I have a rogers unlocked Z10.
    It started to have weird issues when I came back from a trip to the states where I use a t mobile sim while travelling. Upon return I went into the my rogers app and turned off the call forwarding text forwarding and also the text Autoreply as I have a dozen times before so I can use my phone normally again with my rogers sim.
    Since then the phone was weird. Many texts would not go out. Most text replies I would not recceive. The phone also started randomly rebooting. A week later people were telling me the text auto reply was on but when I logged into my rogers none of that was On. Rogers rebooted the network and was hoping it was good. Turns out it is the same weird ghosts. Rogers confirmed on their end that the texts were being sent and received from my sim so I should reload the OS. I was in 10.1 so I finally did the backup and The upgrade with link on my mac pro.when my phone rebooted it said sim not provisioned so I went and got a new sin thinking this must be it. While I am experiencing some of the slow text issues I've read about with 10.2 it seems ok. Except my phone still has the same issues as before. This is killing me. I use this phone for work and I am unable to know if it's working or not with text. Also the rebooting issue is frustrating. Reboots at least once a day, randomly. I just backed up again with link and was going to wipe the phone and reload the OS then restore my data but I don't see anywhere on link to reload. I'm using a mac so maybe that option doesn't exist? I'm kind of at the end of my rope and even went looking at other phones yesterday as I can't keep having these issues. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it hardware? Software? How can I wipe and restore 10.2 with my Mac? Should I bother? Help!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:11 PM
    Bueler?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:13 AM
    Nobody. Anyone? Hmmmm. Kind of lame.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:51 AM
    This is a tough issue. My recommendation to fixing this problem would be by doing a factory reset (so go back to 10.0) than update your phone to 10.2 through regular dates. DO NOT restore anything once your os is updated - manually input all your info back into your phone. I repeat, do not restore your info as I think the problem is occurring from there.

In order to do a factory reset, open your blackberry link, take the battery out of your phone, connect the USB into your phone and put th battery back into your phone. blackberry link will than recognize your phone and ask you to restore your os back to factory reset.

Once the restore is done, do a security Wipe. Than update your phone to 10.2. I hope this will help.

Security update may take up to few hours. Be patient and do not pull the battery.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-18-13 01:07 AM
    The first thing I would do is order a replacement sim. If you have a defective sim, any amount of time spent on troubleshooting will be wasted.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-18-13 05:35 AM
    The first thing I would do is order a replacement sim. If you have a defective sim, any amount of time spent on troubleshooting will be wasted.

Ignore that, I just realised you did that already.

11-18-13 05:36 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The phone actually bricked. I've never seen a blue screen of death on a cell but this one had it. Blue screen and would endlessly reboot.

Got a replacement Z10 and luckily I did a backup 2 days ago. Back up and running ! I was panicking as I'm off on a trip today for a week.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:35 AM
    The problem lies in "restoring" your back up!
    DO NOT restore "SETTING!" Just restore your Calendar/Contacts and media.

This latest Leak is a big jump with lots of new things and bug fixes.
    Restoring an older version of settings only defeats the whole purpose!

Replacing your device is definitely one way to fix a problem!
    Oh, well... consider this for future problems!!

11-18-13 04:15 PM
    It was for sure a device hardware issue. New phone runs much smoother than my other Z10 ever did

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:52 PM