Ok, So they've announce they are in talks with Netflix and Instagram, and Skype is 'confirmed'.

But will they be here?

How sure are they that we are going to get these apps? Some of you may not use these apps but there are people who do, including me. I can't commit to buy the z10 until I see Netflix, Instagram and Skype CONFIRMED and shown on the OS.

Does anyone know if for sure those 3 apps will be on their way? I'd like to hear opinions.
    02-05-13 01:20 PM
    The only officially confirmed app is Skype.

While the chances are good for the other 2 they have not been confirmed/announced.
    02-05-13 01:22 PM
    There is Kevin that showed an instagram picture on his Z10 though.
    02-05-13 01:36 PM
    Will Skype be an Android port? Does anyone know?
    02-05-13 01:36 PM
    Seriously? Netflix is a deal breaker?
    I don't care if BB ever gets Netflix. I think it is a time waster of the first degree. BlackBerry is for doers. I do care about Skype because it will allow some video chat and sharing of info with other platforms. If any one app is a deal breaker for someone I suggest they get something else and stop wondering. The Hub looks like the most advanced and useful UI imaginable.
    02-05-13 01:42 PM
    Will Skype be an Android port? Does anyone know?
    Definitely don't think it's going to be an Android port as it seems like it is going to be integrated into the Hub too.
    02-05-13 01:43 PM
    I don't care if BB ever gets Netflix. I think it is a time waster of the first degree. BlackBerry is for doers. I do care about Skype because it will allow some video chat and sharing of info with other platforms. If any one app is a deal breaker for someone I suggest they get something else and stop wondering. The Hub looks like the most advanced and useful UI imaginable.
    Stop being so close minded. Whether an app is important to one vs another doesn't matter. Stop trying to force a stupid opinion that BlackBerry is for doers like you are some hot shot. I make a significant amount of money year and I would love to have access to my Netflix on my mobile device. Does that make me not a doer..? No didn't think so. The world knows apps are important for any mobile platform let alone a daily device so stop being an ***** and either answer his question or stfu. I hate hearing close minded BlackBerry users that try to compensate by pulling ******** comments out of their ***. There are many reasons I switched from BlackBerry as my personal device but in terms of work functionaility it is by far the best. Now with work/personal mode I'd love to use a Z10 as my only device instead of lugging around two devices but until the app ecosystem grows it isn't viablle for me. I still have a z10 for work but personal mode sits unused.
    02-05-13 01:48 PM
    What a let down, I thought someone said Skype was using the Android runtime because it was easier or something, I was really hoping that it would be an Android port.
    Definitely don't think it's going to be an Android port as it seems like it is going to be integrated into the Hub too.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-05-13 01:49 PM
    Really... Again???? how many of these post must we suffer through....
    02-05-13 01:51 PM
    well if you are going to complaint about wasting time, you posting on this forum is a waste of time too. this is what "doer" do? post on forum to complaint about people complaining? when did using any brand define how a person is? is that easy to be successful now a day?
    sylvaing and Jelly -Bean like this.
    02-05-13 01:51 PM
    I remember reading somewhere else on this forum that microsoft is trying to block instagram on bb?
    02-05-13 02:52 PM
    Not once did I say Netflix alone was a dealbreaker for me. Want to know a fact? I dont use Netflix. My friend does. I included it with the other 2 because I DO use Skype heavily. and WOULD LIKE to use Instragram since I've been a blackberry user for a long time now.

I just can't believe they havent been able to GET Instagram and Skype onto the platform yet. I would feel a lot of regret if I end up getting the z10, and then they go back on their word by saying Instagram, Skype and Netflix (for my friend) won't go through. The reason I ask for certainty is because my current contract ends VERY SOON, and I have to decide on a new phone soon. If z10 doesn't get Skype (which is the TRUE dealbreaker here), I wont buy it. It is my main messaging platform outside of phones and all of my friends use it.
    02-05-13 03:10 PM
    Attitudes like this are most definitely not healthy. Especially when they're concerning a product from a company that is still very much on the brink. This "be happy with what you get or move on to another product" is a very large reason why BB is in the precarious position it is today. The name of the game today is give people what they want, not what you think they should be good with. In your rabid defense of what BB 10 doesn't have, you are doing much more harm than any good you think your blind devotion is doing. What YOU think BB 10 is is completely inconsequential to anyone else.

Obviously Netflix is a very important app for BB to get given it is clearly one of the top 3 apps continually asked for. I for one really want it there when the PlayBook is updated to BB 10. I want it there for my daughter's PBs. Do you have any clue how great it would be to have a PB tethered to my phone, and be able to have one of them be able to watch a kid's movie while we're stuck waiting at, say, a doctor's office? Or even just around the house over wi-fi on those -20+ winter days?

Maybe quit thinking you know what BB is, or who it's for, and be more supportive of people encouraging BB to get the apps people want.
    02-05-13 03:29 PM
    I agree with you here and to add a point if people only want a phone for certain apps that are only a few compared to the 100s of 1000s out there then no wonder BB are having a bad day at the office over the last few years. BB have put their hands up and are now trying and are listening and i beleive corporate shares and responsibilities aside they want to genuinely give the customer the best possible experience and i support and applaude them for that. Netflix, Skype, Instgram wow im depressed if this is all that is important!
    garnok likes this.
    02-05-13 04:56 PM
    I don't care if BB ever gets Netflix. I think it is a time waster of the first degree.
    A lot of "I"'s in that sentence. You do realize other people might in fact want a Netflix app?
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-05-13 05:01 PM
    Not once did I say Netflix alone was a dealbreaker for me. Want to know a fact? I dont use Netflix. My friend does. I included it with the other 2 because I DO use Skype heavily. and WOULD LIKE to use Instragram since I've been a blackberry user for a long time now.
    I can't commit to buy the z10 until I see Netflix, Instagram and Skype CONFIRMED and shown on the OS.
    Saying can't commit in this way implies you won't buy it if they don't come together i.e Skype and Instagram but no netflix means you wouldn't buy - do note I am not agreeing/disagreeing with you I am just showing you why that person made that comment to you . Anyway Skype is coming at some point they issued a Press release about it although there weren't dates added, Instagram likely to come... just cause it is likely and Netflix, well who knows may or may not - I would like all 3 apps just because it will be good for the platform.
    02-05-13 05:25 PM
    A lot of "I"'s in that sentence. You do realize other people might in fact want a Netflix app?
    "I" am sure they do and that is fine with me for those people who want that but for me there is more to smart phones than just a few popular apps most tv's can provide them on,it's not as if it should be the best all and end all.
    02-05-13 05:27 PM
    Every time someone posts about Netflix or Skype an Angel loses their wings and dies ..... true story....
    CairnsRock, peter9477 and jimpilot like this.
    02-05-13 07:46 PM
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN!

They said Skype is confirmed, but now Skype has confirmed it will only be an android port. What. A. Copout.

I know some of you will be like, It's STILL going to be available, It's microsoft's fault, It's just an android port, stop making such a big deal.

Why wouldn't I make such a big deal when stuff like this happens? Sure it will be available, but not as a native app? C'mon lets be serious here, They are never ever going to be able to compete with Apple, or Android if they keep backlashing on native apps like this. Skype not being a native app alone is a prime EXAMPLE of why Blackberry will always be behind (I will get alot of crap for this, but you know its the truth, and its just an EXAMPLE out of many). I suppose it's also Microsoft's fault Skype is available for Apple and Android. "It's an Android port", Yeah, one that needs to be run through a different OS/loader, knowing that Skype (A HUGE app) will not be running from the supposed great QNX/BB10 is a bummer.

What's next? Instagram will only be available through the website? Lmao

I still have faith..
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    02-08-13 10:43 AM
    BB really didn't do themselves a favor by putting that Android player in the OS. It will be a pain in their rear for quite a while and it will be hard to get rid of it and move developers to Native app development since so many will take the cop-out and it's simply easier to support a Player App than a separate Native BB10 application.
    02-08-13 10:52 AM
    With all the hundreds of milllions spent on the new platform and marketing you would think bb could have got the less than 10 apps it really needs for a paltry few million,either this is a deiberate move by bb, a complete denial of reality by thorsten,or the app makers fault. I find the latter to be least likely.
    02-08-13 11:32 AM
    How much can BBRY do? They can approach 3rd party developers, and try to convince them to build a native application, or to port an Android version. Or they can get permission to develop in house. But in the end, the 3rd party has all of the control.

We don't know what has gone on in their discussions, so we all have to accept that BBRY has done all t that they can.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    02-08-13 11:55 AM
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN!

They said Skype is confirmed, but now Skype has confirmed it will only be an android port. What. A. Copout.

What's next? Instagram will only be available through the website? Lmao

I still have faith..
    I wouldn't want to be nearby when the Instagram App finally arrives... and it's an Android port too.
    02-08-13 01:41 PM
    minus netflix.The other two have probably been put through its paces to remove bugs during the repackage to fit our UI.
    02-08-13 01:56 PM
    I remember reading somewhere else on this forum that microsoft is trying to block instagram on bb?
    microsoft has nothing to do with instagram, they own skype.
    02-08-13 02:03 PM
66 123