Thanks for the info, and Vijik, I hope I'll be able to use your apps for this. It would be cool if they open things up for you. I stand by my belief that the phone going into Bedside Mode when placed at your bedside is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    Being able to switch to Bedside mode is definitely a good feature. We had that available in our apps on BlackBerry OS 7 but it not able to provide it on BlackBerry 10 yet.

Just to make sure I am not misunderstood: What I wrote about NFC Standards and URIs are valid for apps that are writing standard URI info on a tag. MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe are not writing standard URI info to the tag therefore tags written by those apps are not working on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    08-16-13 06:38 PM
    Thanks for the info. Your apps still seem worth it, and will be even more so if BlackBerry gives some more access to you. All that's left is waiting for the tags to ship...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:07 PM
    Hi Vijik, does your app have more functionality over the native? I bought some of the tags from amazon that big saw some people have luck with to try out this new (to me) nfc and they will not read or program.
    I am running the new 10.2 leak fyi if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:59 PM
    Hi Vijik, does your app have more functionality over the native? I bought some of the tags from amazon that big saw some people have luck with to try out this new (to me) nfc and they will not read or program.
    I am running the new 10.2 leak fyi if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    First of all if you have a tag that Smart Tags can't program, then MyProfilesPro will not be able to program it either. None standard NFC tags can't be programmed with any app on BBs.

To answer your question:

Both yes and no.
    No because the settings like Mobile Network, Wifi, Mode, and Launch App in the new Smart Tags app (BB10.2) are better and working without user intervention (if we forget the "This tags wants to do .... Do you allow that?" prompt that pops up each time you tap a tag).
    So for those settings Smart Tags is definitely better until BlackBerry gives us developers the APIs (and fix the wifi API bug) we need for those settings. Until then, I guess Smart Tags app is more functional and easy to use.

Yes because MyProfilesPro has more settings users can assign to a tag. But because of the current API limitations, you need to help the app to run the tasks after you tap a NFC tag. It is not tap-and-go as it used to be on NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe on BB OS 7.

Below you can see the main page (upper left image) of MyProfilesPro where each profile (each icon on that image) can be assigned to a NFC tag (tap a tag to launch it or launch it directly by tapping the icon).
    The other 3 images (upper right, lower right and lower left) are settings for each profile (or each NFC tag).

mopar_fxr likes this.
    08-21-13 08:14 PM
    First of all if you have a tag that Smart Tags can't program, then MyProfilesPro will not be able to program it either. None standard NFC tags can't be programmed with any app on BBs.

To answer your question:

Both yes and no.
    No because the settings like Mobile Network, Wifi, Mode, and Launch App in the new Smart Tags app (BB10.2) are better and working without user intervention (if we forget the "This tags wants to do .... Do you allow that?" prompt that pops up each time you tap a tag).
    So for those settings Smart Tags is definitely better until BlackBerry gives us developers the APIs (and fix the wifi API bug) we need for those settings. Until then, I guess Smart Tags app is more functional and easy to use.

Yes because MyProfilesPro has more settings users can assign to a tag. But because of the current API limitations, you need to help the app to run the tasks after you tap a NFC tag. It is not tap-and-go as it used to be on NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe on BB OS 7.

Below you can see the main page (upper left image) of MyProfilesPro where each profile (each icon on that image) can be assigned to a NFC tag (tap a tag to launch it or launch it directly by tapping the icon).
    The other 3 images (upper right, lower right and lower left) are settings for each profile (or each NFC tag).

http://shortcutberry.com/screenshots/mpp/mpp_all.png
    Thank you for the information. I am going to try and track down the correct tags now to try and for the honest and straight answer (plus a few different options) I will be grabbing your app as a thank you even.

Posted via CB10
    Vijik likes this.
    08-21-13 08:31 PM
    OK, got my tags in the mail and can confirm that this is fun to mess with. It's not as free as I'd hoped it would be, but with any luck, BlackBerry is going to open things up for us.

Also, I don't want to take anything away from Vijik, because if you're into this kind of thing, his apps are well worth the couple bucks they cost, but I did accidentally discover something. I'm not sure if this steps on any of his app's functionality or not, but if you open an app in BlackBerry World and tap a blank tag, it'll automatically write to the tag, and every time you tap it, it'll take you right to that app.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:40 PM
    Thank you for the information. I am going to try and track down the correct tags now to try and for the honest and straight answer (plus a few different options) I will be grabbing your app as a thank you even.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Hopefully future APIs allow me to improve MyProfilesPro through free software updates.

For the tags, I would look for tags with 400+ bytes memory so that they can be used even for future versions of Smart Tags.
    Those tags will also work with MyProfilesPro app.
    08-22-13 08:09 PM
    OK, got my tags in the mail and can confirm that this is fun to mess with. It's not as free as I'd hoped it would be, but with any luck, BlackBerry is going to open things up for us.

Also, I don't want to take anything away from Vijik, because if you're into this kind of thing, his apps are well worth the couple bucks they cost, but I did accidentally discover something. I'm not sure if this steps on any of his app's functionality or not, but if you open an app in BlackBerry World and tap a blank tag, it'll automatically write to the tag, and every time you tap it, it'll take you right to that app.

Posted via CB10
    >"It will take you right to that app"
    Do you mean it will launch that app, or it will open the app in BB World application?
    08-22-13 08:11 PM
    It opens in BlackBerry World to be purchased or downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:37 PM
    Hey guys, been trying to play around with NFC for a while now, only had luck with other BlackBerry and accessories but not sending to android/windows devices, have you tried that out?

Rocking the world with a Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725
    10-19-13 03:08 PM
85 ... 234