Let me start by saying that the new B10 OS update is good but for some reason my battery life is draining a hell of a lot quicker that it did before! I'm not using my Q10 any different than I did before so can someone give me any help or tips on why my battery is now draining quicker than it did before after updating to the new OS??? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:58 PM
    Maybe it still has to settle in? Try working out which processes use the most battery power from the new device monitor.

My Z30 has massive improvement in battery life ever since I upgraded. Had Radio 1926 before and that was draining my device like crazy but now with 1899 it's all good.
    01-30-14 02:01 PM
    Let it settle for 24-48 hrs. Things shifting around, you're likely playing with it a bit more, stuff still syncing etc etc.
    zclash likes this.
    Simply turn off push notification of all Email Account you got. set them to 15min. Yes you're going to have delay in your emails.. but you'll gain twice has much battery life ! PIM was the service using 50% of my battery usage.. now it's 5% average !
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    Like donzi said: new OS needs to settle. battery drain is very normal in the first days.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:02 PM
    I have 3 push email accounts and PM averages around 2.2%. Push email has never been the battery drain for me but understand it has been for some. Push email should never be a drain so those experiencing this must be hitting some kind of bug. I don't use Gmail but have 2 iutlook.com and 1 ms exchange. Definitely for those with high battery drain on pim with push email should consider polling instead. Although personally I would dig into it more if I were experiencing that as it just isn't right and shouldn't be happening but for some it is.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the replies I'm using my BlackBerry 10 just like I did before I upgraded to the new OS. I don't think my emails have anything to do with battery draining quicker than normal???
    Anyway I will give it a few days and see how it goes. If it's still a drainer then I may have to revert back to the older OS.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-30-14 02:58 PM
    Hi the push Problem is solved since 10.2. I use 10.2.1 for some time. I mentioned a higher Battery drain too but only little higher.
    So points what can be some reasons:
    - For me the Link wasn't off. It has been off in the settings but still active. Switch it on and off again.
    - Reinstall all email accounts (sometimes the update leads to problems with the "old" accounts.
    - Check if the right Network is still choosen. Sometimes they are changed while update
    - Check which app leads to high drainage ( for me it's the display, system and than pin)
    01-30-14 03:13 PM
    well i have now the os 10.2.1 for more than 48 hrs and still draining battery draining. never runned a leak ... but sideloaded and have .apk files running seeing my system usage the system is taking PIM 5.4 percent. System 1.4 percent.. 5 minutes ago i was at 70 know im at 67 percent draining too quickly ... Any update soon ?
    01-30-14 04:14 PM
    So, I'm on the same situation here... I have a Z10 and is working better than ever! Battery live is even better than on previous OS (official and leaked) so I'm really happy with the update BUT my girl's Q10 is working upside down. First of all, battery life totally sucks... it only lasts for 4 or 5 hours and then: DEAD. The battery is really overheating (A LOT) and the overall speed of the OS is really really slow. BBM and Whatsapp are working really bad (she writes a message, hits enter and it takes a few seconds -yes, few seconds- to show the message on the chat window). I know that I have to wait since I had this same situation with legacy devices but since on my Z10 is working awesome and on her Q10 is all the contrary I'm starting to worry that is not this 24/48 hs settling time... any idea/advice on this matter?
    01-30-14 08:28 PM
    I changed the radio out for .1056
    And running like a champ! but yes 1st few days was not great apps loading syncing it'll get better

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:36 PM
    Updated can get hung up, like any Internet/OTA/transfer issue.

From your description, it sounds like an app is getting hung up and not completing a process.

I'd the troubleshooting mentioned above fails to find the problem, might want to try reinstalling the update.
    01-30-14 08:36 PM
    Hi ! I am having the same problem with my Z10. I have to charge my Blackberry twice a day now. TWICE !!! A full charge will usually last me 48 hours with normal usage. I've had the 10.2.1 for 48 hrs now, tomorrow will be the third day. I hope it settles in quick.

*also, everything is just SLOW now. It's taking time to open emails, text messages, whatsapp chats, facebook and twitter. If I reply to any of my messages, it takes about 5-7 seconds for it to send and appear on the window. NORMAL? I need a fix.
    Kenyoninho likes this.
    01-30-14 09:03 PM
    How can i change my radio to 1926 ?
    01-30-14 09:22 PM
    I'm on day three also and I have noticed everything is laggy also. System is still using a lot of cpu 24/7 and device monitor let's me know my full charge is only estimated to last 3 hours. I have no clue what's wrong I have never had my BlackBerry do this

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:41 PM
    It'll pass be patient

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:20 PM
    Have you turned it off and on
    01-30-14 10:23 PM
    I had this too. Please read this:

Battery drain after installing 10.2
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9930746

You ll need to reinstall the OS.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:18 PM
    Countless threads about the battery.
    But, you don't think twice about buying a twelve pack of AA batteries for your other needs.( and not even the rechargeable kind)
    And, when they need to be replaced you just THROW them away.

So, why the big fuss over your mobile device Rechargeable battery?
    You keep back up batteries for everything else.

Get a back up one for your device. It's more productive than complaining !
    Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Calling a poster out for stating a problem he is having? "Get a back up". lol. That's your solution?

The guy not only has a right to complain but it's a potentially positive thing to let others and Blackberry know what's going on. I am experiencing similar battery drain issues. Not sure what the problem is. Not currently running any android apps.

It has settled down a little bit since the update so I'm hopeful after a few more days it'll be better. But the radio/wifi drops issue is certainly significant. Perhaps that is where the problem lies? I'm going to try a different radio file and see if it makes a difference with the wifi drops and /or battery life.
    Kenyoninho, kbz1960 and wincyUt like this.
    01-31-14 12:35 AM
    Having done a bunch of leaks, and all the associated reading from those who went before me, I found that one needs to do a hard reset, especially if the battery is getting too warm. If that does not fix the problem, try reloading the update. I have never had to spend more than 24 hours with poor battery specs. For example, on the leak, and now on the official 10.2.1, I get upwards of a day in standby, with my bluetooth on, for my pebble. I almost always get at least 12 to 14 hours when surfing, and normal calling (not high volumes unlike others) on my Z 10
    01-31-14 12:49 AM
    I'm not really noticing a battery drain issue on my z30, seems same or maybe a bit better. But maybe in a few days that will change

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:50 AM
    it takes a few days to settle out. It will improve. Its a problem but only a short term one. I had the same issue when i installed the leak but it started to get better and now the battery life is actually better then before i installed anything new to the OS.
    01-31-14 01:01 AM
    its the radio you might want to change it. This is an issue that seems to happen with the Z10 for some reason. Go to radio 1899 or 1259 but the newest one seems to have issues. Other then that the OS Rocks. Rock solid for sure. Cant say enough good things about the leak.
    01-31-14 01:04 AM
    Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Calling a poster out for stating a problem he is having? "Get a back up". lol. That's your solution?

The guy not only has a right to complain but it's a potentially positive thing to let others and Blackberry know what's going on. I am experiencing similar battery drain issues. Not sure what the problem is. Not currently running any android apps.

It has settled down a little bit since the update so I'm hopeful after a few more days it'll be better. But the radio/wifi drops issue is certainly significant. Perhaps that is where the problem lies? I'm going to try a different radio file and see if it makes a difference with the wifi drops and /or battery life.
    I wasn't commenting about the OP! I was talking in general about batteries!
    Sorry I didn't make that clear!

MY solution to the battery problem was to upgrade from the 1800mAh battery that came with the device and was fine for older, less power consuming OS's, to a 3800mAh
    battery for the more demanding new OS!

As for complaining,You'll get no argument from me. Complain all you want for all the good it does.

I'll stick with looking for positive solutions!

01-31-14 01:15 AM
    My battery drain is due to PIM Services getting hung up. After the phone gets too hot to touch I have to pull the battery and when I check Accounts it says my emails are disconnected.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:47 AM
58 123