I was perusing through the BlackBerry technical knowledgebase and ran across the following - never heard of this feature before, apparently it's new with 10.2.1:

KB35795-How to create a Level 1 Alert for BlackBerry 10 smartphones

Overview

With the release of BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1, the BlackBerry 10 smartphones now have the ability to allow users to create rules to engage Level 1 Alert Notifications on the smartphone for incoming emails.

To create a rule to enable a Level 1 Alert Notification:
    • Open the BlackBerry Hub.
    • Tap on the More button (three vertical dots on the bottom right corner of the screen).
    • Tap on Settings.
    • Tap on Priority Hub.
    • Tap the Add Rule icon on the bottom task bar.
    • Enter a unique Filter Name.
      Note: After this rule has been created, the Filter Name cannot be altered without first deleting and then re-creating this rule.
    • Select the desired Account for this rule to apply against.
      Note: After this rule has been created, the Account cannot be altered without first deleting and then re-creating this rule.
    • Enter one or more of the following criteria to create this rule:
      From: (if desired, enter an email address to create a rule for all emails from this contact).
      Sent to: (if desired, enter an email address to create a rule for all emails to an email address. For example, a distribution list that this user account might be a member of).
      Subject: (if desired, enter a portion of a subject line, like a tag. For example, to filter for emails with [URGENT] in the subject, enter [URGENT]).
      Sent Directly To Me: (enable this if the desire is to only filter if the email was only sent to this user's email address).
      CC: To Me: (enable if the desire is to filter if the email was sent to multiple recipients, and this user's email address is included in the CC field).
      Importance: (select from None, High, or Normal, if the filter is to action on a specific Importance flag in the email).
      Enable Level 1 Alert: (enables this rule as a Level 1 Alert defined in the Notifications section).
    • Tap the Create button on the top right to save this rule.

Once a Level 1 Alert filter is created in the Priority Hub, the option to set the Level 1 Notification Audible and Visual settings will be visible.

• From the Home Screen, swipe down from the top frame and Tap on Settings.
    • Tap on Notifications.
    • Scroll to the bottom of the screen under Customization and tap on Level 1.
    • Adjust each setting as required.
    • Tap the Back button twice (bottom left corner) to return to the System Settings menu and exit.

vincentkong, ma678, bob_tn and 1 others like this.
    03-17-14 02:56 AM
    Nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 03:13 AM
    Nice write up.

Guess my device.
    03-18-14 10:56 PM
    Nice finding. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-22-14 10:20 AM
    Holy Technicality Batman! Please dumb it down a little, Omnitech. What's the creating a Rule, business?

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    03-22-14 02:29 PM
    Holy Technicality Batman! Please dumb it down a little, Omnitech. What's the creating a Rule, business?

I did not write those words, if you look at the link I posted it is copied verbatim from a BlackBerry knowledgebase article.
    03-22-14 06:40 PM
    I did not write those words, if you look at the link I posted it is copied verbatim from a BlackBerry knowledgebase article.
    I read most everything that you post. You have some great information about many different things, I have learned quite a lot. But sometimes things are way above MY knowledgebase!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    03-22-14 08:04 PM
    Thanks!
    Why don't they mention these sweet stuff even more publicly
    Someone was asking about this a couple of days ago and I told him it's not possible yet

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:30 PM