I'd say that the point of this thread is to foster awareness of the squircle.

Considering you were here and took the time to post a comment provides proof that it has accomplished it's goal.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | Squircle of Trust Co-Founder
    Yeah, until the OP of the thread entirely disregarded my comment and instead responded negatively towards me. All you guys want to hear is "I want the old loader back", no constructive criticism or opinions. Therefore, this is a pointless thread.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:17 PM
    Lmao, you guys are hilarious. Power to you dudes.
    The power resides in the squircle but the squircle will share with you all its power.

anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:18 PM
    Yeah, until the OP of the thread entirely disregarded my comment and instead responded negatively towards me. All you guys want to hear is "I want the old loader back", no constructive criticism or opinions. Therefore, this is a pointless thread.
    I apologize I didn't mean to discredit you.
    Please accept my sincere apology.

Q10/1443/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    08-31-13 09:19 PM
    What does the new loading screen look like anyways? I'm looking but I can't find any videos
    Here, it looks kind of plain, but it looks nice across the OS when it's moving. Minimal, but looks nice.
    The new squircle waiting room!-img_20131133.jpg
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:22 PM
    Don't believe I have said anything negative.

I did disagree with someone but within my comments gave him the respect of valuing his point of view in addition to posting my point of view.

anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:23 PM
    The squircle of change. I think it should be the standard that all want on their phones.
    anon721037 and in_loco_nomen like this.
    08-31-13 09:23 PM
    Don't believe I have said anything negative.

I did disagree with someone but within my comments gave him the respect of valuing his point of view in addition to posting my point of view.

I said the OP... not you?
    08-31-13 09:24 PM
    It's on the browser still when you go to reader mode. Lol

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-31-13 09:26 PM
    It's on the browser still when you go to reader mode. Lol

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    Because the browser isn't native Cascades coding. Instead, it HTML5 WebWorks, so they will have to individually go in and replace the .GIF, whereas for the system apps built in Cascades, they pull in the updated loader automatically from the OS itself.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:28 PM
    Here, it looks kind of plain, but it looks nice across the OS when it's going. Minimal, but looks nice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131133.jpg 
Views:	970 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	197574
    Nice is a subjective term and can not be quantitatively shown
    with systematic empirical investigation or social phenomena via statistical, mathematical or computational techniques.

In other words I don't think your boring, ugly, common, plan thing looks nice.

Last edited by in_loco_nomen; 09-03-13 at 11:13 PM.
    08-31-13 09:30 PM
    Because the browser isn't native Cascades coding. Instead, it HTML5 WebWorks, so they will have to individually go in and replace the .GIF, whereas for the system apps built in Cascades, they pull in the updated loader automatically from the OS itself.
    Um, so what, like I don't know they are still working on every thing. And who is to say they don't change it again, and again. Doesn't change the point of the thread.

anon721037 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:33 PM
    i cant believe i just read 160 posts about the loading screen

thats what happen when the gf goes out on a all girls night
    anon721037, Sarek1701 and moody like this.
    08-31-13 09:35 PM
    Show me the KB where Native is defined.

08-31-13 09:36 PM

But no one made you read it all.

I hope you had some laughs? That would be nice.

BerryWizard likes this.
    08-31-13 09:38 PM

Bet it was entertainment for you though.

Q10/1443/ Squircle of Trust member ?
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-31-13 09:38 PM
    Um, so what, like I don't know they are still working on every thing. And who is to say they don't change it again, and again. Doesn't change the point of the thread.

What in the heck are you talking about dude..? I was simply explaining to non-developers who may not know why it would be one way in the OS and a different way in the browser. I was stating a simple fact, but okay?

Show me the KB where Native is defined.

huh..?
    08-31-13 09:42 PM
    Here, it looks kind of plain, but it looks nice across the OS when it's moving. Minimal, but looks nice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131133.jpg 
Views:	970 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	197574
    Thanks. It's pretty minimal though. Does it have any progress indication, percentage or visual?

I don't think the circle really goes with the OS that well though, the OS isn't really that rounded
    08-31-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks. It's pretty minimal though. Does it have any progress indication, percentage or visual?

I don't think the circle really goes with the OS that well though, the OS isn't really that rounded
    No problem.

And no, these loading indicators will never have a progress indication, percentage, or other. There are other loading types that do that (e.g. the loading bar within the browser, etc.).

You honestly have to just see it in use, it looks nice when its spinning, and somehow it's mesmerizing even though it is quite plain and minimal. I hated it after just seeing a picture of it (as you are seeing it now). Upon installing the OS though and seeing it in action, I actually liked it a lot.
    08-31-13 09:51 PM
    What in the heck are you talking about dude..? I was simply explaining to non-developers who may not know why it would be one way in the OS and a different way in the browser. I was stating a simple fact, but okay?

huh..?
    Point to the documentation that states definitively what the term native means.
    08-31-13 09:59 PM
    I miss the Squircle, it is so fresh and so clean. Also it is different from the rest. Or maybe the berries logo flashing different berries as a loading icon.

It's hip to be Squircle
    moody likes this.
    08-31-13 10:02 PM
    No problem.

And no, these loading indicators will never have a progress indication, percentage, or other. There are other loading types that do that (e.g. the loading bar within the browser, etc.).

You honestly have to just see it in use, it looks nice when its spinning, and somehow it's mesmerizing even though it is quite plain and minimal. I hated it after just seeing a picture of it (as you are seeing it now). Upon installing the OS though and seeing it in action, I actually liked it a lot.
    I'm pretty sure I suggested that the activities and progress animation known as the squircle here could and should be updated. So your point that no suggestions were offered is possibility incorrect.
    08-31-13 10:03 PM
    I miss the Squircle, it is so fresh and so clean. Also it is different from the rest. Or maybe the berries logo flashing different berries as a loading icon.

It's hip to be Squircle
    I'm like the way you think.

The berries could live within the squircle.

Now that is truly a positive opinion and a wonderful idea.
    08-31-13 10:05 PM

huh..?
    Not to cause any undo stress to our interactions here but no one should ever take anything I say.

The whole point here is to give people a place to comment on the loading thingie.

I don't believe that this thread is intended to inform people of much more then the fact that many people like the squircle.

I would respectfully suggest starting a thread to discuss how you perceive the activities and progress animation should be handled.
    08-31-13 10:13 PM
    I propose we come up with our own variations. here's mine:

the colour of the center of the squares will fade and fill in a circular pattern

And when touched:
    Killington and moody like this.
    08-31-13 10:34 PM
    Hanging tight with 1047...cause the squircle commands it of me.
    in_loco_nomen and moody like this.
    08-31-13 10:41 PM
1,090 ... 56789 ...