I really miss being able to write paragraphs especially in BBM and texts as Sometimes I need to send "professional" messages to clients in texts / BBM but I can't as the new line isn't available unless you are composing an email or Facebook message or post or Posting on forums like CB .

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:05 PM
    I really miss being able to write paragraphs especially in BBM and texts as Sometimes I need to send "professional" messages to clients in texts / BBM but I can't as the new line isn't available unless you are composing an email or Facebook message or post or Posting on forums like CB .

Posted via CB10
    I agree! This is kinda an oversight by BlackBerry. The only choice we have is to send individual bbms when we change ideas instead of making a new paragraph. In email you can double space I believe. In bbm I don't believe you can. In posts you are able to double space as well.

About the best we can do right now. I haven't found any other way to create actual paragraphs. If someone knows of a way, maybe they will post for us.

What about typing in a memo pad note and then copy and pasting??
    05-28-13 02:24 PM
    Take a look at this thread. That solution works.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bm-sms-782103/
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-28-13 02:36 PM
    Great tip!!! I hope the OP can try it and make it work.

Thanks for your info!!!

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    05-28-13 02:50 PM
    try this one if you have 10.1. autotext / word substituion support break line now. better the old workaround that use space until it visually look like you enter a new line, that will make you use more sms (money, if you doesnt have unlimited text plan), because it use lots of space character to enter new line.
    05-29-13 01:25 AM
    shift+enter makes a new line.
    05-29-13 03:54 AM
    shift+enter makes a new line.
    Not on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    wertzius likes this.
    05-29-13 04:01 AM
    Turns out BlackBerry have fixed it. Shift send ads a new line

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:03 AM
    Not on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    It
    Does
    Work
    On
    My
    Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:40 AM
    try this one if you have 10.1. autotext / word substituion support break line now. better the old workaround that use space until it visually look like you enter a new line, that will make you use more sms (money, if you doesnt have unlimited text plan), because it use lots of space character to enter new line.
    If you are going to use Word Substitution anyway, why not use newline(enter key) as a substitution itself rather than the spaces. It won't even increase the size of your message.
    I tried it and it works like a charm. I added a shortcut in word substitution, in Original Word field, I preferred nl (NewLine), you can use whatever suits you. And in New Word or Phrase field, i just hit the enter key. Thats it. It will work in any app.

Just type nl and hit space and it feeds the newline.

Also remember to uncheck the Always use this capitalisation option while creating the shortcut.
    -from my Z10
    12-01-13 01:06 PM