Hello, unknowingly to my wife, I bought her a Z30 and I would like to get some things cleared up before I walk her through the device.

when she adds a contact on her phone, will that contact sync with her Gmail account or Outlook, if she switches?

Is there a way for her and I to share a calendar, where entries made on one of our phones can be viewed on both? (without meeting invites)

where can she BUY movies or TV shows to watch during her bus rides to and from work?

How do you create an album with pictures on your phone?

Thanks all!

Posted by Me.
    01-01-15 09:01 AM
    I can't answer all of your questions but I can answer a couple.

- outlook has better sync than Gmail free. If you have Gmail paid then it works great.

- TV shows can be moved from your computer to your device /sd card like a USB flash drive. Movies will do the same.

Since you are starting from scratch I would download and install OS 10.3.1.1949. It is a leak, but is fine for a daily driver.

- you can do a shared calendar in BBM, just setup a group and add her to it. Then you can use that for family events / planning, etc.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (Telus)
    01-01-15 09:42 AM
    Hello, unknowingly to my wife, I bought her a Z30 and I would like to get some things cleared up before I walk her through the device.

• when she adds a contact on her phone, will that contact sync with her Gmail account or Outlook, if she switches?

• Is there a way for her and I to share a calendar, where entries made on one of our phones can be viewed on both? (without meeting invites)

• where can she BUY movies or TV shows to watch during her bus rides to and from work?

How do you create an album with pictures on your phone?

Thanks all!

Posted by Me.
    for this one, when you take a pic or series of pics from the camera app. You get out of it then you go to pics app choose a pic tap and hold until a check mark appear then select move after you can create a new album.
    01-01-15 09:58 AM
    Thank you very much.

I have just a couple of questions/points.

We use ITunes to buy the movies and videos, however they need to be converted. Is there a good source requiring no file conversion?

Also the BBM calendar is a good idea, thank you, however I was hoping to have only one calendar app that she needed to view (the main app).

Posted by Me.
    01-01-15 10:01 AM
    I tried the picture app create album and it didn't work, OS 10.2.xxxx.

Posted by Me.
    01-01-15 10:06 AM
    Thank you very much.

I have just a couple of questions/points.

We use ITunes to buy the movies and videos, however they need to be converted. Is there a good source requiring no file conversion?

Also the BBM calendar is a good idea, thank you, however I was hoping to have only one calendar app that she needed to view (the main app).

Posted by Me.
    when i bought my z 30 , i plugged it into puter then it set up link and from the set up i did choose to the itune for music and it did send all the music onto the phone. I don't exactly remember what happen but i think the conversion was automatic.

i guess you have to check it out.

or plug you phone to the puter and use the drag and drop from Itunes to phone, work that way too. I believe like I said it has been so long
    01-01-15 10:07 AM
    By adding Gmail or Outlook account you can sync contacts and calendar entries with these services. So if you configure those accounts on a different device as well, you can share the data, including calendar entries (you can choose whether you want to sync mail, contact or calendar in each device).

So for example you could configure outlook on Z30 to sync contacts and calendar and on a second device just the calendar on the same account. This way you will achieve the thing you want.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-01-15 10:08 AM