Hi all
    I woke to find in my hub a spam message. Not unusual except this one is by a method I've never seen before, labelled from BlackBerry and there is no option to add to Junk

Can anyone tell me the type of message and how I stop them?

Thanks

Never had a message like this before. What is it?-img_20150203_062725_edit.png

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    02-03-15 12:33 AM
    It's a PIN message. Nothing you can do to stop it really.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:44 AM
    PIN spam. Delete it and move on with your life.
    02-03-15 12:48 AM
    Ok thanks.

In a strange way I feel wanted that someone has used my pin lol.

Deleted and moved on. Thanks.

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    02-03-15 12:58 AM
    I have got that kind of pin message, twice. Both came from Indonesia, based on the language. I cant really understand why, whoever they are, can get my pin. Anyway like Bla1ze said, just deleted them on move on.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 01:23 AM
    We need a bb10 firewall to white list pins.

I know the OS6 firewall could block SMS. I don't recall if it could block PINs.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:50 AM
    They should remove pin messaging altogether
    I never see an use for that except for spam
    I don't understand why they introduced that in 10.1, in my opinion they should have let it die with bbos 7

Posted via Z10
    02-03-15 03:41 AM
    I don't understand why they introduced that in 10.1, in my opinion they should have let it die with bbos 7

Posted via Z10
    BBM is PIN messaging, albeit with a unique GUI. That's why even with a BBID you can only have one handset at a time. It can also be useful if you are assured that you have the correct PIN of getting a message to a recipient since their email may change but the PIN of their device can't.

I also worked for a company that would use PIN messaging for emergency messages, such as closings or tornado alerts.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:15 AM
    I suspect the senders are randomly making up PINS, they don't necessarily know if they exist and to whom. Another reason to just delete the message and not reply.
    02-03-15 05:26 AM

Posted via Z10
    I remember a number of other users posting in the past that their companies don't allow the use of SMS/BBM/E-mail (don't ask, I know, some companies are excessive) and their main path of communication is PIN messaging.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-03-15 08:37 AM

Posted via Z10
    Because if someone wants to send you a message but don't feel you're important enough to be in their contact list, they can do that.
    02-03-15 08:56 AM
    Because if someone wants to send you a message but don't feel you're important enough to be in their contact list, they can do that.
    You can have a PIN for a contact.. so not sure what you mean :/

02-03-15 09:18 AM
    You can have a PIN for a contact.. so not sure what you mean :/

If I don't want your name in my address book, nor in BBM, but need to converse about a sale or something small, we can send PIN messages and be fairly confident that no other information will be available to the other. Let's say I was going to buy a case from you, you don't want me to have your name, email address, or phone number. We can do all that via pin messages.
    02-03-15 09:27 AM
    If I don't want your name in my address book, nor in BBM, but need to converse about a sale or something small, we can send PIN messages and be fairly confident that no other information will be available to the other. Let's say I was going to buy a case from you, you don't want me to have your name, email address, or phone number. We can do all that via pin messages.
    Completely misunderstood the context of what you meant, completely understand now. Gotcha! Makes sense and I agree!

MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-03-15 09:29 AM
    I do agree though, there should be a way of blocking PIN messages though. Can you imagine if after the sale I turned into a raving lunatic.......
    02-03-15 09:31 AM