I started to attempt to side load Android apps on my new Z30. I've enabled the developer mode. Suddenly, I start to get a device locked message and enter password to unlock it (10 out of 10 tries).
    No matter what password I used, it wouldn't unlock. Finally I arrived at the last try and now my device is wiping everything. What causes the message to come on if I never enabled it to lock itself or use a password to unlock?
    02-28-14 11:21 AM
    Why would enable to developer mode to install android apps?

I dont know but could be some nasty bug
    Sorry to here you lost your data

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:25 AM
    I was using Sachesi to try and install Snap. Sachesi was having trouble connecting to the device so I tried toggling the developer mode to see if it helped things. Device just finished wiping, now doing a restore with BB link.
    02-28-14 11:31 AM
    You should have been prompted for a password (setup) when you entered dev mode for the first time. This is a requirement. So you did type something in the box when it was first presented.

So, you either entered on a while ago and forgot, or entered it when you enabled dev mode this time. Some people use their wifi sharing password or the same password as the device itself. Hope you had a backup as well.

Could also be a bug I suppose.
    02-28-14 11:31 AM
    I think you're right about the password when entering developer mode. I hate all these passwords. Next time I'll be more careful. Right now I'm doing the restore with link.
    02-28-14 11:38 AM