Hoping not to get bashed too hard here, I'm looking to install the latest official OS using autoloaders. I know there are probably a 1000 other threads the same... but would just like some someone to help point me in the right direction so I don't screw anything up.

I'm on Tmobile US, with a Tmobile branded Q10, so unfortunately I haven't had the luxury of it being sent to me ota, and I'm tired of waiting. No I don't mind losing my wifi calling until Tmo finally decides to push it out.

I've done it once before, on 10.2.1 when it came out, I could just use a refreshing. From my understanding- 10.3.1.2582 is the latest out correct?

So I'm downloading that now. And then I just unzip and it's ready to go.. right?

Now which radio do I download with it? And is there an auto-loader already available for it? Is it the Q5+Q10+Khan link in the. 2585 live link thread?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:17 PM
    No bashing, but have you searched the forum?
    There are many detailed threads on how to do this
    03-17-15 10:20 PM
    From my understanding, and I would like an honest explanation of this myself, the radios are the same for all the Q10 versions. Like you said, you'll lose carrier specific features/capabilities until an official release but you won't have any other issues if you upgrade. The choice is yours

I'm using a Q10SQN100-4/10.3.1.2582 on Sprint right now and loving it.

emPowered by 
    03-17-15 10:23 PM
    Yes, I have searched the forums... but I'm not "in the know" on what's the latest available. as I don't stay up to date on leaks and stuff. Plus, I just wanted a hand as I've only done it once before well twice with the same OS on 2 different Q10's. Mine worked perfectly and the other one bricked. So I'm 1/2 right now lol

This is the only phone I have, so I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly, if you can understand that.... and there are much more knowledgeable people on here than me.

As the next guy pointed out... all radio files are the same. (I did not know that) I thought they would vary by gsm/cdma or whatever. so it's the little things like that

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:37 PM
    Yes, I have searched the forums... but I'm not "in the know" on what's the latest available. as I don't stay up to date on leaks and stuff. Plus, I just wanted a hand as I've only done it once before well twice with the same OS on 2 different Q10's. Mine worked perfectly and the other one bricked. So I'm 1/2 right now lol

This is the only phone I have, so I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly, if you can understand that.... and there are much more knowledgeable people on here than me.

As the next guy pointed out... all radio files are the same. (I did not know that) I thought they would vary by gsm/cdma or whatever. so it's the little things like that

Posted via CB10
    Hi you do ask help with polite manner I'm sure many people will help you!

Download the autoloader 10.3.1.2582 is the latest no need to download radio file because autoloader contain radio file
    Just extract it and run it done!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on 4G Altel network
    03-17-15 10:43 PM
    Hoping not to get bashed too hard here, I'm looking to install the latest official OS using autoloaders. I know there are probably a 1000 other threads the same... but would just like some someone to help point me in the right direction so I don't screw anything up.

I'm on Tmobile US, with a Tmobile branded Q10, so unfortunately I haven't had the luxury of it being sent to me ota, and I'm tired of waiting. No I don't mind losing my wifi calling until Tmo finally decides to push it out.

I've done it once before, on 10.2.1 when it came out, I could just use a refreshing. From my understanding- 10.3.1.2582 is the latest out correct?

So I'm downloading that now. And then I just unzip and it's ready to go.. right?

Now which radio do I download with it? And is there an auto-loader already available for it? Is it the Q5+Q10+Khan link in the. 2585 live link thread?

Posted via CB10

Follow this procedure. I take screen shots of useful posts and save them with remember. Good luck.
    Need a little help upgrading-img_00000564.png

Sent from my ‪ Passport ‪
    03-17-15 10:49 PM
    Hi you do ask help with polite manner I'm sure many people will help you!

Download the autoloader 10.3.1.2582 is the latest no need to download radio file because autoloader contain radio file
    Just extract it and run it done!

Oh ok. So the Q5+Q10+khan link is not am autoloader, now that I've downloaded.. lol looks like a bar file. I've downloaded the autoloader, there's no autoloader for radio file to go with it?

For some reason I remember doing something with Winrar last time, sorry for sounding a little lost.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:55 PM
    Oh ok. So the Q5+Q10+khan link is not am autoloader, now that I've downloaded.. lol looks like a bar file. I've downloaded the autoloader, there's no autoloader for radio file to go with it?

For some reason I remember doing something with Winrar last time, sorry for sounding a little lost.

Posted via CB10
    It should be. exe file the autoloader after you extract /un zip it
    Autoloader is made from debrick + radio file, so you don't need the radio file again

03-17-15 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    There's a step by step method (including picture) on how to create an autoloader for the latest OS release in the very first post. It looks really easy and doable for the average user - download a simple app and two .bar files and that's pretty much it. I would have gone this route but didn't feel like setting everything up from scratch again.

I used the Sachesi method for this install.

emPowered by 
    03-17-15 11:01 PM
    Oh the link from 2852 thread is a link from BlackBerry server to download the debrick OS and radio file, if you haven't found the autoloader search in the thurask archive

03-17-15 11:03 PM
    Also, when I downloaded the .bar files from the links provided my BlackBerry saved them as .zip files. Make sure you have the extensions visible in Windows so you can remove the .zip extension - if you are having this issue.

emPowered by 
    Uzi likes this.
    03-17-15 11:05 PM
    Also, when I downloaded the .bar files from the links provided my BlackBerry saved them as .zip files. Make sure you have the extensions visible in Windows so you can remove the .zip extension - if you are having this issue.

emPowered by 
    Yep happened to me, I go to properties in my file manager phone and rename it

03-17-15 11:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, your download is/should be a .rar file that you unpack with Winrar. Then you get a folder with a .exe file inside. That's the autoloader you run.

Honestly if you're unsure I would go that route and not mess around with individual core debrick and bar files. Just remember autoloader will erase everything on your phone so save all your data/media etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:16 PM
    Whichever route you take, be sure that your media card is not encrypted and that you make a full backup with Link before you begin.

Also, I've used leaked versions for years but just yesterday used Sachesi to upgrade for the first time. It worked when I followed the instructions perfectly but waiting for an autoloader (which people here graciously put together and upload shortly after each leak) is vastly preferable.

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:20 PM
    Whichever route you take, be sure that your media card is not encrypted and that you make a full backup with Link before you begin.

Also, I've used leaked versions for years but just yesterday used Sachesi to upgrade for the first time. It worked when I followed the instructions perfectly but waiting for an autoloader (which people here graciously put together and upload shortly after each leak) is vastly preferable.

Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    See I also used Sachesi for the first time yesterday and it was awesome, I'll never autoload again.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:56 PM