If 10.3.3 is going to be released in some months time, when do you think 10.4 is released? I really have doubts that 10.4 ever sees the light of day. 11.0 will most likely be Android based.
    hmm i see, seems like you know your stuff, i'll take your word for it.
    06-17-15 03:53 PM
    If the Venice is the Android device, it will most likely have a totally different OS naming. BBRY devices are produced based on the OS structure - "BB10 devices" or "BBOS7 devices". This makes it easier to optimize the OS when debugging and adding features.
    06-17-15 03:57 PM
    Whats the point of removing run time i think they should update it majorly because with android 5 apps the 10.3.1 find it hard collaborate easily ..
    06-17-15 04:05 PM
    We do have 10.3.2 :P
    The release already started
    for the lucky you in US yes , but Europe not yet believe me
    06-17-15 04:07 PM
    for the lucky you in US yes , but Europe not yet believe me
    I'm not in the US
    I'm in the UK
    Just saying that the roll out has started
    06-17-15 04:12 PM
    I just wont update my phone when they send out the update

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:15 PM
    10.3.3 is BB10 with the Android runtime removed.

This is necessary for OHA certification of furture BlackBerry Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    God. I would love that.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    06-17-15 04:21 PM
    I get a real kick out of all this speculation. I want, I hope ,I wish.......
    Why bother going to all the trouble to debate something that hasn't happened yet?

At least hope, wish and want something like winning the lottery so you can buy Blackberry and do whatever it is that you think you can do better!
    When do you guys ever get the chance to actually just ENJOY your device when you're on here debating all the time?

Me?? I'm here to help people with current issues! (an occasionally derail a thread!)

theotherjoeboy and maddie1128 like this.
    06-17-15 04:28 PM
    God. I would love that.
    But how many apps from BB world are actually Android ports? Two big ones (Skyppe and Viber) I know for sure that they are ports. Imagine breaking compatibility with even 20% of your own app store catalog.
    06-17-15 04:28 PM
    Nothing but speculation, but, hey, the entire move to Android is speculation too (and that include the "leaked" photo, it may merely mean that the runtime is going to be updated to Lollipop, which is great news in itself).

My source are comments from the same dev on Twitter about CopperSpice, a "fork of Qt 4.8 with some Qt 5 methods". Perfect if you are BlackBerry and need to maintain Qt 4.8 apps happy, while accelerating everything.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-17-15 05:02 PM
    Oh my god.. How the things are going here?! You are all become crazy about the rumors of Android.

BlackBerry in the first time has said in their blog the next update of BB10. This usually happens in the developer blog.

Also what prevents to BlackBerry to update their API? Nothing. If they want, they can update their API with 10.3.3, they can update to Qt 5 with 10.3.3 etc.
    I hope you are not suffering the mania of having always a new major update every year. Personally i prefer to have an OS that is stable and working.

For me, BlackBerry has sent a message to everyone. We are still committed and working on BlackBerry 10. And for now is good. Maybe a thing that they can do, is offer something to Unity for thinking again about the development of Unity3D for BB10.

NB. SDK update also is coming for supporting the Slider.
    06-17-15 05:19 PM
    The Venice has 64bit hardware. Will this be the end for all prior devices or is possible to continue BB10 development for all devices At the same time?

Also I read an interesting article bb10qnx.de about that android thing. The author wrote about the possibility of the QNX Hypervisor to run multiple OS at the same time. He speculates about switching between a secure BB10 workspace and a private android space. It nothing official, just his thoughts. But it sounds very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 06:16 PM
    No one knows what BlackBerry has planned but it is fun to speculate.

I can't recall any other time when BlackBerry telegraphed a new OS version before the current one was even widely released. I think BlackBerry wanted to show that it is still working on BB10.

10.3.1 to 10.3.2 was a pretty small update and 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 suggests another small update. So, best case scenario doesn't seem too exciting.

The smoke about Android and lack of real development on BB10 suggests to me that Android is in the future.

I think we'll know more on Tuesday.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 06:58 PM
    The Venice has 64bit hardware. Will this be the end for all prior devices or is possible to continue BB10 development for all devices At the same time?
    GNU/Linux has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, so yes, it's possible.
    ATV_Hightower likes this.
    06-17-15 07:13 PM
    hmm i see, seems like you know your stuff, i'll take your word for it.
    lol @ sirjes being funny!
    fkornre likes this.
    06-17-15 08:07 PM
    This means that BB10 is now officially at a dead end. 10.3.3 will be an update just to support the slider hardware. There will be no update to Qt5, no new features in Cascades. BB10 will continue in it's current form, but it will not be updated other than to fix bugs or support new hardware.
    Assumptions. And you know what those do.
    06-17-15 08:43 PM
    The point is that, if BB is going into an alliance with Google, under the umbrella of OHA, they'll have no choice than to remove the runtime from BB10 OS.

The real point is NOBODY said they are.

If BlackBerry decided to sell android os, BlackBerry must remove the runtime

I would like somebody with more info on this to comment. If they want to sell a FULL Android device, then there will be nothing in the hardware BUT Android, therefore no runtime to be removed. This would NOT affect BB10 devices whatsoever. Did Google ban HTC when they had both Windows Phone and Android Phones? They even had the exact same hardware selling with different platforms. C'mon guys.

I can be wrong thought, but it makes far more sense.

Not much since it is a small release.

Wrong again. 10.2.1 was a huge update in comparison to 10.2.0. Those assumptions....

Committed to BB10 means that they won't pull what they have and apply patches. If they were committed to BlackBerry 10 on a go forward basis with new features and new innovations, they wouldn't encourage developers to target all platforms. Do you see anytime that Apple will encourage developers to write for Android and Windows? Or Google telling developers to write for iOS? Nope. They are doing this as they are going to use another platform in the future. The fact that they killed Qt5 support for BB10, but have moved QNX to Qt5 without Cascades, means that BB10 has no future, but is in maintenance mode.

As for support forums, developers who want to write native apps for BB10 need to know that BlackBerry has no plans to move forward on native apps. Why shouldn't they know this?

Until BlackBerry states publicly that Qt5 support is coming to BB10 and they are new features in the native development language and tools (like charts and graphs for enterprise), the writing is the on the wall and people/businesses need to know this. BlackBerry could solve the doubt with one press release by saying that they will continue to develop the BB10 native language and tools with new features. They have been silent and elusive with anything but vague statements. What they have said a lot in the developers blog is Android, Android and more Android. What does that say.

And yet more assumption on the meaning of things.

Seriously guys. Take the wait and see stance, you're bound to gain much more than playing on the rumor mud.
    DonTonyB, undone, Flatman and 1 others like this.
    06-17-15 08:49 PM
    Assumptions. And you know what those do.
    No Qt5 for BlackBerry 10 isn't an assumption, it's a fact.
    06-17-15 09:40 PM
    Heh, one can't be 100% wrong 100% of the time.

I just wish you'd make up your mind. It's either Qt5 for BB10 or Qt5 for QNX without Cascades...
    06-17-15 09:44 PM
    Where can a curious one like me check that fact? I mean documentation to read or an official statement.
    06-17-15 10:05 PM
    The real point is NOBODY said they are.

I would like somebody with more info on this to comment. If they want to sell a FULL Android device, then there will be nothing in the hardware BUT Android, therefore no runtime to be removed. This would NOT affect BB10 devices whatsoever. Did Google ban HTC when they had both Windows Phone and Android Phones? They even had the exact same hardware selling with different platforms. C'mon guys.

Wrong again. 10.2.1 was a huge update in comparison to 10.2.0. Those assumptions....

And yet more assumption on the meaning of things.

Seriously guys. Take the wait and see stance, you're bound to gain much more than playing on the rumor mud.
    HTC windows phones didn't have an android runtime. Same would be true with BB. They can have an android phone and a BB10 phone but the BB10 phone cant have the runtime. So yes that has huge implications on BB10 in its current form
    Uzi likes this.
    06-17-15 10:13 PM

It actually goes a bit deeper than that

To get access to Play Services, you (manufacturer) have to become part of the OHA. An important rule of the OHA is you get Play Services IF you promise to deliver only the 'real' version of Android and do not create devices which run forks of Android (IE. Fire OS). The BB10 runtime therefore doesn't count as a 'real' version of Android and counts as a direct competitor to Android I guess. Which in that case would void any chance of BlackBerry's membership of the OHA.

TL;DR: They don't mind giving you access to Play Services and tolerate you creating a device running another OS, as long as it isn't an Android without Play Services

A great example is Acer and the Aliyun OS back in 2012
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/14/33...aliyun-android

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    06-17-15 10:22 PM
    Like how BlackBerry removed Flash going from 10.3 to 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    don't see how you can compare those two situations.
    06-17-15 10:27 PM
    Where can a curious one like me check that fact? I mean documentation to read or an official statement.
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...3026578/page/5

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-17-15 10:29 PM
    Wonder if it's possible to run 2 OS at the same time? Swipe down like BlackBerry Balance to switch between bb10 and android?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 11:03 PM
147 12345 ...