I sent nemory studios an email after I saw their post on favebook... they asked of anyone was intrested in having whatsapp on bb10 after may is over. We were supposed to send a mail saying yes.

I got this for a reply
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_073824.png
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_073828.png

Posted via CB10
    RockyRodger likes this.
    05-03-17 12:11 AM
    The app from Nemory Studios will also be abandoned quickly. If you want the full experience of WhatsApp, Android or iOS.
    05-03-17 02:22 AM
    hi,
    I've got the link from Nemory for ver. 144. After instalation WA was updated to .146 via Play Market.
    Gues, thay send me android version?
    05-03-17 03:44 AM
    This is still not going to happen...after WhatsApp flips the switch, it's over for you guys. Sorry, but just face reality, will you?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-03-17 03:50 AM
    This is still not going to happen...after WhatsApp flips the switch, it's over for you guys. Sorry, but just face reality, will you?

Via Pasta CB10
    We are fortunate to have an informed employee of WhatsApp her to let us know the certainty of our eminent demise.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 06:02 AM
    We are fortunate to have an informed employee of WhatsApp her to let us know the certainty of our eminent demise.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 06:30 AM
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_084449.png
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_084459.png
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_084504.png
    Nemory studios whatsapp?-img_20170503_084511.png

Not going to install yet but will be keeping a close eye one it

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 07:45 AM
    It's an Android app lol

Via Pasta CB10
    05-03-17 08:32 AM
    Can you send me a link to website

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 08:54 AM
    Can you send me a link to website

Posted via CB10
    https://nemorystudios.wordpress.com/

Here you go. I installed it and it's like the android app but it has more features and it is supposed to be based on web whatsapp so it shouldn't stop working. We will see how long he will keep developing it and how long does it work.

Tools not toys
    Last edited by rookieblackberry; 05-03-17 at 09:31 AM.
    05-03-17 09:21 AM
    I don't think andriod whatsapp will stop working it's serves don't work like that. With the app itself being updated all the time to keep it connected we will just see the app itself stop working. Besides, if you run an blackberry email account you may have noticed that Google sign in recognise your phone as an android
    05-03-17 02:58 PM
    Nemory needs to remove the 'ban proof'. There is no way he can say that given he doesn't control client and server.

The history of unauthorized Android apps which this is and WA are not good. I tend to think people are going to get alot more incensed if their WA acct gets suspended than their just for play Snapchat accts.
    05-03-17 03:02 PM
    BlackBerry is well known for its security, so in turn BlackBerry users should also value their security. Nemory studios has a history of in-secure apps and not respecting users privacy. I understand that some people still want to use BB10 but by doing so they are placing their private information at risk which should be the thing they value resulting from using a BlackBerry.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-04-17 11:55 PM
    all that guy does is rip off software and put it in his name..if you ask him a support question he hasnt got a clue and always blames somebody else. steer clear!

Posted via CBX
    05-05-17 04:59 PM
    What's ban proof?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 10:00 AM
    all that guy does is rip off software and put it in his name..if you ask him a support question he hasnt got a clue and always blames somebody else. steer clear!

Posted via CBX
    He may not be the best developer in town but his software at least works, might not be top shelf but he is the only game in town on BB10. I can skip a coffee it won't break me. $.$$

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:31 AM
    What's ban proof?

Posted via CB10
    It won't be banned by WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:34 AM
    It won't be banned by WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    *cough*snap2chat*cough*
    05-06-17 01:00 PM
    *cough*snap2chat*cough*
    @AmritD is explaining what ban proof means. Without further explanation from Nemory it's hard to justify the claim.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 07:09 AM
    Perhaps the fact that WhatsApp DOES NOT ALLOW 3RD PARTY APPS, has sent CEASE AND DESIST letters before and pledged to PERMANENTLY BAN people using 3rd party apps....

Those facts make me find it hard to believe this is going to be an actual solution to WhatsApp BB10 users after July hits.

Nemory should not even release a paid/pro version until it proves to work and be "ban proof".

Posted with my  Classic
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-07-17 06:46 PM
    Perhaps the fact that WhatsApp DOES NOT ALLOW 3RD PARTY APPS, has sent CEASE AND DESIST letters before and pledged to PERMANENTLY BAN people using 3rd party apps....

Posted with my  Classic
    Seriously? The steps WhatsApp takes is to ban people as if they were the ruling dictator King. Seems kind of harsh imo. Steps like these puts a dark shade on them I think. I'm not liking WhatsApp much for terminating BB10 and now banning people for life just for using their service anyway they can? Not cool.
    I hope apps like Telegram and others take over and blow WhatsApp into stardust. It would be nice to see that app become worthless investment by Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 05:08 AM
    Seriously? The steps WhatsApp takes is to ban people as if they were the ruling dictator King. Seems kind of harsh imo.
    It is their application. If they want to restrict use of their back end to people using their front end that is their right. Also if you investigate the means of attacking the security of WhatsApp you will find that malicious software on the device is the greatest threat. So third party applications represent a clear and present danger to their users who are using the official application. Those application developers have already demonstrated that they are willing to break the rules, so why should they be trusted?

Steps like these puts a dark shade on them I think. I'm not liking WhatsApp much for terminating BB10 and now banning people for life just for using their service anyway they can? Not cool.
    I hope apps like Telegram and others take over and blow WhatsApp into stardust. It would be nice to see that app become worthless investment by Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    I do happen to share some of your opinions, which is one of the reasons I didn't pursue a job they offered me. But righteousness and openness - in that a product will operate on an open standard and allow anyone to write clients for that standard - don't make money in today's mobile consumer markets. Facebook, WhatsApp, Google, SnapChat, etc are successful because they provide what the majority of mobile device owners want, and don't worry about the ethical dilemmas until they affect the bottom line.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    05-08-17 07:49 AM
    It is their application. If they want to restrict use of their back end to people using their front end that is their right. Also if you investigate the means of attacking the security of WhatsApp you will find that malicious software on the device is the greatest threat. So third party applications represent a clear and present danger to their users who are using the official application. Those application developers have already demonstrated that they are willing to break the rules, so why should they be trusted?

I do happen to share some of your opinions, which is one of the reasons I didn't pursue a job they offered me. But righteousness and openness - in that a product will operate on an open standard and allow anyone to write clients for that standard - don't make money in today's mobile consumer markets. Facebook, WhatsApp, Google, SnapChat, etc are successful because they provide what the majority of mobile device owners want, and don't worry about the ethical dilemmas until they affect the bottom line.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    I do believe that Facebook ended their support for the Facebook app and soon WhatsApp as well due to the nature of BB10 not keeping you in the app with the app open. Now that the Android HUB has integrated Telegram and many other to come I hope that Whatsapp becomes an after thought. Lessons to be learned. There was a time when Facebook and Whatsapp were eager to be on any and all platforms so has cost really changed that much or is it simply greed and cost cutting leveraging the bottom line ?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 10:32 AM
    I do believe that Facebook ended their support for the Facebook app and soon WhatsApp as well due to the nature of BB10 not keeping you in the app with the app open. Now that the Android HUB has integrated Telegram and many other to come I hope that Whatsapp becomes an after thought. Lessons to be learned. There was a time when Facebook and Whatsapp were eager to be on any and all platforms so has cost really changed that much or is it simply greed and cost cutting leveraging the bottom line ?

Posted via CB10
    I think two things have changed, the first is the risk posed by poorly or maliciously written third party applications which I've already talked about. See the SnapChat experience. Second the market has settled on two mobile platforms and HTML5 for client side applications. Products with big user bases like Facebook and WhatsApp don't need to worry about corner cases like BB10. Products looking to build a large user base can't afford to look at small markets like BB10 unless they have a high margin niche product, or just do it because they like the platform.

Interestingly BlackBerry said at the launch of BB10 that the future of mobile applications was HTML5. They may have been a little premature but the desktop has certainly gone that way, mobile space will follow soon enough.

Edit:

You talk as if you believe that WhatsApp is treating their customers badly and it is only a matter of time before these users wake up and revolt against WhatsApp and go to Telegram. I doubt this will happen. I don't know what it is about Telegram that makes you prefer it, but as much as I am not a fan of WhatsApp it is in all ways superior to Telegram.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 05-08-17 at 12:18 PM.
    05-08-17 12:08 PM
    I think two things have changed, the first is the risk posed by poorly or maliciously written third party applications which I've already talked about. See the SnapChat experience. Second the market has settled on two mobile platforms and HTML5 for client side applications. Products with big user bases like Facebook and WhatsApp don't need to worry about corner cases like BB10. Products looking to build a large user base can't afford to look at small markets like BB10 unless they have a high margin niche product, or just do it because they like the platform.

Interestingly BlackBerry said at the launch of BB10 that the future of mobile applications was HTML5. They may have been a little premature but the desktop has certainly gone that way, mobile space will follow soon enough.

Edit:

You talk as if you believe that WhatsApp is treating their customers badly and it is only a matter of time before these users wake up and revolt against WhatsApp and go to Telegram. I doubt this will happen. I don't know what it is about Telegram that makes you prefer it, but as much as I am not a fan of WhatsApp it is in all ways superior to Telegram.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    I believe that when a company gets bigger and more powerful to satnd on their own they tend to make decisions they wouldn't have made in their humble beginnings that got them where they currently are. I don't predict what other users will do but I did express my personal frustration and desires.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 05-08-17 at 08:33 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-08-17 12:40 PM
40 12