Here are my suggestions.

Disconnect your phone cable from your computer.
    Delete Link and re-download Link.
    Reboot your computer.
    Then connect the phone cable and plug your phone in. Make sure you use an authentic BB cable,
    What part of the message did you not read, he said is Q10 is completely DEAD. No matter what he does to his computer that's not going to turn on his Q10.

The only way he's going to get any life into his device now is to take somewhere and have them fix the burnt out circuits. Likely it would have to be a company who works with cell phones and or closely with BlackBerry. He needs a company like OnTrack, OnTrack works closely with all the hard drive manufactures so they have the technology that can even the scratches on the disk platters matching it.
    07-21-14 10:17 AM
    well, your emails, contacts and calendar should be synced with your primary (Blackberry ID) email account.
    check that first.

All documents should be on memory card anyway.

Maybe this is all you need?

Then, all apps should be available to download via blackberry world under your apps, so you will get all them.

BBM history probably will be lost, but contacts should stay same.

sorry, but candy crush saga progress will be lost forever.

P.S. my 9780 bold used to have a hardware fault where "flexible" display cable use to crack. phone used to work, but display didn't...
    it might sound like a joke, but have you tried to call into your phone?
    07-21-14 10:51 AM
    Is there anyway to get those parts / buy a new board?
    Doubt you can find a used board but if someone wrecked their Q10 or broken LCD or something, buy it. Although if you're changing the board then the data is lost with the board so meh... See if you can get someone from the local corner shop to REPAIR it. Asians will do it

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:19 AM
    I had a 9930 that I brought back by removing the battery, holding down the power button for a fairly long time (more than 30 seconds), plugging the charger in while still holding down the power button, and holding it until a sign flashed on the screen that the battery was missing. Your problem sounds a bit different, but anything is worth a shot, right?

Also, not sure about the Q, but the Z has a hard reset using the volume rockers. Not of interest to you, but I brought back a Lumia last weekend that looked deader than dead using a button combo reset and everything was still there afterwards.
    07-21-14 11:52 AM
    It seems all the repair shops in L.A. do mostly screens on iPhones, and occasional ports.
    I have a shop that's done BB Keyboards and Screens for me, but like most, they won't do internal components on the actual board.

Is there a keyword I can use to find someone who really specializes in this type of stuff?

Thanks.
    07-21-14 12:22 PM
    It seems all the repair shops in L.A. do mostly screens on iPhones, and occasional ports.
    I have a shop that's done BB Keyboards and Screens for me, but like most, they won't do internal components on the actual board.

Is there a keyword I can use to find someone who really specializes in this type of stuff?

Thanks.
    I've replaced the motherboard on my q10, they don't sell them by themselves so I bought one with a broken screen.... you lose all data that way.

You'll need to find someone who works on motherboards... and these motherboards weren't built by hand, so i'm not even sure if it's possible to replace components on it.

Look for motherboard repair and start calling and asking them who they would call.

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:37 PM

Thanks.
    antonrr

Before going to far in trying taking any parts from your replacement Q10 (which will void its warranty), you should really investigate what you have potentially lost here.
    As mentioned by Yessuz above, a lot of your stuff will came back anyhow. What you have to bothered is only what was located into your internal memory (changing the board will not help you there, as it will also replace that internal memory storage).

Otherwise the only way to be able to do anything from your old device is to bring it to life... it need to show a minimum of life otherwise it is just wasted times.

What normally came back

- Email accounts are todays mostly in synch with web base/cloud services. So adding them back to a new devices also bring back your synch mail, contact, calendar & memo stuf ... So no to worry here.
    - All your Social apps contacts and messages (Facebook, LinkedIn, ..., Skype) will came back after you add them back ...--> No needs to worried about them
    - Your BBM contact will came back while switching to your new device (you may lost your discussion history do)
    - All you BB10 apps will be available to be download back from BB world. (Yes that might be boring to do it again) . You will probably lost any customization done on them
    - Ported Android Apps and related saved games and configurations will not came back either from a BB Link BackUp. So you will probably need to add them back any way.

So what's potentially lost
    - All your devices setup [Background, language, your personal keyboard autocorrect word, ....] <- But a lot of them might be recover from your old backup [under Device Setting Backup]
    - Any local pictures <- But if you have a SD card in, they normally goes there
    - Any contacts added locally with using devices <- But have a look first at your primary account, you may have set it to go there [else you old backup file may bring some of them - Also under Device Setting Backup]. In general there are not a lot of hundred of them, as this also means you manually add them all from your devices
    - Your application datas (setting, saved files,...) [<- But this could be partially found back from your old backup under Application data]
    - Any media file ??? But it is more likely that you have them already elsewhere

My suggestion

First you should not mind setting up your new device... you will always be in position to wipe it back if that did not bring back what you need.

- Swap your SIM and SD card
    - Setup your new devices adding back you various account [Make sure to set what you consider as your primary account first ...contact linking process will also set it as the primary account and complement your contacts info with the other account.

->Then ...Figured out what you really lost and if you really need to go any further in recovering what was in your previous device.
    -> If relevant, try bringing back your old backup from Link

I know its a pain...

Good luck
    07-21-14 01:16 PM
    You could refer to that thread, In the past I did listed what came back from where using BB Link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-829837/
    07-21-14 01:19 PM
    ... the craziest thing is it was 85%+ charged when it died in my car while connected on Bluetooth playing music and has been TOTALLY dead since.
    Were you playing Bieber? Blackberry's hate Bieber. You MUST have been playing Bieber.
    07-21-14 02:22 PM
    Hahah no. But he is Canadian!

I wish there was some type of ultra BlackBerry repair shop you could ship phones to but I guess 90% of issues are screen/keyboard/software related and this is rare...

Phone is at the shop now - my guy is taking it apart. Crossing fingers.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:34 PM
    Have you tried removing everything easily removable ; sim, sd card, battery and leave your phone alone in a cool dry area with the back cover off for about an hour, then insert everything back (new Q10 battery first) and hold the volume up/down buttons for about 30 secs and see what happens ?
    07-21-14 02:36 PM
    did you drop it at any point ? and btw did you tell the repair guy that you were trying to recover data? some of them wipe as a standard
    07-21-14 02:39 PM
    Yeah he knows.

He said today ( he still has it ) that it gave a sign of life ( a couple lights ) but nothing since ...
    He has it completely taken apart....
    07-22-14 12:42 AM
    DStLouis is correct, antonrr.

Honestly, mate; if you've tried a full capacitor discharge (removing the battery and holding down the power for about 20 seconds) and it still won't boot up, then it is most likely something on the main system board that is damaged.

Unfortunately, the on-board flash memory is integrated with the system board and can't be extracted if the board is dead - without unreasonable amounts of money and resources thrown at it.

Your mails will most likely be fine, unless your IT tech set you up on POP3 with the default settings...like a crack addict.

I would love to be able to help you, but I've dealt with things like this way too many times to be optimistic about the results. Your best option is to claim on the warranty and get a replacement, setup and sync your mails accounts again. Also, set a weekly reminder to backup your phone - this is important. I learnt the hard way when my phone was stolen and I hadn't made a backup for over a month.
    07-22-14 12:45 AM
    Not at all, no signs of life. I feel like I need to get the shock thing you see in movies to bring it back to life somehow...

Posted via CB10
    "Clear....bzzzaaaap.....all right you're good to go".
    dieselman89 likes this.
    07-22-14 01:44 AM
    Ok, this is old skool: get your phone in the palm of your hand and with the other hand give it a slap. Worked for me a couple of times.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-22-14 07:19 AM
    Computer technician friend of mine fixed a fair number of his call outs by blowing vigorously into the computer. You could try this: take the battery door off and blow hard where ever you see some gaps/holes. Might shift something to make the phone work long enough to get the data from it.

Ok let me know if I win the $300k
    07-22-14 10:34 AM
    Computer technician friend of mine fixed a fair number of his call outs by blowing vigorously into the computer. You could try this: take the battery door off and blow hard where ever you see some gaps/holes. Might shift something to make the phone work long enough to get the data from it.

Ok let me know if I win the $300k
    $300k? It's $300

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:41 AM
    $300k? It's $300

Posted via CB10
    Not �300? Damn :'(

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 10:44 AM
    I hope i am not too late. If not my advice is simple. Remove your battery from the dead Q10. And leave it outside your phone overnight. The following morning put it back and see if it comes on.
    07-22-14 11:40 AM
    Phones still at the repair guy. He thinks he can get it back to life and I've tried almost all this guys..... even... banging it like one guy said haha. That worked on an air conditioner for me recently. Nothing for me. Hopefully this cell phone repair guy can do it. He did 5 BB10 devices last week he said so he's the best in my area. Last hope.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:30 PM
    And I did try air duster too

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:30 PM
    Well OP, we'll keep our fingers crossed!

I don't bother with backups with Link, I've seen that go wrong once. Now, I make sure all contacts, calendars and e-mails are in Exchange. If my device dies, I can be up and running within an hour with a new BB10 device. I'll only need my SD card, and the password to my cloud storage and password manager.
    Only things getting lost are SMS (which hardly anyone uses anymore) and BBM non-group chat history. And those I can do without.

That doesn't help AT ALL with your current situation, I know. But while you're in pain now, imagine what it would feel like to have to go through this again in a couple of months.

Mazzeltov!
    07-22-14 04:08 PM
    your carrier should have all your data from texts, contacts, emails backed up. Hopefully you have your media on your SD card.
    07-22-14 04:49 PM
    Good luck OP. Our prayers are with you

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:30 AM
83 1234