Hi everybody

I think we need to create something or that we need to ask and ask and ask and keep asking BlackBerry and snapchat to bring snapchat to out smartphone! Casper is the worst app ive ever used ! Its laggy and ugly

Snapchat was on BlackBerry a year ago and we need to bring it back

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 05:42 PM
    Nothing to do with BlackBerry, Snapchat block third party solutions for a reason.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-31-15 05:47 PM
    Well if you do protest, focus on the Snapchat company. Because it was their call to pull the apps....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-31-15 05:53 PM
    Lots have tried and all have failed.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    10-31-15 07:20 PM
    Oh yes, protest with like 10 people. That will change snapchat's mind. [/sarcasm]
    10-31-15 07:22 PM
    It's like kicking dead horse at this point with these attempts to get snapchat as a native app on BB10. Get an Android or iPhone or Priv (when it comes out) those are fool proof options to have full access to snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:32 PM
    Hi everybody

I think we need to create something or that we need to ask and ask and ask and keep asking BlackBerry and snapchat to bring snapchat to out smartphone! Casper is the worst app ive ever used ! Its laggy and ugly

Posted via CB10
    Why would Snapchat wanna make a bb10 app when blackberry is going android?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:17 PM
    With snapchats recent change of policy why would you want it on a blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:15 PM
    Is anyone still wondering why people are ditching Bb10? Seriously!

This Snap chat thing is not an isolated thing. It's fairly common.
    11-01-15 06:12 PM
    When was Snapchat actually on BB10?

There never was even an official android port.

The android app did work for a time, until Snapchat themselves killed access from a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:39 PM
    Bleeding about it on a forum won't help.

Given BlackBerry's market share, the terminally-ill state of BB10 and Snapchat's well-documented reluctance to bend over backwards to accomodate six people, there is nothing short of kidnapping the CEO's loved ones and threatening to explain to them in great detail how BlackBerry can become #1 again until they make a native Snapchat app.
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    11-01-15 08:27 PM
    Everybody seems to forget, why SnapChat is banned on Blackberry. It is because BlackBerry supports instant screenhooting with the volume keys. As this is a hardware/OS feature and it can't be locked, it makes the idea of SnapChat obsolet.

If you send a Snap to a SnapChat user that has a BlackBerry device, you can assume that the recipient most likely just saved the picture right away with that screenshot feature!

I sure that's not what you want, because otherwise you would have sent it via Whatsapp or email, right?
    11-03-15 05:42 AM
    I sure that's not what you want, because otherwise you would have sent it via Whatsapp or email, right?
    Actually most people I know that use Snapchat just use it to send each other pictures that are just "not good enough to keep, but good enough for a quick laugh", not stuff that could be compromising.

Social media platforms: DSLR quality. You're proud of what you've shot and you want to show it to the world. You expect a positive response and want feedback.

"Traditional chatting"(MMS/email/WhatsApp): photos of a more personal nature, still good enough to save for later, but not intended for public feedback.

Snapchat: disposable camera. ****photos that are good for a laugh, but shouldn't take up any unnecessary space on your phones Pictures/Camera roll.

I still don't see the point, plenty of other ways to do the same (BBM, lol), but I can see how some people would like it for "normal" purposes.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    11-03-15 05:58 AM
    Everybody seems to forget, why SnapChat is banned on Blackberry. It is because BlackBerry supports instant screenhooting with the volume keys. As this is a hardware/OS feature and it can't be locked, it makes the idea of SnapChat obsolet.

If you send a Snap to a SnapChat user that has a BlackBerry device, you can assume that the recipient most likely just saved the picture right away with that screenshot feature!

So with the soon release of the Priv would the volume keys still be able to do screenshooting?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:33 AM
    Hi everybody

Posted via CB10
    Good luck! You better sit down to wait, because this will be as effective as the one for Netflix. LOL
    11-03-15 10:38 AM

Seriously!? That's the reason!? :S

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:53 AM
    Well, that makes sense, doesn't it. Android can control the screenshooting directly with a permission. This feature is used by SnapChat to prevent that screenshots are being taken. On Blackberry OS, this feature is useless, because the underlying OS 10 takes the screenshot.

From the developer docs about WindowsManager (WindowManager.LayoutParams | Android Developers

Code:
    public static final int FLAG_SECURE

Added in API level 1
    Window flag: treat the content of the window as secure, preventing it from appearing in screenshots or from being viewed on non-secure displays.

See FLAG_SECURE for more details about secure surfaces and secure displays.

Constant Value: 8192 (0x00002000)
    Additionally, SnapChat has an in-app purchase, that let's you see pictures again if you pay for it:
    Snapchat update offers in-app purchases (and terrifying new 'lenses') | Technology | The Guardian

"Snapchat has launched its first in-app purchases, offering users the chance to buy the ability to replay already-seen pictures and videos: The new feature, which is only available in the US for the time being, offers “replays” in packs of three for $0.99. Without them, users can only view any given picture or video once, and get one additional replay for free each day."

SnapChat really has no motivation to support a device that ruins their business model.
    11-03-15 12:08 PM