I have a BB Z10 STL100-3. I had my battery go out a couple of weeks ago so my Z10 died. Ordered four oem batteries and one battery charger off of amazon and my BB now gives me a black screen and a red light that stays on. I tried to auto load this update but it stops at connecting too.. I tried reloading the OS through Link but when I hold the power button down (for ten seconds) the red light blinks twice goes out and comes right back on battery in or out Link keeps telling me to turn off my device by holding the power button for ten seconds. If the battery is out and i plug it into my computer the red light comes back on and the whole cycle starts again. I have tried it on my home computer and on my laptop on love. I have looked at other threads but everyone seems to be able to connect to the auto loader or Link. I have tried Sachesi, but it could not find my BB. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    01-18-18 01:49 PM
    Maybe your battery didn't go out a few weeks ago...

Autoloader should connect, I'd try another cable or PC.
    01-19-18 12:03 PM
    No the battery went out over night while I was charging it. I knew that I was going to need a new battery soon because A it's the battery the phone came with and B the battery had started to swell (aka look pregnant) I was just hoping to hold out til spring.
    01-19-18 06:21 PM
    No the battery went out over night while I was charging it. I knew that I was going to need a new battery soon because A it's the battery the phone came with and B the battery had started to swell (aka look pregnant) I was just hoping to hold out til spring.
    My Z10 is still on the original battery, but I practice safe charging, so no swelling. :--)

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-20-18 11:14 AM
    As soon as a battery looks swelled or warped, it's time to replace it asap.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 11:17 AM
    I tried using a different computer. Link still cannot see it because it will not stay powered off. The auto loader just stops at connecting to root. I hold the power button down for 10 seconds the red lights goes off then blinks twice and comes back on. I am at a total loss. Any thoughts?
    01-23-18 06:44 PM
    Have you ever had BlackBerry drivers installed on the computer you are using?

Funnily enough, I just bought a Z10 to go with my Passport. My first job was to put the autoloader on in with the latest 10.3.3. I used a new work laptop, not my own computer which had never had a BlackBerry connected to it.

Anyway, I couldn't connect either and it turns out that I needed to download BlackBerry Link. You don't need to run it or anything like that, it just installed drivers along with the software. Then the autoloader connected straight away.

(I found this from digging about here on Crackberry)

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 11:44 AM