I've noticed this week some BBM issues. When someone on android send a pic to a group, the people with BB10 cant see the picture, and we get a link that tell us to go there, when we go there, it tells us to upgrade to android.

So pictures go through in 1 on 1 chats, but not groups.

Anyone seen this issue?
    11-04-18 10:09 PM
    I've noticed this week some BBM issues. When someone on android send a pic to a group, the people with BB10 cant see the picture, and we get a link that tell us to go there, when we go there, it tells us to upgrade to android.

So pictures go through in 1 on 1 chats, but not groups.

Anyone seen this issue?
    Yeah, that happens to everyone using BlackBerry OS 10. It's black berry's way of saying "you're using an old version of BBM on an old BlackBerry software, update now!" if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    11-04-18 10:16 PM
    With the way the licensing deal with Emtek and BBM works for BlackBerry Ltd, there are some changes that have recently occurred.

Emtek is the company tasked with getting some revenue from the BBM platform on Android and since they are a different company, they have a different business model.

BBM on BlackBerry 10 is a different messaging platform where the messages for security purposes are run through BlackBerry's network.

Your issues might be as a result of some of these changes below.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2018/...bb10-and-bbos/

We don't know how much longer BBM on BB10 has left in terms of usage past 2020.

Either way, good luck

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 02:17 PM
    have they given an exact date as to when BBM will die fully on BB10?
    11-05-18 05:12 PM
    have they given an exact date as to when BBM will die fully on BB10?

I don't think there is a definite date set in stone as to when BBM on BB10 will stop working. The official statement from BlackBerry is that official support in terms of critical security updates, BlackBerry App store and BlackBerry OS network access will remain until the last day in 2019.

I am sure we will be given another update here sometime in December or January as to what the official situation will be in terms of functionality of BlackBerry 10 devices for the remaining year will be.

I think the biggest factor will be the amount of corporate, government usage and how many BBOS devices are still in use. BBOS is generating $40+ million a year in high margin revenue for BlackBerry but is quickly dropping. They will have a better idea as to how many will be around in 2019 when they get to that point and if it's still materially important for them to extend network access or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 05:32 PM