Would it be so difficult for BlackBerry to implement network access to things like home servers, NAS, or other computers?

Seems like it's pretty easy to access all of my stuff from a Windows, OS X, or a Linux PC. How difficult would this be to implement as a part of BB10? Could be a feature of File Manager app.

I know Android and iOS have all sorts of junk apps that allow it, but it would be nice if we had that kind of access inherent in the OS.

Why not? BB10 already feels lightyears ahead--almost like a portable computer.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:38 PM
    That would be a good feature to add to File Manager. In the meantime, you should try Play Cloud. You can connect to your NAS through Webdav or ftp.

Incidentally, you can connect to your BlackBerry as a share from file managers on your pc. Have you tried that?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:49 PM
    That would be a good feature to add to File Manager. In the meantime, you should try Play Cloud. You can connect to your NAS through Webdav or ftp.

Incidentally, you can connect to your BlackBerry as a share from file managers on your pc. Have you tried that?

Posted via CB10
    I have, but it's a messy implementation. There are around 15 different "computers" associated with my BBID that I can't delete. Really, it's a couple computers and a lot of OS reinstalls. So I just keep it disabled because it's been bugged since day one.

I'll check out Play Cloud, however. Thanks for the recommendation.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 11:14 PM
    Install Link on one of your home computers that's always on and map your NAS drives on the computer and add the shares to Remote File Access.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:34 AM
    Install Link on one of your home computers that's always on and map your NAS drives on the computer and add the shares to Remote File Access.

Posted via CB10
    Oh that's smart, nice workaround.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:41 AM