Question about autoloaders and debrick files:

I recently learned that if you have a debrick file and radio for a particular device, you can extract apps from the debrick file, then put the apps and debrick file and radio in the same folder, and nondestructively upgrade the OS, knowing that the process will take quite a while because of the size of the debrick file (even though all you want from it is the Core OS).

If this is true, then if you have nothing but an autoloader for a particular device, I assume you can extract the debrick file and radio from the autoloader with Sachesi and go through the above process.

And if all this is true, why is everyone always waiting for the core OS if they already have the device-specific debrick file and radio? It would then seem to be a matter only of whether you wanted to do a nondestructive upgrade or a destructive autoload, which is another matter entirely.

What am I missing here?
    moody likes this.
    06-16-15 10:56 AM
    I'm a tad confused - now that BB10 doesn't use BIS but rather uses network data, do the BB features work, like BB Protect and Appworld and Travel etc? How is the connection made back to RIM, so to speak?
    There is this thing called 'the Internet' that goes through 'mobile data' and connects to Blackberry's servers... Never mind, just trying to be funny

The NOC is all but a thing of the past, and carriers have dropped legacy support, and fees, for BIS. It all goes now through your data allowance. It's quite good this tradeoff, downloading is way faster in BBOS 10. Jump in and get a BB10!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-16-15 11:02 AM

I recently learned that if you have a debrick file and radio for a particular device, you can extract apps from the debrick file, then put the apps and debrick file and radio in the same folder, and nondestructively upgrade the OS, knowing that the process will take quite a while because of the size of the debrick file (even though all you want from it is the Core OS).

If this is true, then if you have nothing but an autoloader for a particular device, I assume you can extract the debrick file and radio from the autoloader with Sachesi and go through the above process.

And if all this is true, why is everyone always waiting for the core OS if they already have the device-specific debrick file and radio? It would then seem to be a matter only of whether you wanted to do a nondestructive upgrade or a destructive autoload, which is another matter entirely.

What am I missing here?
    You can't get core OS from debrick. Only apps. You will still need core OS along with radio in order to update your device non-destructive-ly.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    moody likes this.
    06-16-15 11:13 AM

What am I missing here?
    Yes, you only need the debrick, and radio to fashion what you need to do a non-destructive update as you describe. BUT the debrick must come in bar form, or it can't be used that way.

Typically when an autoloader is leaked by itself, the debrick is not in bar form.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    moody, bungaboy, gfondeur and 1 others like this.
    06-16-15 11:21 AM
    Yes, you only need the debrick, and radio to fashion what you need to do a non-destructive update as you describe. BUT the debrick must come in bar form, or it can't be used that way.

Typically when an autoloader is leaked by itself, the debrick is not in bar form.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    Aha! That makes sense. I knew it was too good to be true, and that something was missing in my understanding of it. Thanks.
    moody likes this.
    06-16-15 11:30 AM
    thanks for that link, but I'm trying to work out how to access all my BB features now that I have to use ISP data and not BIS. Features like BB Protect, and Travel and BB App World etc.

So how do you with BB 10 access all the BB stuff?
    Your BBID will take care of that for you, so to speak.
    So, be sure to note/remind it (and password) before you move to BB10 and all will be fine, including fee saving

The NOC is all but a thing of the past
    ["NOC" is usually an abusive expression, so let's pretend it's "BlackBerry proprietary Network"]
    Only for consumers.
    Still used for BES enabled devices and (will be) for "connected objects" aka IoT.
    Far from being a thing of the past, if you ask me

P.S: And sorry for the double OT.
    06-16-15 11:45 AM
    You can't get core OS from debrick. Only apps. You will still need core OS along with radio in order to update your device non-destructive-ly.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Actually a debrick bar file will behave identically to a core file as far as Sachesi is concerned. It will, however, take a lot longer to install, and take (I think) more temporary space on the device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    jdesignz likes this.
    06-16-15 11:48 AM
    Actually a debrick bar file will behave identically to a core file as far as Sachesi is concerned. It will, however, take a lot longer to install, and take (I think) more temporary space on the device.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    This is actually incorrect, if you sachesi a debrick, the core OS will not be updated, only the apps
    And the post above was correct, you can't extract core OS from debrick either

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:37 PM
    *coffee time*
    06-16-15 12:42 PM
    This is actually incorrect, if you sachesi a debrick, the core OS will not be updated, only the apps

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was just the opposite. I understood that if you Sachesi a debrick file (in bar form, as Conite said), you /do/ get the core OS, but not the apps, installed. You have to first extract the apps from the debrick bar and then put the apps, the debrick bar, and the radio into the same folder.
    06-16-15 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have updated my Z10, successfully, through Sachesi using the app bars, a debrick bar and a radio bar. So it is possible to use this method. In fact that is how I moved to 10.3.2.680 from 10.3.1.
    06-16-15 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have to disagree. I've done it several times. I'm talking about a debrick in bar form. No apps will be installed either - it will behave identically to a core file.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    KenV54, Paul86, moody and 2 others like this.
    06-16-15 12:56 PM
    Conite is correct. And so is KenV54, now. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    06-16-15 01:03 PM
    So you can and he can and you agree and he disagree

What about new os 10.3.2.2252

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-16-15 03:22 PM
    I have to disagree. I've done it several times. I'm talking about a debrick in bar form. No apps will be installed either - it will behave identically to a core file.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    And this is how I did the update to 10.3.2 without having a core OS.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    06-16-15 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll clarify. I disagree with masterscarhead1.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and moody like this.
    06-16-15 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, it's actually the opposite. Only the Core OS will be updated. The whole point of splitting the debrick is to extract the apps so one can load them.

Please consider: If one could get the apps without first extracting them from the debrick, then all one would do is to just combine the debrick, the core OS and the radio in one folder and load it into the phone as is.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:58 PM
    Masterscarhead, Darcy has already clarified this for us. Conite and kenv54 and tdyhedge are correct.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    tdyhedge, Carjackd, moody and 2 others like this.
    06-16-15 05:13 PM
    Masterscarhead, Darcy has already clarified this for us. Conite and kenv54 and tdyhedge are correct.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Correct. Debrick bar acts as core only when side loaded. The entire user partition (apps) is not in a usable format for side loading and is set to be ignored. The apps are only relevant when used in an autoloader.

And to elaborate on another point... an autoloader is made from the signed files which are part of the bar files. So when you split the autoloader you get signed files out of it and you're missing the signature info required to turn that back to a bar file. That's why you can't turn an autoloader containing a debrick into a non-destructive update.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, moody, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    06-16-15 05:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think dark hub
    06-16-15 10:33 PM
    waiting Debrick
    I'm waiting to be spoon fed an autoloader, answers to all my questions and fixes for all my issues.
    Blacklatino, tdyhedge and gfondeur like this.
    06-16-15 10:55 PM
    Attachment 357839

Just updating by OTA from Z30 in Vietnam
    Hi, what carrier you are on? Vinaphone/Viettel or Mobifone?

Thanks
    06-16-15 11:43 PM
    Hi, what carrier you are on? Vinaphone/Viettel or Mobifone?

Thanks
    Please view this link for more details: OS 10.3.2.2252 v?a ???c c?p nh?t cho Z30 NFS ? VN - Nh� m?ng Mobifone #BBVietnam

Until now, somebody in VN confirmed that they received the OTA update for Z30 (Mobifone, Viettel), Q10 (Viettel) and Passport.
    06-16-15 11:58 PM
    OS 10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168

Device BlackBerry Leap

Not available links from BlackBerry server
    Vo a ya dumal v Russii i zabili pro BlackBerry ) a tut esho i obnovleniya ))

I thought they completely forgot about BlackBerry in Russia ))

Posted via CB10 on the  Q10 with OS 10.3.2.304
    06-17-15 12:02 AM
    I'm waiting to be spoon fed an autoloader, answers to all my questions and fixes for all my issues.
    I can feed you something, answer your questions, but fix all your issues?? Fuhgeddaboudit...

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    06-17-15 12:31 AM
89 1234