Hey all. I just purchased my first blackberry device, a Q10. Although it is taking some getting used to, I love having a physical keyboard. Also, I'm impressed by how smooth the OS is considering the hardware isn't exactly bleeding edge. You really see the benefit of optimizing an OS for specific hardware.

I'm still using my old WP until I've learned how to use my blackberry as there are a few things I'd like to get an understanding of first, and hoping you people could help me out.

1) Are contacts backed up to the cloud?
    2) Is there a windows program I can use to manage contacts, and then have it sync with my phone so I don't have to type everything on my phone?
    3) Why does the crackberry app want access to BBM?
    08-24-14 04:46 AM
    1. You can back up to any number of cloud services which support CardDAV (eg fruux, Gmail) and/or ActiveSync (eg Horde, Outlook). Or store them locally in device memory or on your SIM or any combination of the aforementioned (you can store contacts to multiple services/locations at the same time).

3. To promote CrackBerry to your BBM contacts. FYI, the permission is not mandatory and can be unselected.
    Last edited by adamlau; 08-24-14 at 06:18 AM.
    08-24-14 05:08 AM
    Hey all. I just purchased my first blackberry device, a Q10. Although it is taking some getting used to, I love having a physical keyboard. Also, I'm impressed by how smooth the OS is considering the hardware isn't exactly bleeding edge. You really see the benefit of optimizing an OS for specific hardware.

I'm still using my old WP until I've learned how to use my blackberry as there are a few things I'd like to get an understanding of first, and hoping you people could help me out.

1) Are contacts backed up to the cloud?
    2) Is there a windows program I can use to manage contacts, and then have it sync with my phone so I don't have to type everything on my phone?
    3) Why does the crackberry app want access to BBM?
    1.Yes u can use ur email account like gmail or apps like in touch app for bacup to cloud
    2.u can use intouch app to syn contacts from any device

@dazlr
    08-24-14 05:10 AM
    1) yes you can, Dropbox, Gmail, etc!
    2) why not use BlackBerry Link or there is sachesi! Search this website for info!
    3) there is a section of apps called built for BlackBerry apps! These apps get their certificate by syncing bbm etc!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:34 AM