Hi,

I would like some clarification about Gmail deleted messages and BB10, today with the 10.3.2.

Since I have BB10 devices, managing deleted messages with Gmail is very sad for me. I wish BB10 works like iOS and Android, and it leaves us a choice when we delete an email: trash or archive.

Unfortunately, this was not possible and I have to go IMAP settings in Gmail.

But I saw some messages from users saying that since 10.3.2, when they delete Gmail messages, they automatically arrive in the trash! The problem is that this is not the case at all for me. If I didn't enable IMAP in Gmail settings, the message is archived.

The other problem is that since the 10.3 update I can't access the Gmail Trash from my BB Z30. There is a "trash" folder, but it is not synchronized with IMAP. And if I go to the phone settings when I activate "sync all files", folder "Trash" is gray. I can't activate it.

So I want to know, officially, where we are about Gmail and BB10.3.2 ? I know that many discussions exist but they say something different ...

1) Whether it happens when you delete a Gmail message from your BB10 device?
    2) Can you access to your IMAP trash from your BB10 device?

Thank's for your answer, and sorry for my bad english... (I'm french)
    10-27-15 11:02 AM
    On my IEEE active sync account:
    1) Email deleted on my blackberry ends up in All Mail. Email deleted using the web interface to Google ends up in trash
    2) Not trash, but there is a Wastebasket.

On a non-active sync account the same.
    10-27-15 01:11 PM
    Ok... So you can't active the trash folder. But what is the Wastebasket ? What messages go in this folder ?
    10-27-15 06:54 PM
    Never noticed I manage all my mail from the hub, rarely log into the account itself to see what's happening there!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    10-28-15 03:32 AM
    Ok... So you can't active the trash folder. But what is the Wastebasket ? What messages go in this folder ?
    If the idea is to be able to read your "trash", you can map the Wastebasket folder to any IMAP folder you want. One that you can sync for example...
    Need precision about Gmail and BB10-img_20151028_101451.png
    10-28-15 05:17 AM
    Thank's Joshu42. But I don't understand... I can't map the "Wastebasket" folder. I mean I can active the trash folder in the wastebasket menu, like your screenshot. But I think it doesn't work. Because like I said, when I go to the IMAP Gmail settings, I can't select the "trash". I have the same configuration to your screenshot, but when I delete a message on my Z30, it doesn't go to the trash on the phone. Actually, the trash folder on my Z30 is useless. Because messages I delete don't go here.
    10-28-15 09:25 AM
    Thank's Joshu42. But I don't understand... I can't map the "Wastebasket" folder. I mean I can active the trash folder in the wastebasket menu, like your screenshot.
    The "trash" folder is not one to be synced. You have to create another folder that can sync (not a predefined one). If you don't have any in the combo box, create one in your Gmail via the web interface. That's all.

Actually, the trash folder on my Z30 is useless. Because messages I delete don't go here.
    You can find them either in the "trash" folder, either in the Gmail's "All mail" one in the web interface (it depends on your Gmail settings).
    10-28-15 10:03 AM
    Thank you ! I understand. So I have to create a "BB trash" folder, for example. But if I'm on the web interface and I delete a message, it will go into the "trash"n not in the "BB trash"... Right ?
    Do you know why sync with the trash is no longer possible? Before, when I was in Z30 10.2.1 it worked very well.

Indeed, when I delete a message on my Z30, I can't see it in the trash folder in the HUB, but I can see it in the trash of the web interface.
    10-28-15 10:44 AM