BlackBerry is well known for its security, so in turn BlackBerry users should also value their security. Nemory studios has a history of in-secure apps and not respecting users privacy. I understand that some people still want to use BB10 but by doing so they are placing their private information at risk which should be the thing they value resulting from using a BlackBerry.
    You should batterly understand that in mobile world, privacy and security both are same. If somebody is stealing privacy of anyone, then how he is secure. Security mean complete privacy security.
    05-08-17 08:38 PM
    You should batterly understand that in mobile world, privacy and security both are same. If somebody is stealing privacy of anyone, then how he is secure. Security mean complete privacy security.
    You can have security without privacy, just look at Facebook's security settings some time. They've even adopted U2F keys.
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-08-17 09:00 PM
    Guys, don't worry, someone will save this problem, maybe telegram or BBM.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-08-17 10:22 PM
    Guys, don't worry, someone will save this problem, maybe telegram or BBM.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    Out of my 214 phone contacts 197 use whatsapp and only 2 use telegram, 0 on bbm.

Kinda depends where you live I guess
    05-09-17 12:30 AM
    I don't know what it is about Telegram that makes you prefer it, but as much as I am not a fan of WhatsApp it is in all ways superior to Telegram.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205[/QUOTE]

Even in terms of security is WA better than Telegram?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 02:36 AM
    With clever peek at Android APK you can see what you need to do in order to make native BB10 app that can still connect to servers. Not sure about legality of the whole thing though.
    05-09-17 03:25 AM
    Well Google certainly does not agree with that. For them security is issue of some malware that you can install by installing the app from their own app store. On contrary spyware is regarded perfectly safe.
    05-09-17 03:27 AM
    I don't know what it is about Telegram that makes you prefer it, but as much as I am not a fan of WhatsApp it is in all ways superior to Telegram.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    05-09-17 03:47 AM

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should give Telegram a go but not just a trial but a good go and dig into it a bit. Then you will see all the cool features it sports that Whatsapp does not. I am surprised at how well it works and way more fun. If you took Whatsapp and BBM and smashed them together you would get Telegram, the best of both.
    Telegrams security has not yet been compromised so nothing to talk about. Yet Signal is touted as the most secure.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 04:53 AM
    I prefer threema.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    05-09-17 05:37 AM

Perhaps you should give Telegram a go but not just a trial but a good go and dig into it a bit. Then you will see all the cool features it sports that Whatsapp does not. I am surprised at how well it works and way more fun. If you took Whatsapp and BBM and smashed them together you would get Telegram, the best of both.
    Telegrams security has not yet been compromised so nothing to talk about. Yet Signal is touted as the most secure.

Posted via CB10
    If you give more importance to cool features than to security, then for you maybe Telegram is better. Of course neither of us knows if either have been broken, just that no one has come forward with a claim. I prefer to trust professional cryptographers to assess the security of cryptography.

Signal is as secure as a mediated key system can probably be. Ti get more secure you have to go to self managed keys. Threema is a good example of that.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    05-09-17 03:22 PM
    If you give more importance to cool features than to security, then for you maybe Telegram is better. Of course neither of us knows if either have been broken, just that no one has come forward with a claim. I prefer to trust professional cryptographers to assess the security of cryptography.

Signal is as secure as a mediated key system can probably be. Ti get more secure you have to go to self managed keys. Threema is a good example of that.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    The only question about Telegrams encryption is that it's not shared publicly like Signal and Whatsapp. Not sure what's safe with Whatsapp since Facebook owns it. So now we have two competing msging services which are Telegram and Signal fighting to top security.
    Yes signal is touted as the best cause the encryption is open source yet neither have been breached as I said and yes no one has come forward with proof of a security breach for either one so take your pic. I like the cool features but if I have more sensitive information which isn't as often I'll send over signal.
    Mic drop!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 09:49 PM
    Seriously? The steps WhatsApp takes is to ban people as if they were the ruling dictator King. Seems kind of harsh imo. Steps like these puts a dark shade on them I think. I'm not liking WhatsApp much for terminating BB10 and now banning people for life just for using their service anyway they can? Not cool.
    I hope apps like Telegram and others take over and blow WhatsApp into stardust. It would be nice to see that app become worthless investment by Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    Monopoly my friend! Apps becoming apes
    05-12-17 02:43 AM
    I hope this would bring bbm back to power but sadly most smartphone users are android or ios users and this decision of whatsapp doesnt affect them.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 09:09 PM
    I sent nemory studios an email after I saw their post on favebook... they asked of anyone was intrested in having whatsapp on bb10 after may is over. We were supposed to send a mail saying yes.

I got this for a reply
    Attachment 422409
    Attachment 422410

Posted via CB10
    I would suggest you guys to go ahead and start using the Android WhatsApp app with the fix mentioned in below link than using a third party app.

Link : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12883771

This works 100%, is free and you will still have the official android app which can be updated!
    05-20-17 07:12 AM
40 12