Hello,

I am completely new to BB10 so bare with me!

-I am guessing BBID is the new way to have an account or do you login with BIS (If there are logins/accounts for that?)

-How are the Amazon Prime apps on BB10 device?

-For anyone who came from an iPhone to BB10, is there any process you need to do to make sure texts are still not trying to send through iMessage?

-Not exactly sure how BBM works, but is it based on your device or over the cloud? Does it tie into your BBID? What all is stored in your BBID, assuming it is like an AppleID.

-Lastly, very interested in Blackberry Blend for my work computer. Assuming I have permission to download it, how exactly does it work? Are your texts, emails, bbm, etc. all stored on the computer in a file? Do texts for example, show up instantly on your device, as well as computer?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks ahead of time for any answers!
    01-28-16 09:30 PM
    -For anyone who came from an iPhone to BB10, is there any process you need to do to make sure texts are still not trying to send through iMessage?
    Consult this page: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    01-28-16 09:47 PM
    -I am guessing BBID is the new way to have an account or do you login with BIS (If there are logins/accounts for that?)
    Who told you something about BIS? There's no BIS anymore on BB10 devices. That's why you don't need to buy the BIS option anymore from your provider. The BBID is just the way to identify your device uniquely for BB, especially for buying apps in BB World.
    Don't understand that question. There is no iMessage anywhere. Text messages are sent through BB's own Hub.
    -Not exactly sure how BBM works, but is it based on your device or over the cloud? Does it tie into your BBID? What all is stored in your BBID, assuming it is like an AppleID.
    Yes, take BBID as similar to the Apple ID. But there are no personal informations (contacts, calendar events, messages, files) stored on any servers and synchronized with that ID. The BBID is not a key to a cloud service. One thing which is stored related to your BBID is the way you pay for apps, your payment option.

BBM ist something else. It's a messenger. Not related to a cloud. You can send and receive messages to people or groups of people. This is not related to the BBID. Instead everyone has a unique so called BB PIN, a number containing eight digits and letters you can't change, additionally to the telephone number. This PIN is in your settings, look at the Info page (at the bottom of the settings list) and select the Hardware category. That's why people are sharing their PINs here.
    01-29-16 12:35 AM
    Hello,

I am completely new to BB10 so bare with me!

-How are the Amazon Prime apps on BB10 device?

-Lastly, very interested in Blackberry Blend for my work computer. Assuming I have permission to download it, how exactly does it work? Are your texts, emails, bbm, etc. all stored on the computer in a file? Do texts for example, show up instantly on your device, as well as computer?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks ahead of time for any answers!
    BlackBerry Blend allows you to view on your computer, all the files, texts, emails, pictures, videos, etc that are on your phone. If you are working on your computer with Blend open, you can read and respond to those texts and emails immediately when they appear on your phone. Nothing is stored on the computer. It's all stored on the phone. However, you will probably need permission from your IT department to install and use it.

BBM is an instant messaging service. You can send and receive messages from anyone who has BBM downloaded on any platform. It's available everywhere. But you can only send and receive video messages with someone who has a BlackBerry device Video messaging is not available cross platform.

Amazon Prime works just fine on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    01-29-16 09:53 AM