Hi. As many of you know continuing to use BB10 after EOL of 01/01/2020 is going to get rather iffy. So a friend of mine + myself are trying to develop a Web Platform that will continue to support new apps after the EOL date. My fellow Dev is using Javascript mainly, and the basic BB10 browser. We are not looking to hire people, just volunteers. If you have a spare BB10 phone, that you could use to test apps on, that would be excellent. If you want to assist with JS code, that is most welcome too. Interested parties should email me: chaz dot broam at gmail dot com.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9, elfabio80, Mauri5io and 2 others like this.
    12-19-18 02:01 AM
    Please stay tuned. A Github page will soon be available.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9, elfabio80 and Mauri5io like this.
    12-19-18 02:37 AM
    Hi, i'm in!! I'm currently learning JS and Jquery, the web developer bootcamp from Udemy. And I will slowly learn how to build apps from bbos10. I really have the passion on this. My wish is to build another OS like bb10. Hope I can did it someday. But what you think is my current wish to drive me

Add my pin : 2C3E2DAF

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-19-18 12:20 PM
    What apps are being developed?
    12-19-18 01:25 PM
    Great idea, it's possible to create bb10 App in JS?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 01:32 PM
    Hi. As many of you know continuing to use BB10 after EOL of 01/01/2020 is going to get rather iffy. So a friend of mine + myself are trying to develop a Web Platform that will continue to support new apps after the EOL date. My fellow Dev is using Javascript mainly, and the basic BB10 browser. We are not looking to hire people, just volunteers. If you have a spare BB10 phone, that you could use to test apps on, that would be excellent. If you want to assist with JS code, that is most welcome too. Interested parties should email me: chaz dot broam at gmail dot com.

Posted via CB10
    Charles, as a point of clarification, it sounds like you are trying to develop web apps which run in the current iteration of the BB10 browser. Is that correct, or are you thinking about a platform for distribution of existing (and new) native Cascades-based BB10 apps?
    12-19-18 07:34 PM
    Great idea, it's possible to create bb10 App in JS?

Posted via CB10
    If the tooling still works (which I'm unsure of), yes.
    12-19-18 09:02 PM
    If the tooling still works (which I'm unsure of), yes.
    Also this https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js
    12-20-18 12:40 AM
    Smokin'
    12-20-18 02:27 AM
    What apps are being developed?
    From his previous post... I think "their" app is a storefront to host existing BB10 Apps.

Cool idea, but....
    12-20-18 07:57 AM
    Sorry, I've been busy trying to create a SVG Logo and icons. I'm new to this stuff, so I have to teach myself how to use Inkscape + GIMP. The technical questions you will have to ask my Dev: Russel. Shoot me an email, so I can send you his email. We have chosen to have a Roundtable type leadership. The project's new name: WebCactus.
    12-20-18 08:35 AM
    I can safely say that we expect to create new apps: some paid for, some discounted, some free. Right now, we are focusing on building the storefront and gathering volunteer phones so that we can build + test the new storefront and the new apps on.
    12-20-18 08:50 AM
    Building a new BB 10 OS is probably not in the works right now, unless BB LLC opens the source code -- which is not likely. All we can do is continue to build new apps, and hope for the best after 01/01/2020.
    12-20-18 08:54 AM
    Charles, as a point of clarification, it sounds like you are trying to develop web apps which run in the current iteration of the BB10 browser. Is that correct, or are you thinking about a platform for distribution of existing (and new) native Cascades-based BB10 apps?
    If it were up to me, I would develop both, just in case one didn't work. But I'm not the Dev. Shoot me an email:
    chaz dot broam at gmail dot com.

I will likely give you my Dev's email so you can talk directly to him. I cannot speak for him.

Point of fact, I would develop like so for each app:
    1) JavaScript Web App
    2) Cascades-based BB10 App
    3) Android 4.3 compatible App

If my Dev has no problems with that way (or any way) of developing, develop how you want to develop.
    Last edited by Charles Broam; 12-20-18 at 10:10 AM.
    12-20-18 09:41 AM
    What is the compensation model for all the work?
    12-20-18 09:13 PM
    There isn't one yet. It's a Roundtable type leadership. If you want to join in, you are free to come up with one. Nothing has been discussed as yet. I would not want to talk about it in the forum. Please email me.
    12-20-18 09:20 PM
    There isn't one yet. It's a Roundtable type leadership. If you want to join in, you are free to come up with one. Nothing has been discussed as yet. I would not want to talk about it in the forum. Please email me.
    I was just curious. I have no interest in going back to BB10 despite missing many aspects of its function. There are simply too many things my Q10 could not properly handle.
    12-21-18 07:15 AM
    Add my pin 2C180870 on BBM, thanks. Current a dotnet framework developer for Web. Want to learn to build bb10 apps on my passport red.

Posted via CB10
    MeMeCe likes this.
    12-21-18 05:41 PM
    Hi, i'm in!! I'm currently learning JS and Jquery, the web developer bootcamp from Udemy. And I will slowly learn how to build apps from bbos10. I really have the passion on this. My wish is to build another OS like bb10. Hope I can did it someday. But what you think is my current wish to drive me

Is this a real pin? I've tried to use BBM to contact you several times.
    12-22-18 01:42 AM
    these Web apps should works with any browser right? or are they specifically tailored for BB10's browser?

I wouldn't mind checking some out. I do graphic design and like looking at logos and layouts.
    12-22-18 05:50 AM
    these Web apps should works with any browser right? or are they specifically tailored for BB10's browser?

I wouldn't mind checking some out. I do graphic design and like looking at logos and layouts.
    Nothing has been finished yet. I'm still working out the site's storefront logo. Russell, my JS Dev is building it for me, until we can get some assistance. WE NEED ADDITIONAL STAFF MEMBERS. There is way too much that is still UNDONE. Right now there is virtually nothing to see.
    To answer your other question, it depends on the browser. Russell says that the basic BB10 browser is pretty powerful. JS web apps are intended to be OS-agnostic.
    12-22-18 06:21 AM
    I do graphic design
    We could really use your expertise. Care to drop your BBM pin?
    12-22-18 06:27 AM

Learning jQuery will teach you bad habits and the old way of developing JS web apps look at plain ES6 JS and modern frameworks like React and Vue.
    12-22-18 06:41 PM
    Learning jQuery will teach you bad habits and the old way of developing JS web apps look at plain ES6 JS and modern frameworks like React and Vue.
    No offense, but BB10 OS uses an old version of JS + old browsers. So JQuery maybe just the thing he needs to learn.
    12-22-18 08:20 PM
    No offense, but BB10 OS uses an old version of JS + old browsers. So JQuery maybe just the thing he needs to learn.
    Nope, it really isn’t. It adds extra weight and is notoriously slow and is often used by malicious users as a way to attack sites. The way we JS developers target older browsers is transpiling our new ES6 standard code to ES5 which the BB and Internet Explorer <= 11 browsers support.
    12-22-18 08:59 PM
36 12