Hey guys,

I finally decided to get a Q10 (was on a 9810 until now and got a Lumia 625 from work). I'm trying to substitute the Lumia as much as possible (I need it for phone number activities though). Wrote this in the BB10 part since it's mostly BB10 related I think.

I found the following issues:
    1. Custom profiles -> according to my research not possible, correct?

2. Hub unread messages -> Is it possible to change this to showing the amount of NEW messages instead of unread? I get lots of mails I dont want to open on the phone (e.g. right now I have to mark every "xy has accepted the event" in order to not show it as a new message anymore). When I'm on my BB I would like to just show it, then look at the title in the hub and because it's not new anymore it doesnt show it. If some of you have a WP, it works there this way: You open the mail app, close it and there is no more "you have messages" on the lockscreen/app icon.

3. How are you guys handling your googlemail advertisement mails (not spam but the ones you may want to look at later). I have rules filtering it to the Promotions section and would like to not get that forwarded to my BB.

4. My screen sometimes "sticks to my finger" when trying to unlock it, so it doesn't recognize the gesture and I have to lock and unlock it again. It's a bug, right?

5. When receiving a mail, having an appointment etc. my Lumia lights up the display and shows whats going on. I know the LED partly takes that function, but I would prefer it to show the information on the display (in addition to the LED, I love that dont get me wrong).

Would be awesome if there were solutions, so far I really like the phone (and the keyboard).

Thanks!
    05-07-14 02:52 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!

1. Still not possible on the latest OS version. We hope that the upcoming 10.3 OS will have these.

2. Not possible.

3. I don't have Gmail.

4. I don't quite understand this. "Sticks to my finger?"
    Last edited by Ron In Motion; 05-07-14 at 08:10 AM.
    05-07-14 07:55 AM
    4. it's a bug and it's SUPER ANNOYING.

even on the latest leak it hasn't been resolved!!!!!!!!!!!

("stick to my fingers" = you swipe up to wake, and it doens't go either down or up, it gets stuck in the middle, wherever you put your finger, so it doesn't unlock nor shuts down the screen)

is that what it is right Sebastian?

It happens quite rarely, but when it does it's super annoying, and you need to press the power button to restore it.
    05-07-14 08:03 AM
    4. it's a bug and it's SUPER ANNOYING.

even on the latest leak it hasn't been resolved!!!!!!!!!!!

("stick to my fingers" = you swipe up to wake, and it doens't go either down or up, it gets stuck in the middle, wherever you put your finger, so it doesn't unlock nor shuts down the screen)

is that what it is right Sebastian?

It happens quite rarely, but when it does it's super annoying, and you need to press the power button to restore it.
    I see. This has never happened to me, though.
    05-07-14 08:09 AM
    Thanks for your replies guys. Too bad Hub cannot be modified to only show "new" items

So far I really like the Q10, was off the grid for around 12 hours and still had ~30% left. At 20% I dropped in the battery from the Q10 charger pack and was full again (and at the same time I hope not all my days will be so long). My Lumia dropped ~10% today, I used it to look up the time and see if I missed a phone call a few times and that's it. Finally I see my phone as a way to communicate, the Lumia was just a device to "display" mails, with the physical keyboard I don't hesitate to answer them from the phone (even when the laptop is just a grab away in the bag). Maybe some people can type blindly on SW Keyboards, I can't (and looking on how the others type with their androids, most of them can't as well).

Tomsobon exactly described my issue, thought it was a bug but who knows, some things look like a bug and are just a (not correctly used and understood from my side) feature.

Another issue I found: I'm trying to use 2 whatsapps at the same time, installed the APK and everything is running fine but the only way to mute the Android APK is to turn sounds off in the App (and the LED doesn't work). It's not possible to change the notification sound and the APK WA is not shown as an application. Is there a way to control APK WA with the phone profiles? And yes I know, BBM would be the correct way but I got a group chat with 20+ people on my work number and would really like to get rid of my work phone as much as possible.

Greetings,
    Sebastian.
    05-07-14 06:23 PM