That is just the same developer stating the same as in here. Unless he speaks for BlackBerry it still is not official statement from BlackBerry.

Is it?
    06-17-15 11:07 PM
    What if, and that's a big WHAT IF, BlackBerry went the CyanogenMod route?
    06-17-15 11:09 PM
    That is just the same developer stating the same as in here. Unless he speaks for BlackBerry it still is not official statement from BlackBerry.

Is it?

Next BlackBerry 10 OS update will be 10.3.3 not 10.4-img_20150618_120909.png

Official BlackBerry statement Mr.Lou

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-17-15 11:10 PM

You misunderstood me, I meant an statement that said no Qt5 or further development for BB10.
    06-17-15 11:26 PM
    So what new features will be in 10.3.3?
    How's the battery life? Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-18-15 12:51 AM
    Not sure where all this negativity is coming from...

No android runtime is being removed, No its not the end of the road for BlackBerry and omw I am not leaving BlackBerry.

10.3.3 is simply a bug fixing update, giving a few new enhancements, features and as always. Giving support for some new shiny devices. EG "Venice" & "Oslo"

I think it's important that we stay positive guys, BlackBerry has said nothing about android, nor getting rid of the runtime. So I don't think we should presume anything.

Stay Possitive, Stay Humble, Love BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-18-15 01:48 AM
    Isn't the QNX is 32bit only? I mean how they can run it on Snapdragon 808 which is supposed to be in Venice.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:22 AM
    Isn't the QNX is 32bit only? I mean how they can run it on Snapdragon 808 which is supposed to be in Venice.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure there is a 64bit edition, everything has one these days
    06-18-15 02:53 AM
    I hope they don't move to android. But if they did, is there any technical reason why current phones wouldn't update to the new "android secured by BlackBerry"?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:11 AM
    I hope they don't move to android. But if they did, is there any technical reason why current phones wouldn't update to the new "android secured by BlackBerry"?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I certainly hope they don't update the older devices, Android is too laggy and it won't run well on them, the only one that can be realistically upgraded is the Passport.

Of course, I'm not entirely sure you can do an "update" of that manner. I think they would have to distribute autoloader style programs, to completely reflash the device. They would have to be updated with link at least.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-18-15 03:24 AM
    Well, I certainly hope they don't update the older devices, Android is too laggy and it won't run well on them, the only one that can be realistically upgraded is the Passport.
    Dual core devices with RAM>1GB (all BB10 devices) should do fine.
    06-18-15 04:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can run 32-bit software on a 64-bit CPU. The only problem is that 32-bit software can only natively address up to 4GB of memory. That limitation shouldn't be a problem at the moment since the Venice is only rumored to have 3GB.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 04:19 AM
    The Moto X 2013 has the same specs as the Z30 and seems to run android just fine

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:06 AM
    Not sure where all this negativity is coming from...

No android runtime is being removed, No its not the end of the road for BlackBerry and omw I am not leaving BlackBerry.

10.3.3 is simply a bug fixing update, giving a few new enhancements, features and as always. Giving support for some new shiny devices. EG "Venice" & "Oslo"

I think it's important that we stay positive guys, BlackBerry has said nothing about android, nor getting rid of the runtime. So I don't think we should presume anything.

Stay Possitive, Stay Humble, Love BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Completely true, but give people a chance to spread FUD on a forum, and they'll take it and run with it as complete fact....

Notice the number of these rumours that seem to come out during BlackBerry's period of silence before their earnings reports.
    DonTonyB likes this.
    06-18-15 12:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is a 64bit edition, everything has one these days
    I haven't seen 64bit QNX.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:32 PM
    You can run 32-bit software on a 64-bit CPU. The only problem is that 32-bit software can only natively address up to 4GB of memory. That limitation shouldn't be a problem at the moment since the Venice is only rumored to have 3GB.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I can using something like PAE. But 32bit QNX wouldn't benefit from all those 64bit instructions.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:34 PM
    10.3.3 OR 10..3.4 still the same stupid Volume Adjustment bug!
    Call App pretty slow, unresponsive and LAGGY AS HELL! I wish I could go back to 10.2.1 with restoring ALL of my data. #SadLife
    06-18-15 02:32 PM
    Heh, one can't be 100% wrong 100% of the time.

I just wish you'd make up your mind. It's either Qt5 for BB10 or Qt5 for QNX without Cascades...
    You do know that BB10 and QNX are two different products.

Qt5 on QNX is supported by Qt and has been for a while.

Digia debuts Qt 5 support for latest release of QNX operating system

Qt5 on BlackBerry 10 is no supported and dropped by BlackBerry.

[Development] Marking BB10 unsupported
    06-18-15 03:13 PM
    Where can a curious one like me check that fact? I mean documentation to read or an official statement.

Hello,

After discussing this with Bernd, who maintains the QNX platform together with
    myself, we have decided to mark the BlackBerry 10 platform unsupported.

According to BlackBerry, they are still committed to Qt4 releases, but have no
    plans for Qt5. With that in mind, and given the fact that we have limited
    resources, maintaining the BB10 port becomes an unfeasible task, and we prefer
    to focus on stock QNX, which remains unaffected by this announcement.

The plan is to keep the BB10 plugin around for now (just that we will no longer be
    officially supporting it), but eventually we plan to remove it completely from
    the Qt codebase in case no one looks after it. We will keep it around while it
    still works, but there will be no committment on keeping it working.

Kind regards,
    Rafael

When BB10 is unsupported, if a fix for QNX breaks BB10, that's
    acceptable (undesirable, of course, BB10 might come back).

"Things" should work on QNX. Whether or not it works on BB10 is not
    important.

Bugs for BB10 are basically irrelevant, QNX bugs are not.

There will be no active development on BB, QNX will be kept up to date.
    When the people writing and developing Qt 5 says that they aren't working on BlackBerry 10 anymore but are actively working on QNX, what does that tell you?
    Smitty13 likes this.
    06-18-15 03:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150618_120909.png 
Views:	1020 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	358165

And he is encouraging all major platforms. Not a ringing endorsement for the future of BlackBerry 10 when they tell programmers to target other platforms. And what does committed to mean? They were committed to the Playbook too until they were not.
    06-18-15 03:21 PM
    Wishes people would stop talking about android and just keep it On topic. 10.3.3 which is BB10 100% get it through your heads.

Never seen so many people with panties in wads about a speculation.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-18-15 03:47 PM
    This is the kind of crap that will totally kill BB. If they do android, I know a lot of people are done with them...me included. If they let this rumor fester, it's gonna hurt them big time too as companies and people say, I'll wait and see and quit buying devices. If they are moving to android in any way, BB10 is basically for all intents and purposes dead. Unless BB comes out and DEFINITIVELY denies this and gives some kind of roadmap, they're done in devices. This kind of wishy washy crap has killed more than one company in the past. If they want to stay in devices, they need to crap or get off the pot at this point in time. And judging by their past track record, I don't see nipping this anytime soon. Personally I think it might be time to say goodnight to the company that used to put out slick device. They'll still be around pushing software, but unless they get a handle on this soon, it's over for them in devices.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    06-18-15 04:07 PM
    This is the kind of crap that will totally kill BB. If they do android, I know a lot of people are done with them...me included. If they let this rumor fester, it's gonna hurt them big time too as companies and people say, I'll wait and see and quit buying devices. If they are moving to android in any way, BB10 is basically for all intents and purposes dead. Unless BB comes out and DEFINITIVELY denies this and gives some kind of roadmap, they're done in devices. This kind of wishy washy crap has killed more than one company in the past. If they want to stay in devices, they need to crap or get off the pot at this point in time. And judging by their past track record, I don't see nipping this anytime soon. Personally I think it might be time to say goodnight to the company that used to put out slick device. They'll still be around pushing software, but unless they get a handle on this soon, it's over for them in devices.
    A company with as much as uncertainly as BlackBerry has to communicate to customers to clear up any confusion. BlackBerry has not done this and is shooting themselves in the foot.
    STV0726 likes this.
    06-18-15 04:10 PM
    A company with as much as uncertainly as BlackBerry has to communicate to customers to clear up any confusion. BlackBerry has not done this and is shooting themselves in the foot.
    Fully agreed with you and the previous post.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-18-15 04:12 PM
    When the people writing and developing Qt 5 says that they aren't working on BlackBerry 10 anymore but are actively working on QNX, what does that tell you?
    While certainly not a death blow, this is definitely not something that instills confidence in me that it will be "full steam ahead" with the BlackBerry 10 OS. Speculation is of course only that, speculation; however, given that there seems to be an ever-increasing amount of talk of BlackBerry releasing a fully Android device coupled with the fact that a key component to development on the BB10 OS is not going forward, it really is making me nervous for the future.

I will wait for something more definitive to be stated before I go into panic mode, but jeez, I'm very worried at this point for the future of the BB10 OS more so than any other point in the recent past.
    06-18-15 04:30 PM
147 ... 23456