So I still haven't purchased my very own BlackBerry 10 device yet, nor have I won one from the CrackBerry Contests (must be rigged). However I am a little bit nervous about purchasing one, as more than often on these forums I come across people who are on their third plus phone.

Obviously it wouldn't be that big of deal however I would be purchasing it off contract (whatever the phone may be, leaning towards the Z10 though). So for the phone to freeze up/break/restarts would kinda hurt more than just my bank account....

I realize that with a new OS comes patience but I REALLY want one, I feel left out reading CrackBerry forums 2+ hrs a day and not being able to input my thoughts If its a hardware issue etc lol.

Are there certain phone models for the BB10's that freeze/etc more often? I would be on Rogers.

I'd just like to know If I should go for it now, or wait a bit longer and see what happens. The whole BlackBerry forsale doesn't impact my thoughts for buying one at all.

Thanks in advance guys
    08-21-13 01:20 AM
    I would wait til the Z30. It'll ship with 10.2 and will be a better software experience.
    08-21-13 01:23 AM
    I have had the same z10 since release day. No problems with the hardware. If you can get over the app gap go for it!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 01:25 AM
    I bought two Z10 s on Verizon. Never a reboot on either. Some folks have lots of issues though. Not sure what to tell you. Except if you get one stress test it and see if you can get it to reboot. If so take it back.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-21-13 01:33 AM
    I think most of the issues that were being reported were the result of faulty software running on primarily the devices sold in the US. I believe most or all of these have been since resolved.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:00 AM
    I had a few reboots and other headaches with my Verizon z10. I updated the OS though and it is awesome.

Oh, it rebooted as often as my previous android. And it has yet to deadlock like my Android did monthly. I had to reboot my phone twice a week on android and never with bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:14 AM
    I have a Q10 that I purchased brand new and it hasn't had any issues. I was also a bit nervous regarding getting one. And I didn't even want to return the device behind a slight imperfection I found on the device out of the box for fear the new device would give me issues.

I also purchased a like new Z10 from eBay. I was very hesitant in making the purchase because I had heard about the dreaded reboot issues and a couple other problems users had been having. However, the Z10 has also been going strong with no problems.

I'd suggest buying your device outright from the carrier. That way, if you find issues, you can swap the device out.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:16 AM
    Go for it. BB10 devices are as reliable as any other newer phones on the market. I'm about to get a Q10 here in the US on Verizon.
    08-21-13 02:22 AM
    So I still haven't purchased my very own BlackBerry 10 device yet, nor have I won one from the CrackBerry Contests (must be rigged). However I am a little bit nervous about purchasing one, as more than often on these forums I come across people who are on their third plus phone.

Obviously it wouldn't be that big of deal however I would be purchasing it off contract (whatever the phone may be, leaning towards the Z10 though). So for the phone to freeze up/break/restarts would kinda hurt more than just my bank account....

I realize that with a new OS comes patience but I REALLY want one, I feel left out reading CrackBerry forums 2+ hrs a day and not being able to input my thoughts If its a hardware issue etc lol.

Are there certain phone models for the BB10's that freeze/etc more often? I would be on Rogers.

I'd just like to know If I should go for it now, or wait a bit longer and see what happens. The whole BlackBerry forsale doesn't impact my thoughts for buying one at all.

Thanks in advance guys
    Don't be I've had my Fido (Rogers) Z10 STL 1003 since two weeks after launch day and it's worked great. I've never had to return it. If you install the 10.1 MR software update or the latest 10.2 leak from here on crackberry you'll love it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    kuler22 likes this.
    08-21-13 02:35 AM
    I've never had a problem with my z, neither has my wife.... In fact nobody I know has had any sort of issue.... Way better phone than the iPhone 4S I occasionally use
    08-21-13 02:36 AM
    If you're concerned about hardware issues with your device BlackBerry has made a great tool to run hardware diagnostics on your phone.

Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Don't be worried about the reboots either I had that on earlier builds but it got resolved after any OS higher than 10.1.0.2050

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-21-13 02:43 AM
    I bought my Z10 the day it was released by T mobile. I have had no reboots, no freezes and this phone works smoother with each update. I have been very happy with my phone and it has been a reliable workhorse.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-21-13 06:56 AM

Thanks in advance guys
    Just buy a used one, that's still under warranty. If it breaks or does t live up to your expectations, get it fixed and sell it pronto. That way you'll only lose 50-100$ if it turns out it isn't for you...
    08-21-13 07:00 AM
    I've had my Z10 since launch. I'm on Verizon and had the reboot issue. That's been cleared up with the official update. No more reboots! It really is a nice device /Os. I say go for it if you are on the fence. Or like a previous post, wait till the Z30 or whatever it will be called. Bigger screen, 10.2 will officially be on it, etc. I'm very happy with my Z and I never looked back. Hope that helps you!

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    08-21-13 07:06 AM
    I've had my Z10 since April. Even though I did have some reboot issues, the latest software update to care of those. It still has the stock OS on it (haven't loaded any leaks) and I'm quite pleased with it. It'll definitely get better once 10.2 is released.
    08-21-13 07:35 AM
    I have had no issues with my Q10 since day one which I think was around mid To end July when I got mines sim free from amazon.co.uk ... The BlackBerry Maps was an issue for me to begin with and I tried not to let it get me down but due to a recent update to the maps it appears to have gotten rid of all issues and also I am now able to use the 'Check In' function on Facebook which I discovered today...previously I wasn't able to let stalkers know my whereabouts but all is right with the world again

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-21-13 07:36 AM
    Very unlikely you'll have a problem with the hardware. Mine is rock solid. The software is full of bugs, but has one or two decent features.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:41 AM
    Well this thread is encouraging. I'm also leary of getting one due to the issues and frankly the unknown of the company.
    08-21-13 07:42 AM
    The carrier will collect my only 3 month old Z10 device tomorrow to fix the camera because it doesn't work. And it's not the first time I have issues with the device!!! First the speaker didn't sound and the carrier replaced the device and a month later problem with THE Camera. What will be next? Will I be able to enjoy my Z10 device (I really enjoy it) for a couple of months without having any issue? I hope so because even with all the problem I love my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-21-13 08:02 AM
    I bought 2 z10's on release day from att and neither one have had any issues. Both have leaks installed one being 10.2. Its the best smartphone I have owned to date and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The os is blazing fast and it does what I need it to do.
    08-21-13 08:14 AM
    T-Mobile Z10 since launch for me, and my wife recently got a Q10. Other than a wobbly space bar on the Q10 (exchanged, new one is fine), both phones have been solid. Both of us came from iOS, and loving BB10 so far.
    08-21-13 08:34 AM
    I have had the same z10 since release day with no problems at all, it's running so smooth that now I'm running leaks for the first time in my life to have some bugs to work with.
    08-21-13 09:14 AM
    Take the plunge! C'mon in, the water is fine!

We have the Z10's and not a reboot among us from day 1.

Go BB!
    08-21-13 09:25 AM
    We have 3 BB10's in our family, and nary a problem.

Also, not sure why you're worried since you'll have a warranty. I've bought brand new, expensive cars, and they've had problems, and were always repaired under warranty. You can buy a new house and there will be problems and the warranty will cover it. It's not like BB doesn't honor their warranties.
    08-21-13 10:34 AM
    Get one OP. It's a fantastic mobile. Had mine since February and it's been rock solid. 10.2 coming soon with way more features.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:36 AM
58 123