Hi all,

I have a problem (and a question) with NFC, and although these may sound like non-BB related issues, I only have two BlackBerries to test them with so for all I know it could be a BlackBerry problem.

This is the problem:
    I bought three tags a year or so ago. I wrote something to one right away and stored the other two in my car. That tag worked fine.
    Now, a year later, I dug out those two tags and tried to write to them, using the Smart Tags app.
    It seems neither my Q10 or my Z10 detect them - when I tap, there is no reaction whatsoever. I don't get an error message, it's just like I hadn't tapped anything at all. The first tag I wrote to a year ago, still works fine - so NFC itself is working on my devices.
    So what could the issue be ? Could it be a bug introduced in the latest software update ? (I have Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876 on both devices).

And I've got a bonus question:
    If I program a tag to perform an action with a BB10 phone, will devices from other platforms (I was going to say Android and iOS, but just Android actually) be able to read them? It seems to me I already tried and it didn't work, but I don't understand why.

If anyone could clear all this out for me, that would be appreciated.

Cheers !
    Chris

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 02:08 PM