my car is this possible?
    It is currently not possible to do that with default Smart Tags app on BB10.

3rd party apps like MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe can however create a tag for that and turn Bluetooth On and Off when that tag is tapped.
    03-27-13 05:49 AM
    Basically, what Vijik is trying to diplomatically say without sounding biased is if you plan on using NFC for anything useful, grab MyProfilePro and ShortCutMe 10 apps and you're good to go. I can vouch that without those apps, you will only be doing the very basics.
    03-27-13 06:06 AM

http://shortcutme.com/screenshots/sc...P_MainPage.png
    Go with this guys apps. Either one. They're the best. Built in one sucks.
    03-27-13 06:40 AM
    1 of 2 things has to happen before NFC becomes useful in my life. Either Blackberry has to add the ability to change basic settings with NFC or headless apps have to come. Would prefer the former personally.
    03-27-13 03:34 PM
    It is currently not possible to do that with default Smart Tags app on BB10.

3rd party apps like MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe can however create a tag for that and turn Bluetooth On and Off when that tag is tapped.
    Does your program allow the launch of other apps? I want to put one beside my bed so when I tap my phone it open the clock app.
    03-27-13 04:37 PM
    1 of 2 things has to happen before NFC becomes useful in my life. Either Blackberry has to add the ability to change basic settings with NFC or headless apps have to come. Would prefer the former personally.
    Changing settings with NFC tag is not part of the NFC specification. That might be why it is not added already. Still it is a good idea if it was the default feature of the BB10 OS (Proprietary solution, Not NFC standard).

NFC apps are launched with NFC tag. No need to have them running all the time as headless app.
    03-27-13 07:20 PM
    Does your program allow the launch of other apps? I want to put one beside my bed so when I tap my phone it open the clock app.
    ShortcutMe can do that (it can launch Clock, Clock-Alarm, Clock-WorldClock, Clock-StopWatch, or Clock-Timer).
    MyProfilesPro, currently can only launch Browser (a web page) or MediaPlayer.
    03-27-13 07:22 PM
    Do I need both shortcut me or my profile to program my nfc tags? Or which app is better?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:17 PM
    Do I need both shortcut me or my profile to program my nfc tags? Or which app is better?

Posted via CB10
    ShortcutMe and MyProfilesPro are able to write to NFC tags. So you don't need both to write to NFC tags.

The difference is in what a NFC tap causes to launch. In ShortcutMe a tap will launch a shortcut (usually one task until I get the macros working). In MyProfilesPro, a tap will cause a series of tasks (defined in a profile) to launch.

NFC tags made by ShortcutMe and MyProfilesPro will only work with their respective apps, and not with any other apps or with Smart Tags app.
    04-13-13 09:04 AM
    Can it unlock z10 with passcode with just one touch?
    04-13-13 10:45 AM
    Can it unlock z10 with passcode with just one touch?
    If you can program the tag to write and hit enter than of course it's all about knowing how to code it

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:49 PM
35 12