Fixed... Written in Ukrainian it is: Українська

Mobile providers in Ukraine have sold BlackBerry devices for a quite a while now. It is a big market (country of 48 million), but BB is the only platform without Ukrainian-language support on smartphones. Many ppl are asking for *just* input capability not entire OS translated, which wouldn't take that much of an effort to do, but still not happening.

That's the one thing that I've found to be an issue. BB doesn't seem to distinguish input language from language of the OS, hence "language of input" should be just that.

Strange implementation on BB's part...
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I only have English installed, and this appears to be some kind of built in support.

New languages in 10.3.1?-img_20141117_111443.png

Yes, I fully understand this isn't the support you're looking for.
    11-17-14 11:18 AM
    Yes, bbry is still in the middle ages.
    I can agry, that Baltic States, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Hungary, Armenia, Georgia, etc are not targets bbry interested in, but let's face the truth, Android since 1.6 version had support of mentioned languages, even win mobile v6.x had those languages support.
    Strange and sad.
    Wishing bbry all the best, great phone they are building, let's change the attitude as well.
    Regards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-25-14 01:50 AM
    I think what Blackberry should do is, make language packs for all the possible Indian languages and make it available online. An one wanting extra language support apart from the one that come pre installed, should pay a little price and get the language pack downloaded from blackberry site on to their phone.

They should do that with all languages of other regions of the world also.

This will generate extra cash for Blackberry.
    RexdaleNap likes this.
    12-03-14 06:20 PM
    There have been requests for Ukrainian-language input since the days of the PlayBook... RIM/BB has never responded to any request or otherwise shown any indication that would indicate them adding Ukrainian or Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian, etc... They do find time and effort to add obscure languages though...

Posted via CB10
    I guess it is part of marketing strategy. BlackBerry added two local dialects Basa Sunda and Basa Jawa for Indonesia when they launched Z3. This would have been a small effort for BlackBerry since those two local tribes had abandoned the cursive alphabet and only using English alphabet now. Not much developer works.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-03-14 10:05 PM
    Just FYI BB10 supports Hungarian language since day1 except BlackBerry assistant (10.3), which - unfortunately - isn't available in Hungarian at the moment. (although voice input in 10.3.1 also working).
    12-03-14 11:48 PM
    Well, I wouldn't compare Ukrainian to Baltic countries languages (don't think I'm a fascist or so), but Ukraine is a country if 48 mln. people, just FYI
    And the thing is that Ukrainian alphabet is unique one, so to type in it properly, you'd need, for example, to open browser on some ukr.page then find a letter you need copy-paste it and voila! That's annoying, really.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:04 AM
    I just cant allow myself to accept any arguments about marketing, targeting etc.

To add an input language, you don't need to do it from scratch. I mean, that most of missing languages in BB10 are present in BBOS! Does it need adoption/reimplementation for new OS - yes, does it need a huge amount of time - doubt so. (FYI, I'm a developer myself, and I know, that there are no "easy" tasks, but still...)

In Baltic States (Latvia and Lithuania) we have a service provider called Bite. I know, that the owner of this company somehow connected to Canada and was always a fan of BlackBerry. Even more, he started his company with BlackBerry devices. When BB10 launched, this company was selling Z10 and Q10, but tell me please, who will buy these devices with no native input languages? So now it is only old BBOS devises that are left in stock.

I work in an international company (about 20k employees). It uses iOS and Android devices as a company phones. Why? Because these devices are suited for all employees, regardless of their native language.

All my colleagues are excited, when I show them my BB10 phones, but as soon as I tell them, there are no Latvian input, they instantly go "Oh... (facepalm)"...

Nothing more can be said here...

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 05:57 AM
    I live in Asia, in Laos to be exact. BlackBerry OS10 has partial support for displaying Lao characters, but no input for Lao is available. Also I can not choose Laos as my region. I am still on 10.3.0 but hope that at least the whole OS and apps can display Lao in 10.3.1. Having said that, android officially supports Lao since kitkat, and Windows phone and iOS not much sooner.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:49 AM
    Bb10 doesn't have Punjabi, which has few 100m speaker Idk let them focus on few lang and be profitable.

Would love keyboard in my language, so I never have to use english again.

Physical, keyboard.
    01-28-15 08:13 PM
34 12