Can anyone help me find am Offline Mapping app that is either BB10 or Android? I also understand that NavFREE is no longer supported as is Mapswithme from Blackberry World Store. If there is another BB10 app that works please Let me know.
    If there is no BB10 app left to do the job what would be the best alternative for Android. Obviously it would be best to be as light weight as possible for smooth running on BB10. I did install the Mapswithme APK but the places search does not seem to work. I. Can deal with that but would still prefer to find any other solutions that work smoother and completely functional.

Thanks in advance for any help.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport***
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-07-17 at 06:21 AM.
    10-07-17 06:09 AM
    For driving you can use for example Sygic
    For outdoor Locus,..

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 07:16 AM
    Can anyone help me find am Offline Mapping app that is either BB10 or Android? I also understand that NavFREE is no longer supported as is Mapswithme from Blackberry World Store. If there is another BB10 app that works please Let me know.
    If there is no BB10 app left to do the job what would be the best alternative for Android. Obviously it would be best to be as light weight as possible for smooth running on BB10. I did install the Mapswithme APK but the places search does not seem to work. I. Can deal with that but would still prefer to find any other solutions that work smoother and completely functional.

Thanks in advance for any help.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport***
    Try OsmAnd (BBW). I still use Maps.Me (android port in BBW) and it has enough function for me but ymmv.
    10-07-17 07:57 AM
    Try OsmAnd (BBW). I still use Maps.Me (android port in BBW) and it has enough function for me but ymmv.
    Is OsmAnd still supported in Blackberry World?

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    10-07-17 08:03 AM
    Is OsmAnd still supported in Blackberry World?

I highly doubt it. It is, of course, an open-source project and may even just be a web wrapper ? Not sure but it doesn't hurt to try it. I have used it before but years ago and I did not care for the weird look of the maps. It may have changed since but I know you can store maps and it worked well for that. Let us know if you try it.
    10-07-17 08:15 AM
    I highly doubt it. It is, of course, an open-source project and may even just be a web wrapper ? Not sure but it doesn't hurt to try it. I have used it before but years ago and I did not care for the weird look of the maps. It may have changed since but I know you can store maps and it worked well for that. Let us know if you try it.
    OK thanks and I appreciate the suggestion but I was hoping to get something that is still supported.
    10-07-17 08:31 AM
    For driving you can use for example Sygic
    For outdoor Locus,..

Posted via CB10
    OK I downloaded it first on my android phone and wow! Love this app. I had a paid version of MapsWithMe or Maps.Me and it was a bit jaggedy and not showing accurate traffic.

This Sygic is beautifully designed and accurate. I think I may go with that's on both phones now.
    10-07-17 08:34 AM
    OK I downloaded it first on my android phone and wow! Love this app. I had a paid version of MapsWithMe or Maps.Me and it was a bit jaggedy and not showing accurate traffic.

This Sygic is beautifully designed and accurate. I think I may go with that's on both phones now.
    I have Sygic too. They have a sale for cca 20 € sometimes. And you can use it on 3 phones ať once. It's fine

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 08:39 AM
    Please try Genius Maps. It is native, offline app with guided navigation and map data from 2017

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 09:27 AM
    Please try Genius Maps. It is native, offline app with guided navigation and map data from 2017

Posted via CB10
    Great app but expensive. Also your BB10 purchase will not transfer to android.
    10-07-17 10:41 AM
    I have Sygic too. They have a sale for cca 20 € sometimes. And you can use it on 3 phones ať once. It's fine

Posted via CB10
    Where did you find Syria for BB10? I did not find it on BBW.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 05:21 PM
    Maps.me that's a good one.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 05:31 PM
    Where did you find Syria for BB10? I did not find it on BBW.

Posted via CB10
    Sygic
    It's in the Google Play Store

10-07-17 11:08 PM
    Sygic
    It's in the Google Play Store

I am new user, if I installed android Apps, what happened to my classic? Is battery life got drain quickly or damaged my phone?
    I always download from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 05:59 AM
    I am new user, if I installed android Apps, what happened to my classic? Is battery life got drain quickly or damaged my phone?
    I always download from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    I use Yalp Store. You can either sign in with your Google ID or just let Yalp make a fake one.

Now for the Classic. I never owned a classic but I heard it's not as fast as the Passport. You can always try it and see. When it comes to Android apps, they can slow down BB10 phones for sure but if you need it where there isn't a viable alternative then I guess you have to try.
    what I've done is make a list of android apps and their version, then I would upload their APK to my Cloud (OneDrive). If all is well then good but if you've went through many android apps over the year or two and you think your phone is lagging just back everything up manually to a computer where the files, docs, pictures, videos, etc.. are safe and then a clean wipe of the phone and a formatting of SD card will make it new again.
    I did this after I knew I had acquired everything I needed and was ready with all my apps. Now my Passport is running smoothly and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-08-17 at 07:44 AM.
    10-08-17 07:19 AM
    I would also get Taskmanager. It's an android app and you can close or if you hold on one of the apps it found running, you can Force Close the app so it won't reopen and use any resources. Only app that I have that I've found won't stay down is a Web browser called YuBrowser. Great Web browser but I can't keep it from popping up in the background processes. Doesn't seem to be a big issue

10-08-17 07:50 AM
    Great answer! I Will try to download android Apps for now, thanks. Already download yalp store lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 08:43 AM
    Great answer! I Will try to download android Apps for now, thanks. Already download yalp store lol

Posted via CB10
    I would try to keep your android apps to a minimum. I have igrann Pro for regular use but if I need to check the DM system I can open the instagram APK version 9.0.1 from APK Mirror and when I'm done I Force Close it.

The less android apps installed the better!!

10-08-17 08:59 AM
    Offline Maps & Navigation in Play Store. An excellent product that has taken us from NB to Orlando.
    10-08-17 09:16 AM
    Offline Maps & Navigation in Play Store. An excellent product that has taken us from NB to Orlando.
    When was the last update for any of the maps or app?
    10-08-17 10:11 AM
    The app had an update a few weeks back and the maps a few months ago.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-08-17 10:40 AM
    I would try to keep your android apps to a minimum. I have igrann Pro for regular use but if I need to check the DM system I can open the instagram APK version 9.0.1 from APK Mirror and when I'm done I Force Close it.

The less android apps installed the better!!

I only download two app that I really cannot live without them. It's called Forum Kaskus (Indonesian Forum) because I dont like opening it via browser. I think the Blackberry browser sucks (?). Any advice to find the replacement? And the second app is Quora, I can read all the great info and motivation in there.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 06:13 AM
    I only download two app that I really cannot live without them. It's called Forum Kaskus (Indonesian Forum) because I dont like opening it via browser. I think the Blackberry browser sucks (?). Any advice to find the replacement? And the second app is Quora, I can read all the great info and motivation in there.

Posted via CB10
    For the browser I heavily reccomend Q Browser pro. It works amazingly!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 06:27 PM