Just saw that Netherlands are also opened a pre-order for BlackBerry Z10 device. And in the cons section it's written "Share files via NFC works only with other BlackBerry devices." Is it true, can someone with two NFC enabled devices check this? Thanks in advance
    02-04-13 07:06 AM
    Just saw that Netherlands are also opened a pre-order for BlackBerry Z10 device. And in the cons section it's written "Share files via NFC works only with other BlackBerry devices." Is it true, can someone with two NFC enabled devices check this? Thanks in advance
    NFC does not have a standard (yet as far as I know) to follow - so transferring with other devices can be a tricky issue since there is no protocol to follow. I've sent some things between a Windows Phone and my 9380 before, but some other things will fail. It's hit or miss depending on the platform.
    02-04-13 08:45 AM
    Which carrier ??
    02-04-13 08:47 AM
    Which carrier ??
    several of them T-Mobile, Vodafone, Tele2, etc...

BlackBerry Z10 - PDAshop.nl
    https://www.gsmwijzer.nl/blackberry-z10
    02-04-13 09:06 AM
    NFC does not have a standard (yet as far as I know) to follow - so transferring with other devices can be a tricky issue since there is no protocol to follow. I've sent some things between a Windows Phone and my 9380 before, but some other things will fail. It's hit or miss depending on the platform.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for info
    02-04-13 09:07 AM
    Any news on this. My carrier is SaskTel in Canada, and I have tried to swap pictures between my Z10 and 2 different SGIII's. I keep getting the same message: "your nfc applications do not recognize this content".
    02-08-13 09:26 PM
    And it worked for this guy:

02-08-13 09:35 PM
    And it worked for this guy:

Hmmm I wonder what he had as the settings. You tried it just like he did?
    02-08-13 09:51 PM
    Hmmm I wonder what he had as the settings. You tried it just like he did?
    I believe so. Pretty straight forward really, so I believe anyways...
    02-08-13 09:57 PM
    NOT true. Was able to use NFC sharing with Windows Phone 8, Android (ICS, didn't try lower versions) and, of course, BlackBerry 7. iOS does NOT support NFC and iPhone, iPad nor iPod Touch devices do not have built-in NFC chips.
    02-09-13 03:37 AM
    NOT true. Was able to use NFC sharing with Windows Phone 8, Android (ICS, didn't try lower versions) and, of course, BlackBerry 7. iOS does NOT support NFC and iPhone, iPad nor iPod Touch devices do not have built-in NFC chips.
    Was there anything particular in your settings. Like I said above, I get that message when I tried to share with SGIII's...
    02-09-13 07:21 AM
    OK, sorry you're getting that message. Which device is the source and which one is the receiver? Thanks.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:24 AM
    We were trying both ways. I really hope there isn't any wrong with my phone? But don't think I would be getting that message if there was.
    02-09-13 07:43 AM
    I have no problem transferring between a nexus an my Z10. I was not able to transfer between the nexus to Galaxy SIII or the Z10 and the Galaxy SIII the reason for this is that Samsung has decided to use wifi link between devices where as the nexus and Z10 use Bluetooth.
    brb321 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:12 AM
    I suspect that is because when Samsung decided to implement NFC, they made it a proprietary "S-beam" feature. It only works with other comparably equipped Samsung devices. But you could still use the regular Bluetooth file transfer.

brb321 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:34 AM
    Okay. So I'm not going crazy. Haha. Good to hear. Thanks.

02-09-13 09:41 AM
    I just transferred a pic from my Z10 to my nexus 7 via NFC without issue. You do have to make sure the devices have been paired before though cause the transfer is done over BlueTooth as was previously mentioned.

02-09-13 09:48 AM
    Just wondering, when everyone got their z10's, did they get a nfc sim card . (Rogers rep was confused on which one to give me) it was either a normal sim card or a nfc with security features on the sim card. Thought this was poor training & awareness.

02-09-13 10:41 AM
    Just wondering, when everyone got their z10's, did they get a nfc sim card . (Rogers rep was confused on which one to give me) it was either a normal sim card or a nfc with security features on the sim card. Thought this was poor training & awareness.

Is there a way to check the SIM card to determine if NFC is enabled?
    02-09-13 11:02 AM

Don't you only need a nfc sim card if your phone doesn't have nfc?

02-09-13 11:17 AM
    I have two different nexus phones running jelly bean. Nfc file transfers over Bluetooth between them and my z10 works on one nexus device, but not the other. I checked, and the nexus running version 4.1.2 works, but the one I have with 4.1.1 does not. I searched around some Android sites and there does seem to be some Nfc updates that went into the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. for everyone who got their Z10 working with Android for Nfc file transfer, are you running JB 4.1.2 or newer? when it worked with my device running 4.1.2 I didn't even need to pair them to bluetooth first!
    brb321 likes this.
    02-09-13 12:45 PM
    I didn't even need to pair them to bluetooth first!
    I think what you're saying is the NFC pairing process works and you didn't also need to do a separate, additional pairing process for Bluetooth.

My understanding is that the NFC process itself accesses the Bluetooth system directly.
    02-09-13 01:06 PM
    Don't you only need a nfc sim card if your phone doesn't have nfc?

no you need a secure NFC sim to do secure mobile payments, like pay pass with mastercard in addition to having nfc
    02-09-13 01:13 PM
    NFC should work without having to pair first. If pairing makes it work when it doesn't on its own, then that's probably a workaround for non-compliant devices.

A NFC SIM card can't replace lack of NFC hardware in your device. They're for two different purposes. Usually, a NFC SIM card will be needed for payment networks and will work even if your device is off or completely out of battery while your device's NFC hardware is more fully featured but requires your device to be on for most features to work.

02-09-13 01:16 PM
    Doesn't nfc use Bluetooth?

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 01:24 PM
32 12